"Tanks for the memories Phil Jackson"

jimkcchief88

All Star
Before 2014-15 locker clean out I would like to "tank" Phil Jackson for few things:

1. Tanks for the most forgettable season in Knicks history.

2. Tanks for making our upcoming Saturday night matchup with the Bulls IRRELAVENT:(

3. Tanks for your 12 million $$$$ salary that should be given back or donated to charity

4. Tanks for hiring a rookie coach that can't coach.

5. Tanks for trading our center Tyson Chandler for a PG that couldn't guard me or you

6. Tanks for no-more game threads on KO.COM

7. Tanks for making Knicks fans find other teams to root for during the upcoming playoffs

8. Tanks for no more nationally televised Knick games

9. Tanks for thinking you are bigger than the game we love and ruining our team.

10. Get your **** together

On Chief feel free to rant here Orange and Blue believers

skisloper

Starter
Before 2014-15 locker clean out I would like to "tank" Phil Jackson for few things:

1. Tanks for the most forgettable season in Knicks history.

2. Tanks for making our upcoming Saturday night matchup with the Bulls IRRELAVENT:(

3. Tanks for your 12 million $$$$ salary that should be given back or donated to charity

4. Tanks for hiring a rookie coach that can't coach.

5. Tanks for trading our center Tyson Chandler for a PG that couldn't guard me or you

6. Tanks for no-more game threads on KO.COM

7. Tanks for making Knicks fans find other teams to root for during the upcoming playoffs

8. Tanks for no more nationally televised Knick games

9. Tanks for thinking you are bigger than the game we love and ruining our team.

10. Get your **** together

On Chief feel free to rant here Orange and Blue believers

As Bad as the Knicks were this season we would all be ecstatic IF:

1. Chandler/Smith traded together for expirings and first rounder.
2/ Shump/Felton together traded for expiring and late first rounder
3. Melo not signed.....

A dream that was so close to being a reality.
1 lottery pick
2 first rounders ( to use or trade )
3. Full Cap space

Whats funny is if we had NO GM and did no trades we would be better off....
we would have JR, THJ AND FELTON and a first rounder and almost all cap space....

so YES Phil messed up big time....I still cannot sell him out until we see what we have in September.

tiger0330

Legend
Chief Tanks for the great thread.

But this season won't be forgotten. It will go down as one of the most memorable seasons in club history much like Pearl Harbor or the JFK assassination and there may be more if Jackson doesn't get his stuff together, it'll go down as PJ's Folly or how he ruined the Knicks with the obsolete Triangle offense.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Chief Tanks for the great thread.

But this season won't be forgotten. It will go down as one of the most memorable seasons in club history much like Pearl Harbor or the JFK assassination and there may be more if Jackson doesn't get his stuff together, it'll go down as PJ's Folly or how he ruined the Knicks with the obsolete Triangle offense.

Yep that's funny...Remember when everyone wondered what would happen when Phil didn't have Jordan, Pippen, Shaq, and Kobe...Well now we KNOW the answer On Chief

Kiyaman

Legend
Me too .. Tanks to puppet Phil Jackson for having a better losing-season than the Knicks past 4 clueless GM's
It must be the MONEY $$$

CoolClyde

Phil Jackson is driving one of the best tanks in the NBA, without making it obvious, a true leader of men! he just sent a message to season ticket holders that the Knicks most likely have a top 4 pick, meaning he KNOWS the tank is in effect, he's just not saying it. the man has blown up a team that needed blowing up, kept the one player, an all-star, to build around, and has traded players who most likely would not be part of the future of the team, either next year or the year after, so why not get rid of them this year instead, for future considerations and draft picks? this year was shot once Bargs, Calderon, JR and Shump were hurt, and Melo having an obvious major injury iced it. BLOW IT UP, forget about trading for this year, PJ's eye is on the future of this team, be it next year or year after.

tough sh*t that this year sucks d*ck, but that's how you rebuild. take your puppet bullsh*t to the whine yard.

Broadway

All Star
Everyone knows we're tanking Clyde (from the Okafor take in against St. John's, to the myriad of scouting Kentucky's blue chippers, to gaffing in the media about Russell) no need to sniff Phil's rear end this hard, it wasn't his original plan.

It does have a puncher's chance of working out though and once again the Sixers are doing the same thing so I guess Sam Hinkie is genius too.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Phil Jackson is driving one of the best tanks in the NBA, without making it obvious, a true leader of men! he just sent a message to season ticket holders that the Knicks most likely have a top 4 pick, meaning he KNOWS the tank is in effect, he's just not saying it. the man has blown up a team that needed blowing up, kept the one player, an all-star, to build around, and has traded players who most likely would not be part of the future of the team, either next year or the year after, so why not get rid of them this year instead, for future considerations and draft picks? this year was shot once Bargs, Calderon, JR and Shump were hurt, and Melo having an obvious major injury iced it. BLOW IT UP, forget about trading for this year, PJ's eye is on the future of this team, be it next year or year after.

tough sh*t that this year sucks d*ck, but that's how you rebuild. take your puppet bullsh*t to the whine yard.

Clyde .... After the foolish Tyson Chandler trade in June (with Melo opting-out in July). then the resigning of the $124M old-man that dont have a running-game .... All of ESPN analyst waisted no time making it public sport news in August that the Knicks were a 10 seeded TANKING-Team .. When a team is a 10 seeded team in the eastern conference u r a LOTTERY team.

Broadway

All Star
Clyde .... After the foolish Tyson Chandler trade in June (with Melo opting-out in July). then the resigning of the $124M old-man that dont have a running-game .... All of ESPN analyst waisted no time making it public sport news in August that the Knicks were a 10 seeded TANKING-Team .. When a team is a 10 seeded team in the eastern conference u r a LOTTERY team.

But Phil wasn't Tanking in August and preseason rankings have no bearing on original plans. Phil flat out thought this was a playoff team. Matter of fact he implied as did Fisher in later December early January things would turn around, here are 2 quotes from these STOOGES....

STOOGE #1

STOOGE #2

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/60456/derek-fisher-has-a-crazy-notion

“I think if we can get healthy and we can continue to build confidence in one another [and] in what we can do, we’ll still have a shot at the right time,” Fisher said Thursday.

At 5-23, the Knicks are off to the worst start in franchise history. They enter play Friday seven games behind Brooklyn for the eighth seed in the Eastern Conference. Given all of that, the idea that they can make the playoffs seems far-fetched.

What gives Fisher confidence that the Knicks can make a run for the eighth seed?

“How we’ve lost a lot of games that we have lost. That, I think, is also in my opinion confirmation that we’re not as far away as it seems,” Fisher said. “Although that sounds crazy with [23] losses. To think about being [seven] games from still being kind of in the race is somewhat mind-boggling, but it’s a very long season.

Please stop trying to sneak Tanking in as some grand original plan or something that is guaranteed to work. His original one failed and neither has any merit of good standing at present.

Last edited:
C'mon, Broadway, as promised in his Christmas wishes, PJ totally delivered a better 2015 than 2014. Up through New Year's Eve we were 5 - 29. Since the start of 2015, we are 9 - 31. That is undeniably, mathematically better.

Broadway

All Star
C'mon, Broadway, as promised in his Christmas wishes, PJ totally delivered a better 2015 than 2014. Up through New Year's Eve we were 5 - 29. Since the start of 2015, we are 9 - 31. That is undeniably, mathematically better.

I hope you are being facetious because by a Zen's Standard that's not what he was referring to. Not someone who has won 13rings, who are you trying to kid? So much better it's led to this so called purposeful tanking. Yeah much better much much much much better...keep lowering the bar though.

Last edited:
I hope you are being facetious because by a Zen's Standard that's not what he was referring to. Not someone who has won 13rings, who are you trying to kid? So much better it'sled to this so called purposeful tanking. Yeah much better much much much much better...keep lowering the bar though.

I am being super facetious. This awful season may have made me permanently facetious.

jimkcchief88

All Star
But Phil wasn't Tanking in August and preseason rankings have no bearing on original plans. Phil flat out thought this was a playoff team. Matter of fact he implied as did Fisher in later December early January things would turn around, here are 2 quotes from these STOOGES....

STOOGE #1

STOOGE #2

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/60456/derek-fisher-has-a-crazy-notion

Please stop trying to sneak Tanking in as some grand original plan or something that is guaranteed to work. His original one failed and neither has any merit of good standing at present.

That's the very scary part. PJ is so conceited he thought he could trade Tyson for Calderone and make this team better? And that's his hand picked coach looking dumb on the sidelines as well. Pjax went from thinking this team could make the playoffs albeit 7-8th seed to giving JR and Shump away for a second-hand pair of jays. Now Phil is begging the Garden faithful to renew their season tickets. Pitiful.