Official 2015 NBA Playoff Thread

Klay Thompson out with a concussion. He may miss some games if he doesn't pass the NBA concussion protocol during the break.

grab-2015-05-27-22h38m16s238.jpg

thompson.jpg

That picture is crazy, but I think it's worth mentioning that the blood is supposedly coming from a cut to his ear, not from further inside his head.

Kiyaman

Legend
O.K everyone choose your FINALS team?
EAST Cavs?
WEST Warriors

Im rooting for the Knicks/Cavs team .. but LOGIC says ..
Irving vs Curry = GS
Shump vs Klay = GS
Lebron vs Barnes = Cavs
Triston vs Green = tied
Mozgov vs Bogut = GS
Bench depth =GS
GS Warriors in 6 games

In my mind, this series is about will Lebron take his game to yet another level and will Curry and company suffer some level of collapse on the biggest stage. If those two things don't happen, I don't think Cleveland can win. That said, I'm taking Golden State in 7.

tiger0330

Legend
Heart wants Cleveland, mind says GS in 5 or 6.

Kyrie looked hobbled the last game and I heard he's far from 100% and they'll need him at near 100% to win. GS is by far the toughest team they have faced, even tougher than the Spurs team Lebron lost to in 5 games with Miami last year.

Kiyaman

Legend
For those rooting for the Cavs here's some rooting insight ....

The Cavs will dust off Mike Miller, Matrix, and James Jones .. and won't Jr Smith more likely go up against Klay and you know Delodova will cover Curry along with Shumpert, plus my bad .. Mosgov and Bogut are a tied, yes I know Bogut will play dirty and get away with it. The trick for the Cavs will be rebounding, so Triston/James/Shumpert/Smith & Mosgov will have to make sure they dominate on the boards on both ends for them to have a chance as both teams are gunners on offense, until Lebron takes over the offense on the Cavs as he does from time to time.

tiger0330

Legend
For those rooting for the Cavs here's some rooting insight ....

The Cavs will dust off Mike Miller, Matrix, and James Jones .. and won't Jr Smith more likely go up against Klay and you know Delodova will cover Curry along with Shumpert, plus my bad .. Mosgov and Bogut are a tied, yes I know Bogut will play dirty and get away with it. The trick for the Cavs will be rebounding, so Triston/James/Shumpert/Smith & Mosgov will have to make sure they dominate on the boards on both ends for them to have a chance as both teams are gunners on offense, until Lebron takes over the offense on the Cavs as he does from time to time.
That would help but the Grizz could not consistently out rebound them with Gasol and Zack. The key to me is stop the Warriors 3 pt shooting and Lebron and Kyrie improving the Cavs %. Lebron was pretty bad beyond the arc, I think less than 20% during the playoffs, Kyrie shoots 40% and Lebron 35% and the Cavs could win it. Easier said than done, the Warriors are a very good defensive team.

Kiyaman

Legend
That would help but the Grizz could not consistently out rebound them with Gasol and Zack. The key to me is stop the Warriors 3 pt shooting and Lebron and Kyrie improving the Cavs %. Lebron was pretty bad beyond the arc, I think less than 20% during the playoffs, Kyrie shoots 40% and Lebron 35% and the Cavs could win it. Easier said than done, the Warriors are a very good defensive team.

Yeah good point, plus the Warriors long bench-depth of
PG Livingston (would be a nice starting PG for us),
starter SG/SF Iggy,
starter PF David Lee,
and combo-guard Barbosa

tiger0330

Legend
Kyrie looks slow (injured) to me but he sure isn't playing like it. If he can hit that 3 and create his own shot like he's doing the Cavs can win this.

tiger0330

Legend
Yeah good point, plus the Warriors long bench-depth of
PG Livingston (would be a nice starting PG for us),
starter SG/SF Iggy,
starter PF David Lee,
and combo-guard Barbosa
Livingston just signed a new 3 yr deal with GS I think.

Good game so far, the Cavs aren't the Rox but they came out hot in game 1 of the WC finals but the Warriors came back and dominated the rest of the series. If the Cavs can steal game 1 they can make this the series the Rockets couldn't.

tiger0330

Legend
Moz with 2 clutch FTs. He shoots the freebies better than the King.

The guys the Knicks have given up just pisses me off.

Last edited:
Moz with 2 clutch FTs. He shoots the freebies better than the King.

The guys the Knicks have given up just pisses me off.

Ah, the combination of JR, Shump, and Mozgov was nothing special late in this game. The lack of effective impact players beyond Lebron, Irving, and Thompson on clear display in this game 1 as it slips away from Cleveland in OT.

JR without a single point in the 2nd half or OT. Cavs are not going to compete if Irving is as hobbled as he looks limping off the court and their only backup plan is clutch performances from JR. He is fool's gold and always will be. Knicks fans know that better than anybody.

Kiyaman

Legend
Kyrie looks slow (injured) to me but he sure isn't playing like it. If he can hit that 3 and create his own shot like he's doing the Cavs can win this.

Kyrie blocking Curry layup with 24 sec left in game were suppose to be the Cavs winning play .. IGGY DEFENSE on Lebron took the game to overtime .. where Kyrie got injured in overtime, and GS Iggy/Curry/Barnes triangle-offense took control of game-one for the WIN .. GS Warriors lead series 1-0

Broadway

All Star
Too many weapons on GS. Iggie was huge and now with Kyrie hurt the Cavs are in real trouble.

The odds and the clues said Kyrie wasn't gonna last. No excuses Lebron is heralded as better than Jordan, he better figure it out. May not want to take 40FGA and play make more or figure out how to not go ISO on so many possessions. His efficiency all postseason has been garbage.

tiger0330

Legend
Against all odds the Cavs are winning. If you have the King and all your guys play D it doesn't matter who you lose to injuries.

Cavs may lead early in the game but the Warriors wear you out with that 10 man rotation, let's see if the Cavs can keep this up.

jimkcchief88

All Star
See that's where this "new school" basketball gets u in trouble.. Steph passes up an easy layup only down by 8 for a kickout three... Brick city and Bron nails a three at the other end. Take the layup Steph and stop listening to the stat dummies who have never played ball.. A layup is always better than a long jumpshot.... Always

Broadway

All Star
The odds and the clues said Kyrie wasn't gonna last. No excuses Lebron is heralded as better than Jordan, he better figure it out. May not want to take 40FGA and play make more or figure out how to not go ISO on so many possessions. His efficiency all postseason has been garbage.

They had ISOs in heavy rotation but Lebron responded with a TripDip hanging on to a 5pt lead with 2:30min to go.

tiger0330

Legend
Am I watching game 1 on DVR? The King misses the game winner and we go to OT again. Just before the last play I said Lebron looks tired, I wonder how much fatigue played in him missing that last shot.