Official 2015 NBA Playoff Thread

Broadway

All Star
Rose vs Irving, Butler vs LeBron, Gasol vs Mosgov... I think the Bulls might have the edge at this point, although once LBJ turns it on, is there really any stopping him?

nice to see CP3 lead the Clips to a game 7 in LA. would like to see them advance over aging champs, and have them face Rockets.

Brooklyn's got their backs up against the wall tonite, think they can take it to game 7? only if DWill has another career game, but i don't think he's got it in him anymore.

Memphis vs GS is intriguing, but Grizzlies without Conley (face plates!) does not bode well against league MVP.

all in all, looking forward to round 1 ending already, and round 2 getting under way.

Nice takes Clyde

tiger0330

Legend
Wow, Bulls stepped up huge last night when it mattered. Hard to believe that the coach of a team that does that is on the hot seat. Now the Bulls get a ripe matchup against a Cavs team without Love, and for 2 games, JR Smith. East could not be more wide open.
I don't think the Cavs lose that much w/o JR for 2 games with Shump getting his minutes but KLove's points they'll miss. I predicted an upset of the Hawks or Cavs by either the Wiz or Bulls and the stars are lining up for the Bulls and maybe the Wiz.

That game Saturday is going to be a good one, it will probably run over 3 hours with Pop playing hack a DJ.

Kiyaman

Legend
I don't think the Cavs lose that much w/o JR for 2 games with Shump getting his minutes but KLove's points they'll miss. I predicted an upset of the Hawks or Cavs by either the Wiz or Bulls and the stars are lining up for the Bulls and maybe the Wiz.

The Cavs will have to do a lot of shuffling to the rotation adding Miller & Marion

Keven Love and JRsmith out of the rotation is better for the Cavs .. Noah/Gasol/Gibson wouldve walk over Love .. Rose n Butler wouldve been taking turns scoring over JR.smith.

tiger0330

Legend
I predicted an upset of the Hawks or Cavs by either the Wiz or Bulls and the stars are lining up for the Bulls and maybe the Wiz.
I didn't give the Nets their due predicting the Hawks would be in the second round before they even got through playing the Nets. Hawks finally woke up and the Nets laid an egg to allow the Hawks to get to the second round.

Watching Williams made me think of Melo for some reason, that Melo will become the disappointment Williams has become, with Knicks looking to trade Melo like the Nets are looking to trade Williams but finding it impossible because of his no trade clause.

Look for PJ to put Demarre Carroll on his radar, he's an idiot if the only Hawks player he brings in is Elton Brand. Best player in this series and may well get a 40M+ contract from someone.

Last edited:
Bucks and Nets both failed to show up for what could have been exciting game 6 matchups. So, we're left with only one possible dramatic finish in the 1st round, which is the Spurs and Clippers game 7 tonight. No way either team is going to let themselves get blown out, I don't think. Should be one of two slugfests on TV tonight.

tiger0330

Legend
I didn't give the Nets their due predicting the Hawks would be in the second round before they even got through playing the Nets. Hawks finally woke up and the Nets laid an egg to allow the Hawks to get to the second round.

Watching Williams made me think of Melo for some reason, that Melo will become the disappointment Williams has become, with Knicks looking to trade Melo like the Nets are looking to trade Williams but finding it impossible because of his no trade clause.

Look for PJ to put Demarre Carroll on his radar, he's an idiot if the only Hawks player he brings in is Elton Brand. Best player in this series and may well get a 40M+ contract from someone.
Lionel Hollins said Deron Williams is no longer a franchise player, a good player but the Nets need a franchise player esp if you're paying him 100M. Lot of reasons to believe Fisher and PJ will say the same about Melo in a couple of years. He's an average defender an average 3 pt shooter and 3 pt shooting is where the NBA is these days. Add it up with being the on wrong side of 30, coming off of knee surgery and a game that is not suited for the triangle offense and odds are good PJ regrets signing him to that near max contract with a no trade clause.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Mayweather/Pacman fight should be like this Clips Spurs game. Going back and forth with like 15 lead changes already, the Clips bench is coming thru this game.

tiger0330

Legend
Great game in LA 107 tie with 14 seconds to play. Paul hits 2 FTs to go 2 up, this game has to go to OT if there is any justice though I'm hoping the Clips close it out in regulation.

tiger0330

Legend
Duncan hits 2 clutch FTs to tie it. One last shot for the Clips to win it.

Chris Paul with a runner. Clutch shot for him.

tiger0330

Legend
Clips win it. Chris Paul gets the game ball, dude has a hammy and he played clutch.

Doc had to sub Deandre Jordan with Barnes in the last 4 minutes, played into the Clips hands because he played well and was instrumental in the win. I still say how do you pay a guy 19M when you can't play him at the end of big games.

Clips win it. Chris Paul gets the game ball, dude has a hammy and he played clutch.

Doc had to sub Deandre Jordan with Barnes in the last 4 minutes, played into the Clips hands because he played well and was instrumental in the win. I still say how do you pay a guy 19M when you can't play him at the end of big games.

Wow, just wow. It doesn't get more exciting than that. I can't believe the Spurs get a first round exit. If they were in the East, they would probably have won all 3 rounds in sweeps in my mind. The West is crazy.

CoolClyde

DeAndre Jordan is not worth the money, if he can't shoot free throws. it seemed the Spurs were getting a ton of offensive boards, even with DeeJ on the court. it's the lob city that makes the guy so damned valuable, and playing over and above the heads of lesser players and teams, but i don't think he's a max player, and i hope the knicks don't go after him.

that Clippers/Spurs game 7 was best game of the year as far as back and forth, ties, and going down to the wire. CP3 was phenomenal, hope his hammy gets better.

Washington looking very good, as long as Brad Beal stays healthy and John Wall is running the show. seemed to be an easy enough win over Hawks today.

whereas Golden State is cruising toward a title, as far as I can tell. MVP Curry. damn, 1 pick away from being a Knick.

Broadway

All Star

Every game the Clips won....CP3 was THE deciding factor. Blake(lol remember just 2yrs ago we were getting Blake/Jordan/picks for Melo/Tyson/Smith.... our silly fan base I tell ya) did have a monster close out game himself.

Jordan for the series averaged 12.6/13.3/2.6, no matter the free throw misses those aren't pushover numbers.

But understand or ask yourself this..... Clips won this series on their floor, they ended up with the 3 seed. Blake missed a month of basketball. How were they able to lock up a 3rd seed with this being the case?

Here's a hint go look up the game logs between February 8th and March 13th of all Clippers not named Blake.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
DeAndre Jordan is not worth the money, if he can't shoot free throws. it seemed the Spurs were getting a ton of offensive boards, even with DeeJ on the court. it's the lob city that makes the guy so damned valuable, and playing over and above the heads of lesser players and teams, but i don't think he's a max player, and i hope the knicks don't go after him.

that Clippers/Spurs game 7 was best game of the year as far as back and forth, ties, and going down to the wire. CP3 was phenomenal, hope his hammy gets better.

Washington looking very good, as long as Brad Beal stays healthy and John Wall is running the show. seemed to be an easy enough win over Hawks today.

whereas Golden State is cruising toward a title, as far as I can tell. MVP Curry. damn, 1 pick away from being a Knick.

Yep with no Klay Thompson(lottery), and no Harrison Barnes(lottery) and no Draymond Green. Curry was a 2009 pick and lest we forget we traded for Melo in 2011...so adios Peter Pan!

Good luck coming up with the ability to find those assets with bare cupboard options in that span of time.

Although in 2011, there was slight hope had we held on to Curry(not trading for the Obese) and drafting Butler instead of Shumpert. But then one wonders if Curry was gonna be this good, we probably weren't going to be BAD ENOUGH with him like we were with Melo past 2yrs....so who knows.

I said all that to say this..... the tunnel vision recognitioning of Curry as MVP is not acknowledging how good of a team he plays on. He plays with some absolute Stud Muffins

tiger0330

Legend
Every game the Clips won....CP3 was THE deciding factor. Blake(lol remember just 2yrs ago were were getting Blake/Jordan/picks for Melo/Tyson/Smith.... our silly fan base I tell ya) did have a monster close out game himself.

Jordan for the series averaged 12.6/13.3/2.6, no matter the free throw misses those aren't pushover numbers.

But understand or ask yourself this..... Clips won this series on their floor, they ended up with the 3 seed. Blake missed a month of basketball. How were they able to lock up a 3rd seed with this being the case?

Here's a hint go look up the game logs between February 8th and March 13th of all Clippers not named Blake.
Didn't say DJ wasn't a good player just questioning if he's worth the max aside from the fact that the cap space will skyrocket in 2017.

Him and his agent are aiming for a max contract from the Clips, they're going to do what they did with the Warriors enticing some team to make him a max offer. DJ has said he would love to play for the Mavs trying to get Cuban to make him that offer, Cuban will do it to just to drive up the price and make the Clips match it but he ought to remember Chandler Parsons where the Rox didn't match after saying they would and sticking him with his contract.

Even if the Knicks drafted Steph Curry he wouldn't be on the Knicks any longer, they would have traded him to Denver for Melo so why cry over spilt milk.

Broadway

All Star
Didn't say DJ wasn't a good player just questioning if he's worth the max aside from the fact that the cap space will skyrocket in 2017.

Him and his agent are aiming for a max contract from the Clips, they're going to do what they did with the Warriors enticing some team to make him a max offer. DJ has said he would love to play for the Mavs trying to get Cuban to make him that offer, Cuban will do it to just to drive up the price and make the Clips match it but he ought to remember Chandler Parsons where the Rox didn't match after saying they would and sticking him with his contract.

Even if the Knicks drafted Steph Curry he wouldn't be on the Knicks any longer, they would have traded him to Denver for Melo so why cry over spilt milk.

He may not be worth Max based on pure raw value but to continue isolating him, in particular based on free throw shooting is kind of corny.

There was an article stating Aldridge may want to play back home in Dallas and more recently that the Spurs have him on their short list. Oh and that he's moody and may be jealous of Damian Lillard

There was an article a couple mos back that said Draymond Green may want to play back home in Michigan and would accept a contract from Detroit

There was a recent article that stated Boston Celtics showing this year made them strong suitors to land Kevin Love this summer

There was an article from The Post that said Knicks will be interested in signing Brook Lopez if he opts out

There was an article from the Daily News that Monroe to Knicks is a done deal

Goran Dragic was quoted a couple mos back as saying New York and Los Angeles would be ideal spots in free agency

Tig these leaks, quotes are all part of the game of players who want to get paid along with teams that want to pay them, and aren't exclusive to Jordan and his agency. All of the players listed above have questionable Premium salary assessments

Most players in this league are overpaid including the ELITE talent. And you can't really say aside from the fact of cap explosion because it's all a part of what encompasses an evaluation of talent and pay going forward.

Jordan is a major reason why the Clippers are good, have been good, and are playing in the second round. Howard can't really hit free throws either, barely above average offensive game, and he got to the Finals. He makes Max too. Should be a great second round matchup, if CP3 can play

EDIT: I'm not crying over Curry, I do believe we would have traded him too. So this is one Clyde would mull over in hindsight.

Broadway

All Star
Lionel Hollins said Deron Williams is no longer a franchise player, a good player but the Nets need a franchise player esp if you're paying him 100M. Lot of reasons to believe Fisher and PJ will say the same about Melo in a couple of years. He's an average defender an average 3 pt shooter and 3 pt shooting is where the NBA is these days. Add it up with being the on wrong side of 30, coming off of knee surgery and a game that is not suited for the triangle offense and odds are good PJ regrets signing him to that near max contract with a no trade clause.

Agreed and there's nothing wrong in what Hollins had to say. He's simply speaking truth and I believe sending a message to his GM. I don't think Hollins dislikes D-Will either but he wants to win. He flat out said he wants Lopez back and knows it may take a lot of money to do so. He didn't say Lopez wasn't a Max player, although acknowledged he could get an offer that's too rich. Hollins is keeping it real.

Tkf

Benchwarmer

A lot of these guys actually most of these guys are overpaid. DJ is one of if not the best defensive centers in the league, and a monster rebounder... Dwight howard got max money and took an orlando team to the finals and he can't hit Free throws either. DJ is one of the main reasons why the clippers are where they are now and will be a key cog in how far they go. a team will not be signing him with the hopes of having to rely on him hitting late game free throws..

Broadway

All Star
A lot of these guys actually most of these guys are overpaid. DJ is one of if not the best defensive centers in the league, and a monster rebounder... Dwight howard got max money and took an orlando team to the finals and he can't hit Free throws either. DJ is one of the main reasons why the clippers are where they are now and will be a key cog in how far they go. a team will not be signing him with the hopes of having to rely on him hitting late game free throws..

Yeah I mean did you or do you even hear fans panicking over the idea Phil giving a Max contract to a player "WHO DOESN'T DEFEND"(M-E-L-L-O) and could sign a frontcourt player to Max salary "WHO'S A POOR DEFENDER"(Monroe)

What's worse not DEFENDING or not HITTING FREE THROWS?

Being objective here..... Phil did say defense is a priority going forward, so we'll see if he puts actions where his words are.

tiger0330

Legend
Should be a great second round matchup, if CP3 can play
I said the Clips have enough horses to beat anyone, the Spurs series proved that but you mentioned the lack of a bench and the Rox bench is better but I'm not sure that's going to be a factor in the playoffs with shorter rotations and guys playing more minutes.

Paul and Big Baby may both be out tonight, though I think Paul would have to have a broken leg before you keep him out of tonights game.

Should be a good series but I don't see how they match that game 7 Saturday night.