Official 2015 NBA Playoff Thread

tiger0330

Legend
I know this should be in the NBA forum but I was the last one to post something there in a Jeremy Lin thread last year. Post your thoughts, opinions, articles, highlight videos, your favorite team here during the playoffs.

I'm Mr. Obvious but the Warriors are my pick to go all the way. I think they win it all this year and they do it easily, I don't think they have a 7 game series during the playoffs and win the Finals even easier than they go through the West in advancing to the championship game. Just a dominant team with the highest scoring offense and the best defense. Iggy and DLee coming off the bench tells you how deep they are. Derek Fisher could win with that team so don't pay any attention to any comments about what a phenomenal job Steve Kerr has done as a rookie head coach. If they interview Kerr, I hope someone asks him why he's not running the triangle when he was this close to getting the Knicks HC position to run the triangle for PJ.

Thanks for the thread, Tiger. I'm excited for 12 hours of NBA playoff basketball today. I think basically all 8 playoff series have the potential to be exciting and I am looking forward to seeing how things shake out. Something tells me that all bets are off, even for teams that were dominant in the regular season like the Hawks and Warriors. Too many unproven stars getting their first chance to be the favorites instead of their underdogs.

When in doubt, bet on Lebron in the East and TD and crew in the West, so I'm predicting Cleveland/San Antonio, but man, I could easily see any of 7 teams winning the West and one of 3 teams winning the East.

tiger0330

Legend
htr10 a competitive NBA playoffs where every series goes 7 games would be fantastic. Round one last year was fantastic. I would also like to see a dark horse come out of nowhere and make a run, as a New Yorker I hope its the Nets and I would like to be reading their NBA game recaps and box scores in May.

Broadway

All Star
I've been advocating us pursuing Amir Johnson, hope some are noticing what he brings to a team at his position in his role.

Entertaining first game of the playoffs so far. Paul Pierce showing up in the playoffs after more or less taking it easy all season. I wouldn't count either of these two teams as good enough to take a series from Atlanta, Cleveland, or Chicago, but should be an interesting 1st round series at least.

Broadway

All Star
Pierce in rare form today, usually plays big in the Post-Season. Plays the game in a way Melo should play but doesn't. Dude just understands how to get it done no matter the role.

What a game by Amir Tho

Turned into an ugly, ugly game. Maybe first one to 80 wins. Both these teams rely too heavily on young, untested players and Washington refuses to get the ball to Pierce for some reason. Williams coming up huge for Toronto to keep them alive.

Broadway

All Star
Turned into an ugly, ugly game. Maybe first one to 80 wins. Both these teams rely too heavily on young, untested players and Washington refuses to get the ball to Pierce for some reason. Williams coming up huge for Toronto to keep them alive.

Beal came alive a little bit. The game may be ugly but a game in balance always has entertainment value. Every game can't be 120-125. This is why regular season will never match #PlayoffLife

Vazquez with ice water in his veins. Takes advantage of an attempted defensive flop and drills the 3 for the tie. Then he does a little dance that would embarrass even Victor Cruz.

Iso Wall all the way and of course, he bricks a long distance jumper. You have Pierce on the team for a reason. Just terrible. Now Toronto gets a possible last shot or overtime.

Broadway

All Star
Iso Wall all the way and of course, he bricks a long distance jumper. You have Pierce on the team for a reason. Just terrible. Now Toronto gets a possible last shot or overtime.

They say good defense will never beat good offense

Conversely

Bad offense will never beat bad defense

First game of the playoffs goes to OT. Can't ask for much more than this if you like competitive basketball.

tiger0330

Legend
Pierce in rare form today, usually plays big in the Post-Season. Plays the game in a way Melo should play but doesn't. Dude just understands how to get it done no matter the role.

What a game by Amir Tho
Give me 2 Amir Johnsons at 8M instead of 1 Greg Monroe at 16M any day.

You can't come out much stronger than Golden State did in that first half. I wonder if New Orleans even has any adjustments they can make to slow the Warriors down.

tiger0330

Legend
Curry for a skinny guy just makes the game seem effortless. Seems like he's just flicks his wrists when he takes those 25 ft 3s and glides into the lane getting those layups the result 19 pts in the half.

Too much talent on the Warriors. Only way I can see GS losing a series is if they get outcoached. Good thing for San Antonio they have a guy who can outcoach anyone just about ever. Not sure the other teams in the West have a coach who can do that.

tiger0330

Legend
Too much talent on the Warriors. Only way I can see GS losing a series is if they get outcoached. Good thing for San Antonio they have a guy who can outcoach anyone just about ever. Not sure the other teams in the West have a coach who can do that.
Hack a Bogut.