Official 2015 NBA Playoff Thread

Broadway

All Star
Redick was a bust this series but the flip side was Ariza, his 3 pt shooting was sensational. I had the Warriors winning it all but that comeback by the Rox after being down 3-1 has fate written all over it, maybe they take on the Warriors though they got swept by the Warriors in the 4 games they played in the regular season.

They do have Josh Smith, Cory Brewer and Prigs as new additions and if Dwight can dominate inside they may have a chance.

Regular Season

J.J. Redick shot 43.7%

Ariza shot 35%

Playoffs

J.J. Redick 39.8%

Trevor Ariza 35.6%

Series Against

J.J. Redick 38.5% started out relatively hot first 4gms then flamed last 3

Trevor Ariza 41.2% but was cold to start 3gms then got hot last 4

These two players and how their regular season and playoffs(series against went) proves people like Charles and even myself to a point, right. You live and die by jumpers(shooting further away from basket) probably most teams die who rely on it too much. This game has so much more to it than shooting and playing helter skelter.

Paul1355

All Star
Rockets have been impressive but Harden can't do it all alone. Warriors got back in the game when Dwight Howard went down. Warriors can't stop a dominate center, the Rockets backup was dominating down low.

If Howard gets healthy Rockets can even this series and bring it to 7 games. Without Howard the Rockets are finished in 5 or 6

tiger0330

Legend
Completely agree though some here defend the job PJ is doing thinking he's the messiah with 11 rings and agreeing with him that the team needed to be blown up and built from the ground up.

The only thing PJ has done so far is get us a high draft pick by having the worst record in team history. I don't want to hear any excuses next year if the Knicks suck and building a winning team takes time, I want to hear the Knicks are the most improved team in league history going from a 17 win season to a 50 win season.

Really surprised the Cavs got by the Bulls with all their injuries and taking 6 games to do it. The Cavs can thank Phil Jackson for it, without Shump and JR they wouldn't be going to the EC finals.
Check that the Cavs may need to thank Phil Jackson for sending JR and Shump over so they could go to the NBA Finals. JR just busted open game 1 with a record setting Cavs record of 8 3 pointers.

tiger0330

Legend
I'm still amazed that the Cavs are beating teams without 2 legs of the big 3. Those ex-Knicks are a big part of this game 1 win, JR wasn't just scoring he rebounded and defended and Shump locked down Korver, I don't think he made a 3 the whole game. Phil Jackson and that stupid triangle not getting the best out of Shump and JR leading PJ to dump them like today's trash for nothing.

Kiyaman

Legend
Check that the Cavs may need to thank Phil Jackson for sending JR and Shump over so they could go to the NBA Finals. JR just busted open game 1 with a record setting Cavs record of 8 3 pointers.

So TRUE! Phil Jackson gets all the PROPS for Lebron-Cavs going to the FINALS!

jimkcchief88

All Star
Ex-KNIcKs having a major impact all over the playoffs. JR goes crazy again last night and Shump/Mozgov playing major roles. And don't forget Pablo Prigioni down in Houston along with Ariza...Pablo was all over the court in the Rockets close out game Sunday nailing open threes, steals energy... I'm loving the Rockets right now and James "stepdaddy" Harden should have won the MVP because he doesn't have a "splash brother", only worthless a** D12. Kevin Mchale could even look at D12 on the bench the other night refusing to even try to go. Can you imagine Larry, Chief, DJ, or Ainge refusing to even try to go in the conference finals????:( I love the Rockets but I dont think they have enough without D12. Now we know why Kobe chased D12 out of LA because D12 is a loser:( Very frustrating watching these playoffs....JR/Shump/Prigs were major parts of our 54 win team that has been totally dismantled to a d-league squad with the 4th, not first pick....Phil grading out to a D- right now and will fall to a major F-Fail if he blows this offseason on Chief:(

tiger0330

Legend
Too much credit for Phil Jackson with that D- Chief. Nobody saw him at the combine and while living a mile from the NY Hilton he didn't even show up at the draft. Must come to work late every day which Dolan noticed thus him hiring Zeke.

tiger0330

Legend
It's going to be chef curry and warriors vs King James and the cavs...im.picking warriors in 6 or 7
If the Hawks don't have Carroll the Cavs look on their way to a finals appearance. Still I'm shocked how they're beating teams without Love and an injured Kyrie.

Cavs go to the finals it cements the Kings legend, that team isn't loaded with talent as assembled without Love and Kyrie.

Bottom line in the East. Lebron plus anyone who wants to at least try and play beats even a fairly well-constructed roster. East is a joke. Play the whole season for no good reason. Whatever team has Lebron is going to the finals.

tiger0330

Legend
Bottom line in the East. Lebron plus anyone who wants to at least try and play beats even a fairly well-constructed roster. East is a joke. Play the whole season for no good reason. Whatever team has Lebron is going to the finals.
This was the headline on the AP story about game 2. Its not just about Lebrons game its about his leadership as well, his affect on his teammates to play defense, to get the best out of JR. Knicks should be happy they're in the EC, there would be no hope to make the playoffs in the West next year.

ATLANTA (AP) -- Forget the Big Three.

One is enough for the Cleveland Cavaliers, as long as it's the King.

Kiyaman

Legend
It's going to be chef curry and warriors vs King James and the cavs...im.picking warriors in 6 or 7

The Warriors roster has 3 NBA starters coming off their bench in PF-David Lee, SF/SG- IGGY, and PG-Livingston (last year Phil shouldve signed FA Livingston). The Lebron Cavs cant matchup to the Warriors depth chart off the bench.
Another phoney FINALS.

I didnt like the Warriors 2nd game WIN by Harden phoney STOP while in transition with the ball.
It was PHONEY!
Especially the part where he passes the ball to Howard outside the free throw line with seconds on the clock for a jumper. Howard was smart by passing the ball back to a non moving Harden. This was my first time ever seeing Harden stop while racing to the basket in transition.
To too phoney.

tiger0330

Legend
Too much credit for Phil Jackson with that D- Chief. Nobody saw him at the combine and while living a mile from the NY Hilton he didn't even show up at the draft. Must come to work late every day which Dolan noticed thus him hiring Zeke.
Stephen A. going off on Phil Jackson on First Take, everything from not going out on the team road trips other than LA to his bad deals. Really went off on him for not being there at the draft, I agree with SAS. Bird was there, Glen Taylor a lot of NBA presidents and GM's so why not expect PJ who lives a mile away from the Hilton to be there.

I was joking about him coming to work late every day but I don't think his heart is in his job.

Last edited:
Can't believe I just saw that. Lebron pissed off about a no call on a trip down the offensive end, let's his guys go 4 on 5 defensively while he complains for over 10 seconds with less than 30 seconds to go in a game that they are losing by one point.

Shump misses a free throw that would have given the Cavs the one point lead with less than 20 seconds to go. Instead, game is going to OT after Hawks can't convert on their final possession.

Great effort by Atlanta despite no Korver, a banged up Carroll, and Horford ejected in the 2nd quarter, but basic math, Lebron plus any four other players is better than any team in the East come playoff time. Yeah, JR had another nice game, but still, Lebron just does everything for 40 plus minutes. It's almost a joke how little he needs around him to get this team to the NBA finals. Playing Golden State in the Finals, now that will be another story.

tiger0330

Legend
Great effort by Atlanta despite no Korver, a banged up Carroll, and Horford ejected in the 2nd quarter, but basic math, Lebron plus any four other players is better than any team in the East come playoff time. Yeah, JR had another nice game, but still, Lebron just does everything for 40 plus minutes. It's almost a joke how little he needs around him to get this team to the NBA finals. Playing Golden State in the Finals, now that will be another story.
That team was a mess before JR and Shump got there so I don't agree Lebron can just win with anyone. Shump improves their D tremendously and JR didn't win 6th man of the year once because he's not talented. They both have turned up their games at the right time with Kyrie and KLove out.

Kyrie needs to be back to at least 90% for them to have any shot at the Warriors but after how they beat down every team they faced in the playoffs I'm not going to rule out they can beat the Warriors.