2015 NBA Draft Lottery Thread - Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 8:30PM - ESPN

Kiyaman

Legend
The Best Player at 4th pick are
Justice Winslow or Kiminsky

Russell freshmen performance is not a top 6 pick .. Mudiay is not a top 10 pick untill we see him in a try-out workout game

tiger0330

Legend
4 is better than 5 but the team with the worst record won the #1. That should have been us except for 2 useless wins at the end of the season. Here's a prediction, the Twolves will make the playoffs before the Knicks.

Picking 4 the brain trust has to work and figure out what they want to do, Woj saying the Knicks will trade it, what if PJ picks Kaminsky, I think Knicks fans will scream if that happens.

I am saying this right now, no way the Knicks take Kaminsky at 4. No way, no how. The pick will be Russell or Mudiay, whoever is left after the first 3 picks, which will be Towns, Okafor, and Russell/Mudiay.

tiger0330

Legend
The Sixers take Russell in my mind. Knicks now have to do their homework on Mudiay, he didn't do anything at the combine, was injured in China so the Knicks have scant intel on the guy compared to others. Other than need, I'd be tempted to take Winslow.

Paul1355

All Star
Okay, it's okay. All this means is we get Mudiay or Russell. 4th pick is better than the 5th pick. Damn! This stupid season.

No Russell will be gone by the time we pick... 76ers love Russell and he is good friends with Embiid and Noel...we are going to draft Winslow or Mudiay.....the fact that Winslow and Melo are friends plus triangle not having a focus on PG gives Winslow the edge

Paul1355

All Star
4 is better than 5 but the team with the worst record won the #1. That should have been us except for 2 useless wins at the end of the season. Here's a prediction, the Twolves will make the playoffs before the Knicks.

Picking 4 the brain trust has to work and figure out what they want to do, Woj saying the Knicks will trade it, what if PJ picks Kaminsky, I think Knicks fans will scream if that happens.

T Wolves are in the west which is very hard to even make it 8th...Knicks can make playoffs next season with a few more better players

Broadway

All Star
To htr10 and Clyde...

This is why you don't win Game 65 or whatever it was against the Magic and whoever else when you've been essentially the worst team all yr. Rooting for the wins meant nothing, I gave 0 Tux about Langston Galloway making All-Rookie team based on Hero Ball and of course rooting for losses doesn't accomplish anything either....but what's in the best interest of this franchise was always tomorrow and not today....which meant lose and lose big.

Hope Phil is happy with Fish and The Gang

We need to draft Mudiay or trade down

Last edited:

CoolClyde

To htr10 and Clyde...

This is why you don't win Game 65 or whatever it was against the Magic and whoever else when you've been essentially the worst team all yr. Rooting for the wins meant nothing and root for losses doesn't accomplish anything either....but what's in the best interest of this franchise was always tomorrow and not today.

i was rooting for losses, to give the Knicks the best possible chance of getting #1 pick. that worked out for Minnesota, as the odds were in their favor. so I don't know what you're talking about.

it looks like best at #4 will be Russell, Mudiay or Winslow. Melo seems to covet Winslow. Justice served.

there's going to be so much would've, could've, should've at this point, who cares? i'm tired of being should upon. When/if the Knicks get any of those 3 players, it will be a good pick, and Phil will fill out the rest of the roster with the big man he coveted... Monroe? trade down for Kaminsky? so many options, opinion, and threads to be written, can't wait to discuss the bullsh*t!

I'm sure Phil is happy with Fish and company, but very unhappy with Steve Mills for his bad vibes, that guy should be fired for f*cking with the basketball gods at the draft lottery.

To htr10 and Clyde...

This is why you don't win Game 65 or whatever it was against the Magic and whoever else when you've been essentially the worst team all yr. Rooting for the wins meant nothing, I gave 0 Tux about Langston Galloway making All-Rookie team based on Hero Ball and of course rooting for losses doesn't accomplish anything either....but what's in the best interest of this franchise was always tomorrow and not today....which meant lose and lose big.

So, that's your reaction to all this, man? Calling Clyde and I out for supporting this team? Just because I was the one guy still watching/listening to games down the stretch doesn't mean I didn't understand we were better off losing out. Real weak post, dude.

Broadway

All Star
i was rooting for losses, to give the Knicks the best possible chance of getting #1 pick. that worked out for Minnesota, as the odds were in their favor. so I don't know what you're talking about.

it looks like best at #4 will be Russell, Mudiay or Winslow. Melo seems to covet Winslow. Justice served.

there's going to be so much would've, could've, should've at this point, who cares? i'm tired of being should upon. When/if the Knicks get any of those 3 players, it will be a good pick, and Phil will fill out the rest of the roster with the big man he coveted... Monroe? trade down for Kaminsky? so many options, opinion, and threads to be written, can't wait to discuss the bullsh*t!

I'm sure Phil is happy with Fish and company, but very unhappy with Steve Mills for his bad vibes, that guy should be fired for f*cking with the basketball gods at the draft lottery.

Yeah they sent that clown again,

20130930_jla_aa9_006.0.jpg

although that was Phil's call so shame on Phil(you should have been there Phil earn your $12mil/yr keep)

Broadway

All Star
So, that's your reaction to all this, man? Calling Clyde and I out for supporting this team? Just because I was the one guy still watching/listening to games down the stretch doesn't mean I didn't understand we were better off losing out. Real weak post, dude.

Yeah I mentioned your names but it wasn't a ha ha nan nan, it was.... rooting for this team to win does nothing. Literally nothing when we weren't just bad, we were historically bad all yr. Why hiccup for a couple games (late) when proving over and over how inept we were? We surrendered being the worst team to Minnesota as we best the suck literally like 85% of the season. Makes no sense to give up last month, like no sense at all.

For the record whatever options exist at #4 they most certainly exist at #1 #2 and #3. Now we still don't know who will be picked in any particular order but does anyone feel at this time Towns and Okafor aren't good prospects anymore because of our chances to land them are pretty slim? Doubt it!

This gets back to what I said in the Main Draft thread. The difference in talent between 1 and 7 is pretty slim IMO(might even go 10 deep), the problem with that there are 3-4 teams in the East staged to get equal talent besides us.

So whoever we pick has to be better than we think they are and better than existing talent in the league.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Chad Ford tweeted the Knicks are big Justise Winslow fans and not sold on Mudiay. They'll workout both I'm sure but I would take Winslow.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I really thought Commish Silver would rig the draft for us:( 4th pick sucks for real; Tanks Phil for gutting our squad for this crappy fourth pick.. This is why bad teams stay BAD:( #*?*?!

tiger0330

Legend
Yeah they sent that clown again,

20130930_jla_aa9_006.0.jpg

although that was Phil's call so shame on Phil(you should have been there Phil earn your $12mil/yr keep)
Phil's heart isn't in doing his job. If the Knicks win 30 games or less and they miss the playoffs I don't see him staying around. He was a terrible hire to begin with, Zeke was more qualified.

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks the only team that dropped tonight. Lakers moved up. Everyone else stayed put.
Phil is an undercover Lakers president!!!!!!

Wow, I really feel like now that we are locked into the 4th pick, Winslow being the guy is starting to gain momentum. If the top 3 really is going to be Okafor, Towns, and Russell, then I don't think a choice between Winslow or Mudiay is something people should be getting upset about.

Broadway

All Star
Chad Ford tweeted the Knicks are big Justise Winslow fans and not sold on Mudiay. They'll workout both I'm sure but I would take Winslow.

I read that our front office is split on Mudiay...sounds like our scouts are high on him and maybe Phil and a couple others aren't. I don't have a problem with Winslow if not for some redundancy especially if we're looking at the big sloth Moose in Monroe.

Kiyaman

Legend
Its still hard to swallow .. last year this time the only plan Phil Jackson could come up with as our new president were to tank the 2014-15 season for a top-3 lottery pick .. when 5 freshman will be the 2015 top-5 draft picks. Laugh or cry

1) If the Timberwolves dont draft Okafor low-post scoring, then their GM is dummer than our Knicks president, or Lakers paid them off.
2) The Lakers wanted Towns from day one to add with 6.9 Julius Randle in their frontcourt lineup.
3) Without a doubt Philly will draft "Winslow" star-talent to put with Noel in the front lineup.

Broadway

All Star
lol I wonder what the Top 5 Picks think of this pic?

1259832636704197991.png

At least have the ability to stone face it. He looks like he got a call that a relative passed away. Just goes to show this wasn't what Phil and the yes men were "PLANNING" for.

Wargames

Starter
Somehow I feel this is the League sh*tting on the knicks because that idot sonoabi+ch Dolan had to associate with Is​iah right before the f*cking draft....

Literally we're the only team that got f^cked in the draft..... Whats the odds% of that happening?

Last edited: