Official Trade Rumors Thread

Broadway

All Star
Go make an offer Phil you can still get the Moose you've coveted, ya boi Charlie Rosen dropped your blueprint

lol @ Greg Monroe

Broadway

All Star
Called it in a game thread a few games ago

Here's hoping Melo's circle wants to change circumference and revolve somewhere else

Here's hoping Melo's circle wants to change circumference and revolve somewhere else

Yeah, seeing this at least in a rumor context seems long overdue. People can say what they want, but Lebron said last year that he only has 2 friends in the league: Melo and Chris Paul. No surprise Melo could be a guy that Lebron pushes the Cavs to target.

In particular, a three-way trade involving Cleveland and Boston would be the best case scenario for us because Boston has the draft assets that a team like us should covet.

Also, interesting quote online today from Melo that seems kind of sarcastic about PJ where he is talking about how much PJ telling him to enjoy All-Star weekend is a 'one-way conversation' and PJ 'says a lot of things'. Sounds like Melo is starting to show public contempt for PJ.

I think for the first time in his tenure with the Knicks, I'm starting to think that the many fans who want us to trade Melo are going to get their wish. Melo on the block sounds like a real thing.

mafra

Legend

You just made my weekend Broadway! Oh, a boy can dream.... Still flying high bc if my Broncos...
Now I have a week to imagine what might be (until reality strikes when deadline arrives)...

Obviously, there won't be a Rambis/love reunion...

So... The 1 deal that makes the most sense involves Kyrie and Melo!!!

Irving and KP!!!

Anyway... It's clear to me Melo will only go to CLE, LAC, MIA (possibly WAS)... And if rumor surfaces 1 team is involved... The others might get in.

Now... Back to CLE... Lebron is star-HC-GM and he knows that team won't beat GSW... He's willing to sacrifice Irving for Melo bc he doesn't care about CLE in 2020...

Lebron and Melo could possibly via for a title...

It would be interesting to see if CLE makes this happen bc LJ wants Melo to help carry the scoring load, or if they want to prevent BOs from grabbing Horford and Korver... Preferring to give them Love (knowing firsthand Love isnt a winning player)...

I'm sure swapping Love for Melo wont be a dealbreaker for CLE...

BOS would do it bc they they want a star and wanted Love when he was a free agent... I'm sure they would surrender a few first rounders...

NYK would do it bc they would clear cap space and get draft picks...

The question remains: would Melo do this? Would he go to CLE and make a run and try to win a few titles before he retires? If he vetoes or wont sign off on a trade... Shows you all you need to know about him.

I think Phil does this... I think he was fine letting Melo walk before, but just couldnt let him go wihout getting something in return... We shall see... But if he pulls off this trade, that shows me his plan was to dump Melo if he wasnt able to lure free agents, and losing continued, b/c it was too valuable an asset to let walk for nada.

Ah... Please Lebron... Do your best recruiting on Melo this weekend!!!

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
http://m.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/isola-melo-veto-deal-send-cavs-article-1.2530306

Carmelo Anthony remains committed to the Knicks for now, even if it means passing on the opportunity to join his long-time friend LeBron James in Cleveland.

The Daily News has learned that the Boston Celtics and Cleveland Cavaliers have discussed a blockbuster trade centered around Kevin Love. There were very preliminary discussions with the Knicks about expanding the deal to include Anthony, who would have to waive his no trade clause in order to facilitate a deal to the Cavs.

The Knicks would receive draft picks and players in return. One of those players is believed to be Timofey Mozgov, who five years ago was traded by the Knicks to Denver in the Anthony deal.

Those talks have not progressed. Plus Anthony reiterated on Friday that he has no plans to seek a trade. However, when asked if he?s thought about his future with a losing organization, Anthony gave a cryptic answer.

?Not yet. I?m pretty sure I?ll have that conversation with myself and my family and my team,? he said. ?But it?s not a conversation for right now.?

The NBA trading deadline is Thursday and Knicks president Phil Jackson is exploring ways to upgrade the 23-32 Knicks and get them back in the playoff race. Trading Anthony would signal a complete rebuild centered around 20-year-old Kristaps Porzingis.

On Friday, Anthony bemoaned not having a proven star as a teammate and revealed that he?s had talks with fellow All-Stars about joining forces.

?I think everybody kind of dreams and hopes that they can play with another great player, another star player. It?s a star player?s league,? Anthony said. ?I think that?s what we talk about when we all get together ? ?I want to play with you, I want to play with you.? Even here different guys say, ?Come play with me, come play with me.? So that?s always the mindset. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it don?t. But I think everybody that?s in my situation, that?s in my position, they all want the load off especially the older they get. Because you realize you just can?t do it all by yourself. Everybody knows that.?

The Cavaliers are in first place in the Eastern Conference and the odds-on favorites to return to the NBA Finals for a second straight year. The Cavs and LeBron, however, are not convinced they have enough to beat the top teams in the West, in particular Golden State and San Antonio.

The Cavs are 1-3 against those clubs with the one win coming against San Antonio one week after Tyronn Lue replaced David Blatt as coach.

Anthony would give Cleveland a proven scorer to join LeBron and Kyrie Irving.

Playing alongside his long-time friend LeBron obviously appeals to Anthony and would give him a chance at that elusive NBA title. But Anthony is committed to the Knicks and would prefer to keep his family in New York. During free agency two summers ago, Anthony said one reason for not signing elsewhere is that his son was comfortable living and going to school in New York.

Anthony has also developed a close relationship with Garden chairman James Dolan, who traded for him in 2011 and signed him to a record $125 million contract in 2014.

But the time may come when Anthony and Dolan will realize that a trade is in the best interests of both parties.

Cleveland makes the most sense because they are a contending team and should be for as long as LeBron stays healthy.

Two other possibilities are the Clippers and Celtics. Anthony owns a home in Los Angles and is close friends with All-Star point guard Chris Paul.

As for Boston, the Knicks? long-time rivals have the assets that appeal to them. Celtics GM Danny Ainge has always been aggressive about adding a star and is intrigued by Anthony. For now, the Celtics are focused on Love, who signed an extension with the Cavs last summer.

Love took a tour of Boston a few weeks before being traded to the Cavs in 2014. The Celtics were considered the favorites to acquire Love until LeBron signed with Cleveland and pushed the club to trade top overall pick Andrew Wiggins to Minnesota for Love.

The Celtics own multiple first-round picks, including the Brooklyn Nets? pick this June. The Knicks traded their 2016 first round pick to Toronto in the Andrea Bargnani deal.

The Knicks will have enough salary cap space to sign a max player this summer. Kevin Durant is the No. 1 target but Durant could re-sign with Oklahoma City or join the Warriors.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Melo Melo Melo
Melo hasn't change since his last season with the Denver Nuggets ...
The more u think Melo is the right winning player for the Knicks, the more Melo lets u down
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/isola-melo-veto-deal-send-cavs-article-1.2530306

I'm looking at the picks Boston and Cleveland have available to trade :http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/detailed

If the trade do go down ...Here's what I'm asking for from Boston: Brooklyn's 2016 1st, Minnesota's protected 2016 1st (will end up being two 2nds). I will even take David Lee off of Boston hands so David Lee could become a Knicks again to tutor "Porzingis n Lopez" on how compliment each other as tandem bigs in the paint.

Giving up Melo should also help us get rid of Calderon contract too .. make the power move Phil

mafra

Legend
I'm thinking those picks plus Evan Turner and David Lee. Dump Calderon and give them Affalo. Look to deal Lopez to a winner for something else.

Go all in on Seraphim, Williams, Thomas, Turner, Grant along with KP and LG... Lots of youth there... Hope a few stick... And draft well!!!

Imagine we snag Simmons with KP...

mafra

Legend
Uh-oh...

According to Chris Broussard of ESPN, the Warriors are a legitimate threat to land Kevin Durant this summer.
"There are people in Golden State who think they're getting him," Broussard said. "There are people in management and I think some players too. Kevin Durant likes the way they play. He likes their style, he likes the fact they play unselfishly. He sees himself fitting into that group." This report first gained steam when Adrian Wojnarowski of the Vertical said that the Warriors were "significant frontrunners" to sign him in free agency, so it shouldn't be completely dismissed. The Thunder's success in the postseason could be a pivotal factor in KD's decision.
Source: Real GM Feb 13 - 10:28 AM

mafra

Legend
Carmelo Anthony reiterated on Saturday that he has no plans to exercise his no-trade clause and leave the New York Knicks.

While speaking in an interview for Sirius XM NBA Radio, Anthony said, "I'm not going anywhere."

With the NBA trade deadline five days away, Anthony has been linked to trade conversations with the Celtics and Cavaliers. On Friday, the New York Daily News reported Boston and Cleveland had discussions of a trade centered around Kevin Love, and that talks involving the Knicks were "very preliminary."

Anthony must waive his no-trade clause in order for the Knicks to trade him to another team, something that he has stated multiple times that he does not plan to do. The Knicks' star player has said that he is committed to staying in New York, and his goal is to play on a team that can contend for an NBA title. The Knicks have lost 10 of their last 11 games heading into the All-Star break, are currently nine games below .500, and seem unlikely to make the playoffs for the third straight season.

"I want to win a championship. At this point in my career, that's the only thing that I really care about," Anthony said. "But I'm not, I mean, there's nothing out there for me right now... I'm not even entertaining no trade talk right now."

Anthony has also said that he'd like to team up with another star player in New York. While the Knicks seem unlikely to land another star in a trade this season, they do have $19 million in salary cap space this summer to spend on help for Anthony.

mafra

Legend
Sounds like a trade could happen this summer... But not before then. If we miss playoffs, and whiff on free agency, only then would Melo permit a trade out of town.

Kiyaman

Legend
I'm thinking those picks plus Evan Turner and David Lee. Dump Calderon and give them Affalo. Look to deal Lopez to a winner for something else.

Go all in on Seraphim, Williams, Thomas, Turner, Grant along with KP and LG... Lots of youth there... Hope a few stick... And draft well!!!
Imagine we snag Simmons with KP...

Yes .. if Melo leave we must get rid of Afflalo asap too .. i dont want see Afflalo taking 15+ shots per game to end this season.
I would take Evan Turner n another pick from Boston if they took Afflalo off our hands.

tiger0330

Legend
Sounds like a trade could happen this summer... But not before then. If we miss playoffs, and whiff on free agency, only then would Melo permit a trade out of town.
Yeah definitely not happening Feb. 18. We're not getting blown out in games losing by 6 pts or less in most losses, we're close to winning some games. I hope Phil makes some kind of roster change if he can't pull off a trade, get some young, high energy DLeaguer who might be enough to turn some of those narrow losses into wins.

Kiyaman

Legend
Uh-oh...

According to Chris Broussard of ESPN, the Warriors are a legitimate threat to land Kevin Durant this summer.
"There are people in Golden State who think they're getting him," Broussard said. "There are people in management and I think some players too. Kevin Durant likes the way they play. He likes their style, he likes the fact they play unselfishly. He sees himself fitting into that group." This report first gained steam when Adrian Wojnarowski of the Vertical said that the Warriors were "significant frontrunners" to sign him in free agency, so it shouldn't be completely dismissed. The Thunder's success in the postseason could be a pivotal factor in KD's decision.
Source: Real GM Feb 13 - 10:28 AM

Durant skills would fit dynamically in GS long SSOL rotation of players .. whenever Durant n Curry 3 ball shot is off in the same-game GS will be gullible to next high scoring team .. another Durant n Westbrook team SMH !!!!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Yeah definitely not happening Feb. 18. We're not getting blown out in games losing by 6 pts or less in most losses, we're close to winning some games. I hope Phil makes some kind of roster change if he can't pull off a trade, get some young, high energy DLeaguer who might be enough to turn some of those narrow losses into wins.

I wouldn't talk so early about Melo not being traded b4 deadline to a winning-team, especially at age 31, getting his first opportunity to go to the FINALS !!!.

Melo has to be looking at our last 12 games we are 1-11 having a new losing head-coach Rambis at the helm.
Lets just watch the ALL-STAR game n see how much Lebron click with Melo to win for the East ???

Kiyaman

Legend

If Melo don't take us to the playoffs .. Our $124M Melo trade worth would be to low for us to accept a bunch of garbage we could do without ...Melo trade worth is high now! we need to go for it!

paris401

Starter
I don't think Me-Lo's value is quite so high... 31yrs old, crankly knee, doesn't really make players around him better... oh and 78m owed him for the next 3years... which could be only 51m if he opt'd out of his last year at 27m plus...ha...

if I was bron, would I rather have irving or Me-Lo...

mafra

Legend
The New York Knicks had an opportunity to trade for Toronto Raptors PG Kyle Lowry in 2013 that owner James Dolan turned down, according to USA Today's Jeff Zillgitt.

The trade would have brought Lowry to New York and sent Iman Shumpert, Metta World Peace and a first-round pick to Toronto.

"That deal was done," said Lowry, whose Raptors are in second place in the Eastern Conference.

Dolan, according to the report, turned down the trade because he thought Toronto GM Masai Ujiri, who was the Nuggets GM at the time of the Carmelo Anthony trade, was taking advantage of the Knicks.

The New York Knicks had an opportunity to trade for Toronto Raptors PG Kyle Lowry in 2013 that owner James Dolan turned down, according to USA Today's Jeff Zillgitt.

The trade would have brought Lowry to New York and sent Iman Shumpert, Metta World Peace and a first-round pick to Toronto.

"That deal was done," said Lowry, whose Raptors are in second place in the Eastern Conference.

Dolan, according to the report, turned down the trade because he thought Toronto GM Masai Ujiri, who was the Nuggets GM at the time of the Carmelo Anthony trade, was taking advantage of the Knicks.

Is this a new story? I thought this has been known for the last couple years. In my opinion, the Bargnani trade was the biggest thing that tanked this deal. If we hadn't already hemorrhaged out that 1st round pick for nothing, we would have done this deal.