Knicks Free Agency 2015

Broadway

All Star
Disgraceful and a Complete Utter Embarrassment.....

One thing about the New York Knicks is that they’re persistent.

After Maurice Ndour came to terms on a deal with the Dallas Mavericks, the Knicks continued to make a push for the power forward. The Knicks reached out to Ndour’s camp to see if they could come to an agreement, but Ndour refused to go back on his verbal agreement with Mark Cuban, a source told the New York Post.

Ndour grabbed plenty of teams’ attention during the NBA Summer League, averaging 9.6 points, 4.8 rebounds and 2.0 blocks per game. He signed with the Mavericks last week for more than the $600,000 rookie free-agent minimum, according to the report.

The Knicks offered Ndour less than $200,000 in hopes that the forward’s New York roots would persuade him to take less to stay home.

Broadway

All Star
What kills me is the salary they gave to PJ and DFish, an unproven exec and coach but they didn't want to match Dallas with a 600K offer for an unproven player.

No we wanted to match what we didn't want is to make him a real offer until after he got a real offer. NDour decided not to go the D'Andre Jordan route and honored the verbal agreement with Dallas. He was like "naaaahhh you're not getting a chance to counter, you came at me on some BS the first time around. Good for him he's operating with some integrity. I hope Dallas gives him a chance to play and hope when we play them he plays and eats Lance and Lou for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

How do you offer someone who had a SL performance like he did for your team and offer less than $200K. I mean what on earth

tiger0330

Legend
I thought he might make it but Phil pretty much owes Ant a legit shot.... if this is the case why Ledo was cut.
Berman wrote waiving Ledo opened the door for the Knicks to sign Ante. I doubt Ante is ready but he made sacrifices last season playing for peanuts in the D-league so the Knicks might be appreciative. He's a great defender and plays above the rim but his offensive game from his handle, jump shot and FT shooting need a ton of work.

Knixy

Benchwarmer
The Knicks have a one-year deal with free-agent guard Sasha Vujacic, according to a report by RealGM.
The mostly non-guaranteed deal represents an invitation to training camp, according to The Post?s Marc Berman.
Vujacic, 31, won two rings with the Lakers playing for current Knicks president Phil Jackson ? as a teammate of Knicks coach Derek Fisher. He was dealt to the Nets during the 2010-11 season.
The native of Slovenia, a first-round pick in 2004, is a career 37.1 percent shooter from 3-point range in the NBA. He has spent much of the past four seasons playing overseas.
Vujacic is perhaps best known for being engaged to tennis superstar Maria Sharapova.

http://nypost.com/2015/07/31/knicks-to-add-former-lakers-champ-sasha-vujacic/

The Machine!!

<font color="#2E2E2F"><span style="font-family: pt-serif"><font color="#222222"><span style="font-family: Verdana">

tiger0330

Legend

The Machine!!

<font color="#2E2E2F"><span style="font-family: pt-serif"><font color="#222222"><span style="font-family: Verdana">
At this point I guess Machine is the best they could do in coming up with a 3 pt shooter. Berman say's the deal amounts to a training camp invite and if he gets cut we don't owe him anything. We need shooters so if Sasha has anything left he should make the squad.

Broadway

All Star
At this point I guess Machine is the best they could do in coming up with a 3 pt shooter. Berman say's the deal amounts to a training camp invite and if he gets cut we don't owe him anything. We need shooters so if Sasha has anything left he should make the squad.

This is sad, and another nepotistic type signing. Hope he gets cut just like Mbenga got cut last yr.

tiger0330

Legend
This is sad, and another nepotistic type signing. Hope he gets cut just like Mbenga got cut last yr.
Even if he makes the team which I think he might because we have no depth at SG, it's not moving the needle much. We're still only winning 35 games tops with this squad.

Broadway

All Star
Even if he makes the team which I think he might because we have no depth at SG, it's not moving the needle much. We're still only winning 35 games tops with this squad.

What you just said incorporates 75% of why I said it's sad. This was Anna Kournikova's former squeeze, he's washed up pretty much. It's like if the Nets signed Rudy Fernandez would anyone care. This signing is trash and a favor from Phil tied to coaching player triangle relationship to get him back into the league.

He may make it, but I hope he sucks so bad he gets cut.

tiger0330

Legend
Sad thing about Vujacic is he probably is good enough to be the Knicks 6th man but he is probably 3rd string or DNP for any other NBA team. PJ and Mills have put together a strange group of players and contracts.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I don't know why you guys are surprised; it's the Knicks continued participation in the NBA Europe affirmative action program that's keeps us at the bottom:( I'm sure Sasha has a high basketball IQ, plays the game the right way, and gets his teammates involved and makes them better buy handing out his trademark, sissy headbands lol:)

tiger0330

Legend
Looks like Philly gets to decide whether they waive Wallace. Warriors will not stretch Wallace now. This trade actually makes sense getting a guy that can take DLees minutes for backup money instead of star money they were paying Lee.

The Knicks on the other hand overpaying for Lopez, gambling that a guy that hasn't done anything for 4 years in the league will do something, signing guys to short contacts that aren't long enough for team building makes you wonder if there is a plan.

: #Warriors acquire F Jason Thompson (@jtthekid) from @Sixers in exchange for Gerald Wallace, cash & draft considerations.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
I want to know the draft considerations Sixers get. Hinkie and Ainge must be having a pissing contest for NBA Draft Hoarders. Hinkie is showing you what to do when your team isn't a desired destination for free agency, you turn cap space into draft assets, not bad contracts being handed out.

Knixy

Benchwarmer
Phil was looking for a cheap veteran shooter so I don't get how you can be mad at this move. Vujacic knows the system and can still shoot it.

Phil still wants a veteran backup C. What's up with Andrew Bynum? Is he officially retired?

tiger0330

Legend
Phil was looking for a cheap veteran shooter so I don't get how you can be mad at this move. Vujacic knows the system and can still shoot it.

Phil still wants a veteran backup C. What's up with Andrew Bynum? Is he officially retired?
I think Bynum is done, probably couldn't pass a physical now. Sasha also signed for more than the vet's min eating into the room exception of 2.8M. They have about 1.45 of the exception left and vet min contracts, makes it tougher to get a big man.

You guys get so worked up about these trivial moves like signing Vujacic. This season is about developing Porzingis and Grant. Literally almost every scenario turns out great if these two guys prove themselves to be the future of this team and literally almost every scenario turns out miserable if both these guys are busts.

Complain all you want about overpaying for Lopez. He is a guy who I like everything about except his price tag, which is a refreshing change with this team.

O'Quinn was a good signing. He is going to bust heads next to Porzingis in the 2nd unit, if we decide to go that route.

Affalo is a decent low risk, high reward signing. I wouldn't get too excited about him, but he literally was the 'best' we were going to do in this free agency period given our miserable last season.

Complain all you want about the Derrick Williams signing...because, y'know, it's a probably a bad signing. Oh well.

This season is also about Melo. Can we commit to the rebuild and trade him to improve the future or do we continue to hold onto this idea that we can somehow build a 'championship' team around him?

At least this season should be more interesting than the last one. Not about to get all upset about Vujacic and a couple partially guaranteed undrafted players.

I want to know the draft considerations Sixers get. Hinkie and Ainge must be having a pissing contest for NBA Draft Hoarders. Hinkie is showing you what to do when your team isn't a desired destination for free agency, you turn cap space into draft assets, not bad contracts being handed out.

Stop praising Sam Hinkie. He took a franchise that had made the playoffs 4 out of 5 seasons and gave it back to back below 20 win seasons. He gets a million picks and does nothing with them but gets more picks. He is literally the only GM that I could guarantee would make a bigger mess out of our franchise than our actual front offices have done.