kENYON SHUT UP AND TAKE CARMELO WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tkf

Benchwarmer
Can you believe this clown. Kenyon martin has been a bust of a #1 overall pick, He was never really that good of a player unless he was being force fed by jason kid. an average energetic player at best when healthy, and a good defender.. with that said, this guy runs his mouth more than anyone I know.

Any player feeling sorry for carmelo needs to just shut up. Carmelo signed that ridiculous deal to stay here, he had a chance to sign with a better team, but this fool chased the money, as he always has, no matter what effect it had on his career or that of the franchise that is overpaying him.

http://nypost.com/2015/07/16/kenyon-martin-carmelo-deserves-better-than-a-rebuilding-knicks/

?I feel bad for him,? Martin said in an ESPN report. ?He cares and wants to win and to be put in a situation like that with that kind of talent, he don?t deserve to be a part of a rebuilding process by any stretch of the imagination.?

really? really kenyon??? HE put himself in this situation!!!! why don't you shut up and take carmelo with you. Honestly I wouldn't mind if the knicks still paid carmelo, just take him away and let the young guys try to move this franchise forward in a positive way!

Damn I dislike this dude so much and I am furious as Phil for bringing him back!!

Broadway

All Star
Recent piece from "The New York Times" by Harvey Aaraton. Mods can merge this into the "All Things Carmelo" thread

By admittedly not consulting or even speaking withCarmelo Anthony during a rash of recent free-agent signings for the Knicks, what, exactly, was Phil Jackson trying to tell him?

Perhaps nothing, but given Jackson’s historically — shall we say — eccentric communications skills, more likely something.
Let’s make an educated guess:

With all due respect, Carmelo, it’s not all about you anymore. That was last summer, when you had the leverage, the freedom to handpick a competitive environment more to your liking. But you chose the extra money and the New York stage on which to build your personal brand. You signed on for a team rebuild, which came with no discernible or guaranteed timetable.

If you thought I was promising Marc Gasol, LaMarcus Aldridge or even Greg Monroe, you were mistaken, or deluded. If that wasn’t clear when you re-signed, it should have been by February, when the season turned into a Zen catastrophe and I told The New York Times that “my experiment has fallen flat on its face.”

As team president, I am responsible but, face it, you weren’t quite an early most valuable player candidate, and then you were hurt and obsessed with the All-Star Game and now you’re the 31-year-old, surgically repaired leader of a 17-win team.

Not that I’m counting, but you also have been beyond the first round of the playoffs twice in 12 years. Your peers have noticed.

It’s like I told the beat guys out here in Vegas the other night: “There’s some long shots out there that we took. But the reality was we wanted what we got.

Notice the well-parsed phrasing, how I didn’t say we got what we wanted when referring to Robin Lopez, your buddy Arron Afflalo and a few guys I’d actually never heard of until we resorted to Plan C, or D.

Nor were you thrilled, I understand, with the draft, wishing that we had traded down for another veteran player and had the last laugh — like Pat Riley in Miami — when an authentic American graduate of March Madness like Justise Winslow slipped all the way to No. 10.

Have you been watching summer league on television? Winslow is not going to soon be Jimmy Butler. D’Angelo Russell can’t dribble three feet without throwing the ball to a stranger. (LOL, Kobe.) These kids all look like the teenage novices they are.

Meanwhile, our guy, Porzingis, made Jahlil Okafor eat his shot three times. Kristaps is taller than Manhattan and tougher than you probably thought, and we still have every reason to believe that in three to five years he will be the best player from this year’s draft.

If that is too late for your plan of winning aKnicks championship in your prime, my suggestion is that you embrace the reality that you not only signed up for, but helped to create.

That’s right, this franchise stripped itself of assets to acquire you back in 2011, when you made it clear to Mr. Dolan that you were going to get paid before the coming lockout and would do so in New Jersey and Brooklyn if need be. Poor Donnie Walsh was ordered to surrender everything to Denver except Walt Frazier’s wardrobe.
Advertisement

You could have waited to sign as a free agent for the sake of the franchise’s well-being — and yours, by extension. We all want to earn, but you did set the consequences in motion and, again, had a chance to escape them last summer. You didn’t. You stayed. Now deal with your decision, grow as a player and as a leader.

That’s the best way to begin recalibrating your enigmatic standing, the most positive advance you can make toward the rest of a career still rich in opportunity. Stop making it all about championship odds that would not be favorable unless you joined a small handful of teams, almost all of whom do not need or want you.

Remember Scottie Pippen? His reputation grew exponentially in 1993-94, when Michael went on hiatus from the Bulls and Scottie led us to 55 wins and a near-upset of the Patrick Ewing Knicks in the second round. For the record, that was also a supreme triumph of the triangle.

The beat guys have been pushing me for a 2015-16 prognostication, but, no thanks, I already made the mistake of flatly forecasting the playoffs last season. I only said that an improvement of 30 wins would be daunting. But imagine, Carmelo, if you set an example, lifted all those around you, carried our improved, though hardly formidable, cast to the seventh or eighth playoff spot in a conference that remains fluid at the lower end.

Think of how much more desirable we could be to next summer’s free agents, or you would be to other teams if we mutually decided the best thing was a trade.

In the meantime, I will continue to eschew the kind of tough talk demonstrated in Indianapolis by Larry Bird, when he was asked about Paul George’s reluctance to play power forward.

“He don’t make the decisions around here,” Bird said.

Such a hayseed, that Larry. Let’s join hands, work together. Call your new teammates. Take our young Latvian friend Kristaps under your wing and out to dinner. Make sure he orders dessert.

Flip the popular news media spin of how the Knicks have failed you by not delivering a companion star. As a student of history, let me paraphrase John F. Kennedy: ask not what your franchise can do for you; ask what you can do for your franchise.

tiger0330

Legend
KMart is an idiot. Melo knew what he was doing, he took the money and the glamor of NYC over winning. They were in rebuild mode before he signed his deal so WTF is KMart talking about like the rebuild was forced on him.

Broadway

All Star
KMart is an idiot. Melo knew what he was doing, he took the money and the glamor of NYC over winning. They were in rebuild mode before he signed his deal so WTF is KMart talking about like the rebuild was forced on him.

Aaraton gave his version of Phil's possible introspective on this very subject matter.

mafra

Legend
Either Carmelo's BBALL IQ is so low or his sense/confidence in his own self so inflated... If winning was paramount: (1) He could/should have signed with NYK as free agent (he was going to get paid regardless). (2) He should've signed with CHI as a free agent.

In both instances, CA put $ ahead of everything... The reality of it is: He sacrificed winning for what? The difference between earning a 1/4 bil or only 200 million?

Nobody should feel sorry for 'Melo Yellow. He got his gold

Tkf

Benchwarmer

what also bothers me is that kenyon martin has been vocal in defense of carmelo, even in denver.. funny thing kenyon stole a ton of money from denver, yet felt slighted by them.. go figure... despite being washed up, the knicks still gave kenyon a chance to play, and this dude still runs his mouth...

tiger0330

Legend
what also bothers me is that kenyon martin has been vocal in defense of carmelo, even in denver.. funny thing kenyon stole a ton of money from denver, yet felt slighted by them.. go figure... despite being washed up, the knicks still gave kenyon a chance to play, and this dude still runs his mouth...
KMart talking about the Knicks and Melo like he played with the Knicks for 10 years and we were going to retire his jersey. I don't see former all-stars/Knicks like BDiddy and Bibby running their mouths like this chump is doing.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Martin is a tool and Carmelo is an idiot. Carmelo doesn't care about winning, and Martin has been a loser his whole career. Nobody should care about what these two guys have to say.

Tkf

Benchwarmer
Martin is a tool and Carmelo is an idiot. Carmelo doesn't care about winning, and Martin has been a loser his whole career. Nobody should care about what these two guys have to say.

exactly. I wish carmelo goes away, go hang with K-mart, and just end this carmelo era which has been a joke.. time to start handing the future to these new guys... win or lose!! but we have to see what these are have....

jwhyte30

Rookie
Tkf

What are your thoughts on the Knicks draft picks?

I actually think Carmelo will request a trade around the trade deadline

Sent from my PantechP9060 using Tapatalk 2

Tkf

Benchwarmer
Tkf

What are your thoughts on the Knicks draft picks?

I actually think Carmelo will request a trade around the trade deadline

Sent from my PantechP9060 using Tapatalk 2

I am somewhat OK with porzingis, hate that he is so much of a project, but the knicks had to swing for the fences I guess... Grant is solid, and I like him.

It would be great if carmelo ask for a trade deadline.... problem is we gave lopez and aflalo deals, they are not guys you sign to rebuild...

Kiyaman

Legend

Kenyon Martin are looking to become a NBA sports analyst however, first Kenyon has to farewell with the teammate he spoke ugly about the most in the NBA for being lazy on defense, which happen to be Dolan's $124M franchise player carmelo anthony.
All the kind words Kenyon Martin are expressing for $124M franchise Melo are to get a contract with ESPN or NBAtv.
If Kenyon dont get the job, he will get a job on Kidd's coaching staff on the Bucks next season.

Kenyon Martin's high IQ and strong team leadership made him the first-pick in the draft, and the best PF Jason Kidd had in the NBA as a teammate. Did Kenyon Martin deserve a MAX contract? Hell Yeah! for 3 straight years Kidd & Martin Nets team intimidated every elite team in the NBA.
Did Kenyon Martin deserve to be sign n traded to the Denver Nuggets coach Karl n franchise Melo team? Hell No!
Kenyon Martin and Allen Iverson were "HOODWINK" being traded to a career losing-playoff coach George Karl and a ball-hogger stat scorer carmelo anthony.

Kenyon Martin only joined the Knicks to become teammates with Jason Kidd again.
In 2012-13 season the Knicks record were 38-24 when Melo & Tyson Chandler went out with injury, making Kenyon Martin a Knicks starter to take the Knicks on a 16-4 run to have a 54 win season.

Kiyaman

Legend
I am somewhat OK with porzingis, hate that he is so much of a project, but the knicks had to swing for the fences I guess... Grant is solid, and I like him.

It would be great if carmelo ask for a trade deadline.... problem is we gave lopez and aflalo deals, they are not guys you sign to rebuild...

The Porzingis pick was the same as signing a SF to play PF the next 5 years for $124M .. Stupid/Foolish move.
The Grant pick @19 was a big suprise to all Knicks fans!
The PG-Grant pick wouldve been great decision-making selection if the Knicks wouldve selected SG-Justice Winslow with the 4th pick to build a young future backcourt.
Signing Aflalo, not trading Calderon .. makes 2nd season Langston Galloway the best decision-making guard the Knicks has on the roster receiving under $1M per.
Putting on Galloway sneakers would u go all out risking injuries in the SL games and 30 minute regular season games for the Knicks franchise???

Tkf

Benchwarmer
Kenyon Martin are looking to become a NBA sports analyst however, first Kenyon has to farewell with the teammate he spoke ugly about the most in the NBA for being lazy on defense, which happen to be Dolan's $124M franchise player carmelo anthony.
All the kind words Kenyon Martin are expressing for $124M franchise Melo are to get a contract with ESPN or NBAtv.
If Kenyon dont get the job, he will get a job on Kidd's coaching staff on the Bucks next season.

Kenyon Martin's high IQ and strong team leadership made him the first-pick in the draft, and the best PF Jason Kidd had in the NBA as a teammate. Did Kenyon Martin deserve a MAX contract? Hell Yeah! for 3 straight years Kidd & Martin Nets team intimidated every elite team in the NBA.
Did Kenyon Martin deserve to be sign n traded to the Denver Nuggets coach Karl n franchise Melo team? Hell No!
Kenyon Martin and Allen Iverson were "HOODWINK" being traded to a career losing-playoff coach George Karl and a ball-hogger stat scorer carmelo anthony.

Kenyon Martin only joined the Knicks to become teammates with Jason Kidd again.
In 2012-13 season the Knicks record were 38-24 when Melo & Tyson Chandler went out with injury, making Kenyon Martin a Knicks starter to take the Knicks on a 16-4 run to have a 54 win season.

KIND OF rough on George Karl there, I mean if you are going to be rough on carmelo, then maybe you should re-examine your thoughts on Karl, because Karl is a good coach, but if he had to rely on carmelo to advance him in the playoffs, then maybe that is why his playoff record isn't good.. it is tied to carmelo.. remember Karl took the sonics to the finals, and lost to Jordan.. but who hasn't lost to jordan in the finals?

As far as Kenyon, not sure how high of a IQ he has, he did play well with kid and the nets, but heck Kid made Mikki moore look like an allstar for a year.

If kenyon is angling for a TV analyst job, I say good luck, not sure anyone wants to hear what he has to say. maybe he will have a shot to join kidd in milwaukee tho as you stated.

And good point about keyon joining the knicks because of KIDD, I didn't think of that angle.

Tkf

Benchwarmer
The Porzingis pick was the same as signing a SF to play PF the next 5 years for $124M .. Stupid/Foolish move.
The Grant pick @19 was a big suprise to all Knicks fans!
The PG-Grant pick wouldve been great decision-making selection if the Knicks wouldve selected SG-Justice Winslow with the 4th pick to build a young future backcourt.
Signing Aflalo, not trading Calderon .. makes 2nd season Langston Galloway the best decision-making guard the Knicks has on the roster receiving under $1M per.
Putting on Galloway sneakers would u go all out risking injuries in the SL games and 30 minute regular season games for the Knicks franchise???

interesting thoughts.. I am not so sure about winslow, but I do understand your direction of trying to put together a young solid back court... going with kaminsky would not have been bad as well..

JaboloPR

Rookie
I never got over the Tim Thomas, K-Mart/Kidd Feud. "Fugazy" (I did enjoy having them as old heads on the team, though)

Kiyaman

Legend
KIND OF rough on George Karl there, I mean if you are going to be rough on carmelo, then maybe you should re-examine your thoughts on Karl, because Karl is a good coach, but if he had to rely on carmelo to advance him in the playoffs, then maybe that is why his playoff record isn't good.. it is tied to carmelo.. remember Karl took the sonics to the finals, and lost to Jordan.. but who hasn't lost to jordan in the finals?

As far as Kenyon, not sure how high of a IQ he has, he did play well with kid and the nets, but heck Kid made Mikki moore look like an allstar for a year.

If kenyon is angling for a TV analyst job, I say good luck, not sure anyone wants to hear what he has to say. maybe he will have a shot to join kidd in milwaukee tho as you stated.

And good point about keyon joining the knicks because of KIDD, I didn't think of that angle.

George Karl has been a decent winning regular season coach in Seattle, Milaukie, and Denver.
George Karl does not have the dynamics of being a strategic series playoff coach. Im sure his career playoff record should be around .400 for making the first round.
Gary Payton and Xavier McDaniel took George Karl Sonics to the Finals, then had George Karl fired.
Ray Allen & Sam Cassel took George Karl Bucks to the playoffs each season.
Camby, K.Mart, Melo, and Iverson took George Karl Nuggets to the playoffs each season.
Chauncey Billups took George Karl Nuggets to the western conference playoffs
The feud between Karl vs Cousin probably has a lot to do with Karl career playoff record.

Kiyaman

Legend
interesting thoughts.. I am not so sure about winslow, but I do understand your direction of trying to put together a young solid back court... going with kaminsky would not have been bad as well..

u right .. if the Knicks were going to draft a bigman i wouldve took Kaminsky over WCS, Myles Turner, or Zingis
The only reason i could come up with the Knicks selecting Zingis were Dolan trying to pull the russian-fans from the Brooklyn Nets Barkley center to buy season tickets to the Knicks MSG to watch the early growth of russian Zingis.

Im moving to Charlotte NC in a few months so I will be going to see the early growth of Kaminsky NBA career.
Yes, I will be in KO forum comparing Zingis vs Kaminsky the next 4 years.