2015-2016 ESPN computer rankings are out

tiger0330

Legend
The ESPN computer rankings are out and as I said it wasn't going to be predicting a playoff spot for the boys. Last year the computers predicted a 38-44 record but a playoff spot in a weak EC. This year 25-57, next to last in the EC beating only the lowly Sixers in the standings. No 1st round pick this year makes the ESPN prediction especially painful.

Cavs, Bulls and Hawks are the top 3 teams with Miami a much improved 4th in the rankings.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13431310/2015-summer-forecast-east-standings

Broadway

All Star
The ESPN computer rankings are out and as I said it wasn't going to be predicting a playoff spot for the boys. Last year the computers predicted a 38-44 record but a playoff spot in a weak EC. This year 25-57, next to last in the EC beating only the lowly Sixers in the standings. No 1st round pick this year makes the ESPN prediction especially painful.

Cavs, Bulls and Hawks are the top 3 teams with Miami a much improved 4th in the rankings.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13431310/2015-summer-forecast-east-standings

I said we wouldn't win 30gms. I wish ESPN would just stop farting around and hire me

tiger0330

Legend
I said we wouldn't win 30gms. I wish ESPN would just stop farting around and hire me
They have a twitter hash tag u can send a comment to. Some guy tweeted a healthy Melo, Affalo and Lopez makes you better than 14th in the east. The reality is 17 win teams win less than 30 games the following year nearly 70% of the time so a prediction of 25 wins should surprise no one.

Kiyaman

Legend
Its hard for ESPN to make any prediction on who will be the EC 8th seed, 7th seed, or 6th seeded team before the 2015-16 regular season begin. The EC offseason depth chart shows 5 playoff teams in the ...Cavs, Bulls, Bucks, Hawks, Heat, and probably the Wizards making the postseason games with each team having minor injuries in the regular season.
Teams like the Nets, Celtricks, Pacers, Raptors, and yes the Knicks too are just a trade or 2 away from making the 7th or 8th seed in the Eastern Conference.

Im putting all my start of the season bucks on the long-odds of Timberwolves making the 8th seed in the big bad Western Conference. The Wolves has the best coaching-staff in the NBA by addin a "Player-Coachin-Staff" in 39 yr old KG n Andre Miller, plus 35 yr old Prince to tutor a system into a young athletic rostor. Those 3 "Old-Head" veterans cover all 5 positions on the court.

I don't think we will be very good this season, but I still think 25 wins is a little low. I wonder if that projection includes a prediction that Melo will miss a lot of games again this season or that we will trade him mid-season.

Broadway

All Star
Its hard for ESPN to make any prediction on who will be the EC 8th seed, 7th seed, or 6th seeded team before the 2015-16 regular season begin. The EC offseason depth chart shows 5 playoff teams in the ...Cavs, Bulls, Bucks, Hawks, Heat, and probably the Wizards making the postseason games with each team having minor injuries in the regular season.
Teams like the Nets, Celtricks, Pacers, Raptors, and yes the Knicks too are just a trade or 2 away from making the 7th or 8th seed in the Eastern Conference.

Im putting all my start of the season bucks on the long-odds of Timberwolves making the 8th seed in the big bad Western Conference. The Wolves has the best coaching-staff in the NBA by addin a "Player-Coachin-Staff" in 39 yr old KG n Andre Miller, plus 35 yr old Prince to tutor a system into a young athletic rostor. Those 3 "Old-Head" veterans cover all 5 positions on the court.

Actually ESPN coupled with the SCHOENE model has been doing it for several yrs now, their secondary piece only a few yrs. And since they have they've been fairly accurate when it comes to our Knicks and pretty close with projections overall. So no it's not difficult for them at all. It's been difficult of our team meeting the lofty goals they've placed on us.

Knixy

Benchwarmer
25 only happens if Melo misses a lot of time, Porzingis is a total bust and Lopez and Afflalo don't play well.

I don't see it.

tiger0330

Legend
25 only happens if Melo misses a lot of time, Porzingis is a total bust and Lopez and Afflalo don't play well.

I don't see it.
PJ talks too much. Now he's quoted in the Phil Files that his biggest fear is Zinger is the next Shawn Bradley, if he felt that way he should have never drafted the kid no matter how much Clarence Gaines liked him.

Knixy

Benchwarmer
PJ talks too much. Now he's quoted in the Phil Files that his biggest fear is Zinger is the next Shawn Bradley, if he felt that way he should have never drafted the kid no matter how much Clarence Gaines liked him.

Yeah I read that but Shawn Bradley was a total stiff. Porzingis is much more athletic and quicker.

tiger0330

Legend
Yeah I read that but Shawn Bradley was a total stiff. Porzingis is much more athletic and quicker.
Plus Zinger's body frame is different. Bradley you had the sense from day one that he was going to be a bean pole his entire career. Zinger has broader shoulders and a bigger frame than Bradley that will fill out in his 20's.

Still I wish Phil would just zip it, if the Zinger does turn out to be a bust his comments are just going to come back to haunt him.

Shawn Bradley was several inches taller and came into the league at the same weight that Porzingis is now. If Porzingis can continue to add muscle, he will have a better shot at holding his own down low than Bradley did. That said, Bradley still blocked a lot of shots and played generally good defense despite his skinny frame.

tiger0330

Legend
Shawn Bradley was several inches taller and came into the league at the same weight that Porzingis is now. If Porzingis can continue to add muscle, he will have a better shot at holding his own down low than Bradley did. That said, Bradley still blocked a lot of shots and played generally good defense despite his skinny frame.
I was just reading about him, he played 12 seasons, didn't think his career was that long so he wasn't a total bust. Funny how we remember players but this is the play I remember Bradley for, TMac posterizing Bradley in a playoff game.

Yeah, I'm not sure why Shawn Bradley is remembered as such a bust. He went 2nd overall, but that 1993 draft was one of the weakest drafts of all time with only a few guys like Webber and Penny Hardaway ever being stars for any period of time. Bradley was probably one of the NBA's best shot blockers ever and he averaged double digit points for a bunch of years, but somehow never managed to average more than 8 boards a game, possibly because of how he could get pushed around in the low block.

...okay, that's probably enough about Shawn Bradley, at least from me.

Tkf

Benchwarmer

I don't see it.

nah if all of what you said were reversed if carmelo played every game, and lopez,along with alflalo play their usual average games, and porzingis surprises, the knicks are still not a 30 win team most likely.

ESPN along with some of us posters, the few of us that is, have been spot on with the knicks over the past few years.

The fact that Denver owns the knicks pick is even more disgusting. The carmelo trade, that ugly trade, is the gift that keeps giving to Denver..

Kiyaman

Legend
Actually ESPN coupled with the SCHOENE model has been doing it for several yrs now, their secondary piece only a few yrs. And since they have they've been fairly accurate when it comes to our Knicks and pretty close with projections overall. So no it's not difficult for them at all. It's been difficult of our team meeting the lofty goals they've placed on us.

When it comes to the Eastern Conference prediction before the season by the ESPN crew they only been consistent about the top 2 or top 3 teams in the East for the past decade.
When it come to the Knicks organization and Dolan's foolish decision-making the past 15 years, any foolish person could predict another losing season for the Knicks.

P.S. .. A dozen losing Knicks season has not stopped the Knicks from selling 19 thousand seats per game throughout 15 years ... Dolans happy!

tiger0330

Legend
WC forecast is out. Kiya, you can make some serious money betting on the young TWolves to make the playoffs, ESPN picks them dead last with a 24-58 record. They had a lot of injuries last year and I thought healthy they were better than last in the NBA, you would think they're better with the likes of Towns, a more seasoned Wiggins and Lavine, Adrian Payne is just as good an addition as O'Quinn was for us so I'm going to disagree and say the TWolves win 30-37 games. West is tough so I can't see a playoff berth though.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13431835/2015-summer-forecast-west-standings

Broadway

All Star
WC forecast is out. Kiya, you can make some serious money betting on the young TWolves to make the playoffs, ESPN picks them dead last with a 24-58 record. They had a lot of injuries last year and I thought healthy they were better than last in the NBA, you would think they're better with the likes of Towns, a more seasoned Wiggins and Lavine, Adrian Payne is just as good an addition as O'Quinn was for us so I'm going to disagree and say the TWolves win 30-37 games. West is tough so I can't see a playoff berth though.

Agreed the two up and coming teams I think are pegged too low from each conference

Orlando - Will Surprise(have a legitimate shot to make playoffs)

Wolves - Will Surprise(have a legitimate shot to make playoffs)

The Nuggets have a shot but they need everything to fall just right. The West is simply brutal as it gets.

Last edited:

Tkf

Benchwarmer

I think Denver wins more than 30 games and I think the wolves will surprise some folks

Tkf

Benchwarmer
Agreed thw two up and coming teams I think are pegged too low from each conference

Orlando - Will Surprise(have legitimate shot to make playoffs)

Wolves - Will Surprise(have a legitimate shot to make playoffs)

The Nuggets have a shot but they need everything to fall just right. The West is simply brutal as it gets.

I think the nuggets and wolves will win more games than most think.... I think Dallas could be one of those teams that fall out of the playoffs...