2015 Knicks Pre-season preview

Kiyaman

Legend
The Ex-Knicks championship center Willis Reed: Knicks had chemistry issues last year

WEST POINT, N.Y. -- New York Knicks great Willis Reed has spent the past few days sitting beside Phil Jackson, observing the team?s training camp practices. He likes what he?s seen thus far.

The Knicks added FA players Robin Lopez, Kyle O?Quinn, Derrick Williams, Arron Afflalo, Kevin Seraphin and Sasha Vujacic.
The Knicks also added rookies Kristaps Porzingis and Jerian Grant in the draft.
?These guys seem to like playing together. They seem like they?re a good group of people together,? Reed said.
Reed predicts that Porzingis, the 7-3 rookie who missed the morning practice Friday due to knee soreness, will end up in the starting five.
?He?s got to get stronger, learn the game, but he?s got very good skills,? Reed said. ?Now it?s a matter of him learning how to play our game. I think he can do something that most guys his size don?t do well and that?s shoot the ball.?

Fisher sees Vujacic as a leader: Fisher hopes that Vujacic, his ex-teammate with the Los Angeles Lakers, can serve in a leadership role for the Knicks. New York inked Vujacic to a one-year guaranteed contract over the summer.
?He?s much more of a leader since we played together. Those are things that we?re looking for from him,? Fisher said. ?I think he?s helped a lot of our guys to feel more comfortable with what we?re trying to do offensively because Sasha recognizes where the shots are, where the plays are that can be made. He?s kind of a guy you can copy offensively in terms of when you?re open you should be shooting the ball, you don?t have to second-guess yourself, just go out and play with some confidence. That?s who he is.?

tiger0330

Legend
Kristaps-Porzingis-4.jpg

The game should be easy for Zinger.

Kiyaman

Legend
In what way ??? height ???
being so tall needs a lot of athleticism in the body to compete in NBA for several years

tiger0330

Legend
In what way ??? height ???
being so tall needs a lot of athleticism in the body to compete in NBA for several years
That's why he was drafted 4 and some thought he was the best player in the draft, height, athleticism and shooting. That Indian C the Kings have could probably reach and touch the basket to the rim but he's a slug that can't move his feet unlike Zinger.

I am worried about his injuries, the NBA schedule is rough and he's had a couple of minor injuries just working out. That's another reason he probably won't start this year, to build up his conditioning and acclimate him to that tough NBA schedule.

Kiyaman

Legend
That's why he was drafted 4 and some thought he was the best player in the draft, height, athleticism and shooting. That Indian C the Kings have could probably reach and touch the basket to the rim but he's a slug that can't move his feet unlike Zinger.

I am worried about his injuries, the NBA schedule is rough and he's had a couple of minor injuries just working out. That's another reason he probably won't start this year, to build up his conditioning and acclimate him to that tough NBA schedule.

When it come down to the big men in the draft .. Zingis should not have been drafted before NCAA Finalist F/C Frank Kaminsky
In today preseason game of Hornets 99 vs Heat 77, Frank Kaminsky put up a double-double plus passing skills got him 3 dimes.
NBA fans knew what Frank Kaminsky was bringing to the table on draft night, but NO one knows what Zingis brings to the table at the start of the regular season games.
The judges decision on Phil Jackson selection of Zingis are still up in the air ???
The judges decision on Phil Jackson FA selection in offseason has already been set as 24 win season, less than a C- minus grade.

When it come down to the big men in the draft .. Zingis should not have been drafted before NCAA Finalist F/C Frank Kaminsky
In today preseason game of Hornets 99 vs Heat 77, Frank Kaminsky put up a double-double plus passing skills got him 3 dimes.
NBA fans knew what Frank Kaminsky was bringing to the table on draft night, but NO one knows what Zingis brings to the table at the start of the regular season games.
The judges decision on Phil Jackson selection of Zingis are still up in the air ???
The judges decision on Phil Jackson FA selection in offseason has already been set as 24 win season, less than a C- minus grade.

you do realize that we don't know anything about anything at this point

its easily to speculate, but in reality we haven't gotten a clue about what this guy or any draft pick will be able to do until half way through this season when he's in the flow of things.

michael olawakandi ?

could be karl anthony towns ?

could be fredric weiss

could be marc gasol ( Remember that lop sided trade for pau years ago lol )

we don't have a clue

lets just get excited for a fresh season with a fresh roster and a fresh start

this whole idea of we should have drafted some one over zinger because of decent numbers in a pre season game

how many years do we have to watch basketball before we become smart enough to hold pre season for nothing more than scrimmages with no effort on defense by any one

kiya

still up to his whole antics i see.

always speaking as a matter of fact as if he knows the future

Kiyaman

Legend
I been catching a few of the NBA preseason games ... to watch several FA that should've became Knicks in offseason.
I still say, on July 1st., Phil Jackson should've invited both DeAndre Jordan and Lamarcus Aldridge at the same time to see the night scenery in New York .. then sign FA players Lou Williams, Wilson Chandler, Tyler Hansbrough, and Lopez.
Lou Williams would've been a perfect fit at guard for coach Fisher triangle-offense.

CHA 106, ORL 100 .... Jeremy Lin 17 Pts ..... Andrew Nicholson 23 Pts
NO 110, IND 105 ...... Anthony Davis 18 Pts ... Paul George 18 Pts
UTAH 90, LAL 71 ...... Derrick Favors 16 Pts .... Louis Williams 14 Pts
TOR 93, LAC 73 ...... Kyle Lowry 26 Pts ..... J.J. Redick 15 Pts
CHA 90, MIA 77 ...... Brian Roberts 21 Pts .... Chris Bosh 14 Pts

Both Mudiay n D'Angelo Russell looked good at the point in their first preseason game

Kiyaman

Legend
you do realize that we don't know anything about anything at this point
its easily to speculate, but in reality we haven't gotten a clue about what this guy or any draft pick will be able to do until half way through this season when he's in the flow of things.
michael olawakandi ?
could be karl anthony towns ?
could be fredric weiss
could be marc gasol ( Remember that lop sided trade for pau years ago lol )
we don't have a clue
lets just get excited for a fresh season with a fresh roster and a fresh start
this whole idea of we should have drafted some one over zinger because of decent numbers in a pre season game

how many years do we have to watch basketball before we become smart enough to hold pre season for nothing more than scrimmages with no effort on defense by any one
kiya
still up to his whole antics i see.
always speaking as a matter of fact as if he knows the future

Im clueless of Gingis .. on draft night more than a few people knew C/F Frank Kaminsky could play ball on the NBA level .. Kaminsky play the same position as Gingis

The preseason teams that has their same coach n starting-5 players from last season use the preseason games different from teams with a new coach, or a new starting-5 lineup.
When it comes to the thousand or more different starting-5 lineup Knicks, or the new coach Knicks, or the complete roster change Knicks, the Knicks preseason games has always been the same .. no-chemistry just one on one team ball
But .. Thas my Dolan Knicks !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Did we make a mistake by cutting Ndour, who was the right rebounding SF to put with Melo at the 4 spot n Lopez at center?
Who would u rather have Ndour or Derick Williams???

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I wish I had the right answer, but again, with me being basically non-active for the past few seasons I barely now who's who. With that being said I shouldn't be even talking about any roster move PJ has recently made.

tiger0330

Legend
Did we make a mistake by cutting Ndour, who was the right rebounding SF to put with Melo at the 4 spot n Lopez at center?
Who would u rather have Ndour or Derick Williams???
Kiya, I hope you posted this before yesterdays game. DWill is on a decent contract essentially a one year deal, if the Knicks are horrible he's leaving. If he plays like he did last night, he's leaving. Ndour didn't have a great opening game, didn't score a point despite playing 20 minutes, I think I would go with DWill even though I wasn't thrilled with getting him this off-season.

Kiyaman

Legend
Kiya, I hope you posted this before yesterdays game. DWill is on a decent contract essentially a one year deal, if the Knicks are horrible he's leaving. If he plays like he did last night, he's leaving. Ndour didn't have a great opening game, didn't score a point despite playing 20 minutes, I think I would go with DWill even though I wasn't thrilled with getting him this off-season.

I wrote the Ndour post for good reason .. D.Will was having the best game of his 4 yr career in the NBA.
I do not want to be tricked by the fools-gold performance in the preseason games.

I know Melo still has those unstoppable scoring nights .. I know Robin Lopez has stepped up his game n level of performance playing with Aldridge/ Lillard the past 2 season in Portland .. I know Gallo & Vujacic skills in the backcourt are able to settle a lineup into creating in a triangle-offense.

What shocked n surprised me bigtime was coach Fisher DNP Seraphin, Calderon having his best game as a Knicks, PK Zingis quick hustle as a BIG rebounder/blocker, then watching Derick Williams best NBA performance in 4 years.
Yeah! I was shock! surprise! and bewildered yelling "LETS GO KNICKS"

We beat the Washington Wizards which is a good thing only if we can do the same in regular season games .. We talking about a backcourt of Wall/Beal/Session, 3 players who combine per game average over 40 pts, over 15 ast, and 1 steal a piece in a game.