All Star
Jose Calderon's stats:

PER: 3.74!

PPG: 3.8
RPG:1.5
APG:2.8

In 21 minutes per game

Shooting %: 25 % FG and 25% 3point %

Add the fact that he is the slowest player on the Knicks and the worst defensive PG since Raymond Felton...why is he starting let alone playing 20 min a game?

Who should start for him and when should it happen?

And if anyone thinks he should start i hope you have a good case.

Thoughts?

KNICKSTAPE NATION

Benchwarmer
Calderon is trash ... I would start Grant so that he can keep maturing and become that true point guard we've always been searching for.

tiger0330

Legend
I voted Galloway. Grant's perimeter shot has to improve for him to step up to the starters job, he's not ready yet.

Time to see how this team performs with a different starting PG. Calderon bought himself a reprieve with his game yesterday but he should be given a short leash. I've been saying wait until the end of the month if our record is 6-12, it's time to reassess and start making some changes including benching/trading Calderon.

KNICKSTAPE NATION

Benchwarmer
I voted Galloway. Grant's perimeter shot has to improve for him to step up to the starters job, he's not ready yet.

Time to see how this team performs with a different starting PG. Calderon bought himself a reprieve with his game yesterday but he should be given a short leash. I've been saying wait until the end of the month if our record is 6-12, it's time to reassess and start making some changes including benching/trading Calderon.

Jerian is averaging twice as many assists as Gallo is, he's better suited to be the point .. I prefer seeing Gallo at the starting shooting guard position or as the 6th man. Someone that can give us buckets with consistency

Paul1355

All Star
Calderon's shot has improved, but after watching a few more games I think Grant is the best fit. He drives to the basket and is able to hit Porzingis with open shots. He can run a pick and roll more effectively than Calderon because Grant is always a threat to drive to the basket and draw fouls.

Calderon would fit well with the second unit. The second unit lacks a shooter than can spread the floor, which Calderon provides. He also wouldn't need to run the point all the time with Galloway playing as the other guard. Add in Derrick Williams and others and Calderon has a bunch of athletic young guys playing with him. Calderon needs athletic players in lineups with him to make up for his lack of speed.

Kiyaman

Legend
Its funny .. Calderon aint so bad tandem with Afflalo in the backcourt .. the two guards are playing well, something i did not expect from either tier-3 veteran guards

tiger0330

Legend
Its funny .. Calderon aint so bad tandem with Afflalo in the backcourt .. the two guards are playing well, something i did not expect from either tier-3 veteran guards
Calderon is still a step slow and needs to score like he did in Toronto to make up for it. I'm glad his shot came back but I'm still for trading him if he can build his trade value back up this season. Get his contract off the books this year and get 7M back in cap space by bundling him with CleEarly in a trade. Make a run for KD in the off-season.

Calderon is still a step slow and needs to score like he did in Toronto to make up for it. I'm glad his shot came back but I'm still for trading him if he can build his trade value back up this season. Get his contract off the books this year and get 7M back in cap space by bundling him with CleEarly in a trade. Make a run for KD in the off-season.

I'm generally all for moving Calderon's contract, but the more we can keep winning with him as our starter, the less his deal looks all that bad to me. Also, I genuinely believe we have zero chance of Durant signing with us. You should never say never, but I see no scenarios, even if we are a good team, where he would want to come to NYC.

tiger0330

Legend
I'm generally all for moving Calderon's contract, but the more we can keep winning with him as our starter, the less his deal looks all that bad to me. Also, I genuinely believe we have zero chance of Durant signing with us. You should never say never, but I see no scenarios, even if we are a good team, where he would want to come to NYC.
I think there's a better chance than most other teams. The Knicks need to start winning first, but you have a budding star in Zinger, Melo and his DFish connection that make this a more attractive place than most teams. I only wish Zinger played in OKC like he played in Houston when KD was watching.

Kiyaman

Legend

I'm still looking forward to trading Calderon this season asap to get a starter PG in exchange.
I like to keep rookie Grant energy off the bench tandem with Galloway.

Im not sure i want to sign Durant for the Knicks, why?
Our last 3 head coaches (Fisher included) were clueless of players natural position, and would give 6.9 Durant playing time at the PF spot the majority of his minutes. LaMarcus Aldridge did the right signing, bc Fisher would've had Aldridge playing all his minutes as our center .... It burns me up when I recall the season we had David Lee as our starter center with a rookie Jordan Hill as the backup center, plus recalling all the seasons we had a speedy 5.8 Nate Robinson on the wing as our SG, so that SG Marbury and SG Crawful could lead the point as our PG all game, to get another 23 win season. When Marbury & Crawford previous teams got rid of them for being poor shoot-first PG.
We are real good at messing-up players career in the NBA