attachment.php
attachment.php

Starting for Toronto-

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

KNICKS - RAPTORS PREVIEW (via NBA.COM)

The Toronto Raptors were ice cold to end their four-game road trip and hope a return home helps them get back on track offensively.

The New York Knicks may pose a greater defensive challenge than initially anticipated in Monday night's matchup.
Toronto (5-2) lost 96-76 to Miami on Sunday, its second consecutive defeat. The Raptors were held to 29 second-half points, their fewest since scoring 28 in a 74-72 loss at Indiana on Nov. 13, 2012.
They averaged 106.0 points and shot 39.0 percent from 3-point range in their first five games before struggling in Friday's 92-87 defeat at Orlando, shooting a season-worst 34.9 percent from the floor.
Kyle Lowry was 4 for 16 against the Heat and has gone 15 for 46 (32.6 percent) over his last three games. He shot 47.2 percent in his first four. DeMar DeRozan also shot poorly Sunday, going 5 for 14.
"I didn't get too excited when we were 5-0 and I'm not getting down now that we've had a few stinkers," coach Dwane Casey told the team's official website.
It's uncertain if DeMarre Carroll will play after sitting out Sunday to rest his sore right heel. He's shot 34.2 percent through six games, a season after posting a career-best 48.7 mark with Atlanta. James Johnson had seven points and seven rebounds while starting in his place at Miami.
"(The injury) has affected his play, his jump shot and his defensive movement," Casey said of Carroll. "Getting him rest right now is the most important thing."
The Knicks (3-4) ended a three-game slide with a 99-95 victory over the visiting Los Angeles Lakers on Sunday, winning despite shooting 39.3 percent. Carmelo Anthony had 24 points but went 8 of 20 as his shooting woes continued. His 37.1 field-goal percentage would be by far the lowest of his career.
Neither of the club's top two scorers have been particularly efficient, as rookie Kristaps Porzingis (12.3 ppg) is hitting 39.5 percent and was 3 for 10 against the Lakers.
"Offensively our execution is still really an area where we have to improve a lot, which we will over time," said coach Derek Fisher, who was ejected in the third quarter for arguing Porzingis' foul on a Kobe Bryant 3-point attempt.
New York, though, has limited its last three opponents to 40.3 percent shooting after yielding 47.2 in the previous three contests.
The Knicks have dropped five of seven in Toronto, where the Raptors are looking to improve to 3-0.
Lowry has averaged 24.4 points and 52.6 percent from the floor in his last five meetings with New York, though DeRozan has made just 36.6 percent in his past five.
Anthony has averaged 31.5 points in his last six games against Toronto.

SONG OF THE DAY:

NAS - The World Is Yours

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
</3 ... Hopefully Galloway gets all the minutes, while vujacic keeps the bench warm

Why are so many peeps down on Sasha?
Calderon has his best game as a Knick vs the D.League Lakers team, now all Calderon Haters has jumpship to Hate on Sasha.
We all know the tandem of Calderon & Sasha are poor scorers and poor defenders (no chemistry).
To me, Sasha has showed great leadership for Galloway & Grant on the court this season.

The Raptors guard tandem Lowry & Derozan will show us ALL our weakness n strength in our guard rotation on offense/defense tonite.
And the Raptors 7.0 footer Valanciunas will show our two 7.0 footers how to get a double-double on 60% FG shootin, plus pound the offensive glass to get his team 2nd chance shots.

It would be nice to see PK presence in the paint force Valanciunas to shoot below 50% tonite.
It would be nice to see Afflalo on the court asap to see what he adds

KNICKSTAPE NATION

Benchwarmer
Calderon has his best game as a Knick vs the D.League Lakers team, now all Calderon Haters has jumpship to Hate on Sasha.
We all know the tandem of Calderon & Sasha are poor scorers and poor defenders (no chemistry).
To me, Sasha has showed great leadership for Galloway & Grant on the court this season.

The Raptors guard tandem Lowry & Derozan will show us ALL our weakness n strength in our guard rotation on offense/defense tonite.
And the Raptors 7.0 footer Valanciunas will show our two 7.0 footers how to get a double-double on 60% FG shootin, plus pound the offensive glass to get his team 2nd chance shots.

It would be nice to see PK presence in the paint force Valanciunas to shoot below 50% tonite.

I hate them both equally tbh .. Vujacic is averaging 5.6 ppg on 30 % shooting :barf: and calderon is at 5.3 ppg at 31% shooting. They're horrible.

Langston is averaging 11.9 ppg on 46% shooting, so why wouldn't I want to see him get all of sashas minutes?

And if he has shown "great leadership" then let him do it from the bench where he belongs.

tiger0330

Legend

Sasha's shot is not falling, he does some nice things like his leadership and mentoring Zinger but anyone shooting the low numbers he's shooting should not be starting. If Sasha doesn't pick it up they'll cut him, you can't be a SG shooting 30%, 20% from 3 and 66% FTs and expect not to be cut.

I think Scola is starting for Toronto, I would expect the Raps to give him plenty of help against Zinger but there's got to be an opportunity to exploit that matchup between their bigs and ours.

I like the sound of 4 - 4 a lot more than 3 - 5, even at this early point in the season. On a side note, are Brooklyn and Philly really a combined 0 - 14 to start the year. Yikes! The lottery ball race has already begun.

Our shooting was nothing special, but our guys did all the little things in the 1st quarter to give us a 7 point lead. We are starting to see that when you play defense, rebound, and move the ball, you don't need to shoot all that well to be competitive.