Is it now safe to criticize Starbury on Knicks Online?

knicksin60

Starter
I remember for years you had "Team Starbury" having a domineering presence on this website. One negative comment about Stephen and you would get roasted quicker than the speed of light. Over the past few years this forum has changed a great deal. Posters who were very loyal are nowhere to be found. Makes me a bit nostalgic when I think about guys like metrocard, Joeboxer, Crazy8's, MSGKnickzfan, Trillion, and many others. In my honest opinion, I wish this website would flourish more or at least get close to what it was in its glory days. I appreciate what Rady has done. Any other administrator would have thrown in the towel long ago. Am appreciative for posters like Kiyaman who have stuck around in difficult times.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Respect to Rady and Kiya. Rady's website is underrated and should be attracting more members. Only website I know of that you can cut and paste images directly without having a link to the image. Only website I know that implements a command for tweets instead of having to embed the tweet, that new home page is brilliant and is a one stop resource for Knicks news, schedules and Knicks player stats. And he's implemented a mobile version of the site which even the biggest bball BBS, Clutchfans hasn't done. His support is terrific as well, I had a problem with creating the signature below and he responded to my PM to him quickly.

knicksin60

Starter
I've always felt that this forum was underrated. Unlike other forums, KO allows for posters to express certain opinions. The features here are golden. The posters are knowledgeable. I couldn't ask for a better place to talk Knicks basketball.

tiger0330

Legend
I've always felt that this forum was underrated. Unlike other forums, KO allows for posters to express certain opinions. The features here are golden. The posters are knowledgeable. I couldn't ask for a better place to talk Knicks basketball.
Freedom of speech is a good thing up to a point, some of the threads got out of hand with the insults and other BBS's mods would have censored or expelled some of the members for some of the dialogue that went on in those old threads. I'm not sure but I wonder if there were more decorum in those old threads whether members like Crazy and Metro would still be here.

I see you posted in the game thread. Good having you post in the forum threads Knicksin60.

I think it's funny how many people wax nostalgic about the past on KOL, but also acknowledge how this forum used to have factions that ganged up on people. We are missing some very thoughtful former regular posters, but who knows, maybe they will return some day if things keep looking up for our guys.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
whats up. havent been here in ages. some cool changes I really like may keep me back.....good post knicksin60, all the marbury hate turned into melo hate and one of those posters you just names incessantly bashed melo and pushed all the other posters away. good to be back.

knicksin60

Starter
Freedom of speech is a good thing up to a point, some of the threads got out of hand with the insults and other BBS's mods would have censored or expelled some of the members for some of the dialogue that went on in those old threads. I'm not sure but I wonder if there were more decorum in those old threads whether members like Crazy and Metro would still be here.

I see you posted in the game thread. Good having you post in the forum threads Knicksin60.

Thanks!

There would always be some type of feud going on. Whether it was Metrocard vs Trillion, Metrocard vs Crazy8's or OGknicksfan vs Kblack things would get out of hand. If you go to the archives you'll find a lot of ugly history. Posters saying derogatory things about each other's race, pictures posted of people's family members, posters challenging each other to real life fights and many years of filth. Most of the time the smart thing to do was remain neutral. Picking sides would just guarantee that you had to go along with what was taking place.

Despite all of that there was a sense of loyalty by a number of individuals. Posting here through the Isiah Thomas/ Mike D'antoni years wasn't an easy task for many people. I'm just happy that this place is still around with all the distinctive transitions that this forum has gone through.

knicksin60

Starter
whats up. havent been here in ages. some cool changes I really like may keep me back.....good post knicksin60, all the marbury hate turned into melo hate and one of those posters you just names incessantly bashed melo and pushed all the other posters away. good to be back.

Good to have you back! Stood away myself for a while.Was discouraged about watching a 17 win team last year; that and the lack of motivation to chat with Knicks fans. But am thankful to see that this website is running sharply and that there is a handful of posters that bring insight to the threads. As for the Marbury and Melo hate, I remember the so-called Haterbury and Isiahsexual labels that posters would receive whenever they would criticize Marbury even though some of the criticism was directed towards Marbury's persona. Melo will always have people that will knock him simply because of the contract that he has and the high expectations that fans place on him.

DrB

Benchwarmer
Look friends I am as knowledgeable as gets and still tone down replies to posts I don't agree with. The biggest mental masturbation is the wish list of players to get. MAKES NOSENSE.

Kiyaman

Legend
Thanks!

There would always be some type of feud going on. Whether it was Metrocard vs Trillion, Metrocard vs Crazy8's or OGknicksfan vs Kblack things would get out of hand. If you go to the archives you'll find a lot of ugly history. Posters saying derogatory things about each other's race, pictures posted of people's family members, posters challenging each other to real life fights and many years of filth. Most of the time the smart thing to do was remain neutral. Picking sides would just guarantee that you had to go along with what was taking place.

Despite all of that there was a sense of loyalty by a number of individuals. Posting here through the Isiah Thomas/ Mike D'antoni years wasn't an easy task for many people. I'm just happy that this place is still around with all the distinctive transitions that this forum has gone through.

So True! So True!
Welcome back Knicksin60 .... between Isiah's consistent 23 win seasons to last year 17 win season, Knick fans had to find something to talk about beside losses

KingCharles34

All Star
It will never be safe. Team Starbury hears everything, I came in here to swear at you guys a couple times and call you homophobic slurs. Thats right, im back

Just playin lol. Obviously I was one of the main characters from that era. I feel like an old man being back here. To think my first post on here was over a decade ago

Anyways, good to see many of you again. Hope things have been well for everybody

tiger0330

Legend
Speaking of Starbury what he's done in China is amazing. When he went over there I thought it was Bonzi Wells all over again, go over there for a couple of months, get into a beef with a coach and leave China on bad terms but the guy has been there for years now and is a sports hero, no other Westerner has gotten the honors he's gotten.

He just accepted permanent residence in China and is the first NBA basketball star turned China basketball star to be offered a Chinese green card. He has a statue of him outside the arena, 3 rings for Beijing in the last 4 years and the key to the city and they just opened a Starbury museum.

This is kind of a funny thread under the circumstances. I joined this forum in 2011, right at the tail end of the prior era of great posters. I feel like we have a solid, but small, crew of current great posters and it looks like, maybe, just maybe, some of the prior regime are starting to feel things out around here again.

I think we are at a really interesting crossroads for this franchise and the time is now for the fanbase to start coming back together on-line and there is no better place for it than KOL.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
It will never be safe. Team Starbury hears everything, I came in here to swear at you guys a couple times and call you homophobic slurs. Thats right, im back

Just playin lol. Obviously I was one of the main characters from that era. I feel like an old man being back here. To think my first post on here was over a decade ago

Anyways, good to see many of you again. Hope things have been well for everybody
Yooo! I missed you, man. Hope you're here to stay. How've you been?

Kiyaman

Legend
Speaking of Starbury what he's done in China is amazing. When he went over there I thought it was Bonzi Wells all over again, go over there for a couple of months, get into a beef with a coach and leave China on bad terms but the guy has been there for years now and is a sports hero, no other Westerner has gotten the honors he's gotten.

He just accepted permanent residence in China and is the first NBA basketball star turned China basketball star to be offered a Chinese green card. He has a statue of him outside the arena, 3 rings for Beijing in the last 4 years and the key to the city and they just opened a Starbury museum.

Well, it's still not safe to criticize ex-Marbury individual-performance on the Knicks, Suns, and Nets, because Dolan has put another franchise type of Marbury on the Knicks named "ISO-Melo".
Marbury never complimented any of his Knicks teammates talent, plus Marbury always expected his Knicks teammates to change their style and compliment Marbury individual style.
u have to LOL at how Marbury was able to sellout the Garden for Dolan with so many season buyer tickets each season, while no NBA player wanted Marbury as their teammate .. same as Melo.
Its bad that Marbury had to go to the other side of the world to start playing to his teammates talents to get the best out of his teammates to have consistent winning seasons in China.

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer

Agreed :peace:

wya tho?

KingCharles34

All Star
Melo Mafia seems like years ago, Team Starbury was ancient times now. Good to see this sites still going strong, looks like its bounced back nicely

jimkcchief88

All Star
Old school poster thread I love it!!! I joined in 2006 because I was impressed by the intelligent posters. Then came the dark days(in Alec Guinness Obi-Wan tone): The Starbury Wars. Camps were formed. Many solid posters were lost. I miss Metrotard:) the most. He was the snake to my mongoose. The game threads when we played the Celtics were epic. Then like said above the Starbury hate was passed on the Melo. I switched from the hate to love camp and was castigated for it. In the end what has emerged as a much smaller, but much more respectful KO.COM. We can have discussions again without it turning into a personal slam fest no matter what side of the coin you are on. Our worst enemy now is fan apathy during the rebuild.

KingCharles34

All Star
Old school poster thread I love it!!! I joined in 2006 because I was impressed by the intelligent posters. Then came the dark days(in Alec Guinness Obi-Wan tone): The Starbury Wars. Camps were formed. Many solid posters were lost. I miss Metrotard:) the most. He was the snake to my mongoose. The game threads when we played the Celtics were epic. Then like said above the Starbury hate was passed on the Melo. I switched from the hate to love camp and was castigated for it. In the end what has emerged as a much smaller, but much more respectful KO.COM. We can have discussions again without it turning into a personal slam fest no matter what side of the coin you are on. Our worst enemy now is fan apathy during the rebuild.
Hows it been going Jim? Remember the rep war i started with the Melo mafia? Lol i was trying to find that thread about the rep system being f***ed

I know i contributed to the name calling and homophobic slurs, my apologies to anyone i offended

I think we squashed the beef before i disappeared, if not my apologies bro. Im 31 years old now so I guess you could say im a little different then i was back then

I hope everyones doing well. Ill still always be a Starbury and Carmelo fan but no need for that to divide any of us

I cant believe were finally making smarter moves and we have a trio of respectable gentleman running the team. How many years have we been waiting for this?

Anyways, i hope everyone heres doing good. I send nothing but love and peace to everyone here, shout out to Rady for still holding it down after all these years

Anyone know where Metrocards at?