Game Thread: Heat@Knicks 11/27

tiger0330

Legend
This early lineup with kp6 at the 5 and Quinn at the 4 is what I was talking about to provide more balance between the 1st and second unit. Lopez comes off the bench.

tiger0330

Legend
Don't think I've ever seen this combo before kp6 dwill seraphin gallo and grant. I hope it works because I like it.

tiger0330

Legend
Heat eked out a 1 pt lead 50-49 at the half. The 2nd unit has played better than down in FL but still not liking Fish's lineups, most coaches have their second unit guys come in when the opposing 2nd unit players come in. With Fish who knows, pretty random lineups from what I see with no logic as far as matchups but maybe they're on a timer and no one other than Melo gets to play more than 22 minutes.

I think the Heat pull away in the 2nd half with these idiotic lineups.

mafra

Legend
Fisher's imprint once again negatively impacts a game.
As usual, NYK play 82 road games (every 50/50 call goes MIa's way)... They've already ignored an off goaltending, ignored a few walks on Dragic and Johnson, awarded Haslem with a bogus charge, called a Questionable over the back when Whiteside and 3 Knicks chased a rebound into the corner, Have a non-existent foul on a 3 point shot, turned an out of bounds On Wade into MIA possession, and allowed a few fouls on NYK players In the paint... Officials have gifted MIA 13 points...

Anyway... Once again NYK
Can't score... Melo has missed about 11 consecutive shots (maybe he should have thanksgiving with teammates and not Wase/Bosh)...

Tough to win when your opponent gets 40 FTs on your home court...

mafra

Legend
So glad he sits PORZ to avoid him fouling out. Geez.

14 points in the Third quarter! Affalo in witness protection...

tiger0330

Legend
Robin Lopez is CRAP. PURE CRAP......uncoordinated crap.
PLAY DERRICK WILLIAMS....Fisher must go. Horrendous coach.
Couldn't agree more. Did Joel Pryzbilla ever make 14M?? or Chris Kaman? He might be a solid citizen but it's not worth the contract PJ gave him. All his signings and the coach are not looking great right now. Only solid thing is kp6 and he's not shooting lights out just yet.

mafra

Legend
Hey... Refs finally blew the whistle against MIA. They now have 2 fouls in the second half... NYK down 13 with 9 left. Melo is too tired from dinner date with Wade-Bosh (who have a combined 37 points so far)... Melo is now 1-9 after staring game 3-4...

Our star can't score and refs allow MIA to play this aggressively without calling fouls on them... While giving MIA plenty of freebies from the charity stripe.

mafra

Legend
Most definitely... D-Will, Affalo, Lopez, Quinn all look like terrible signings...

Gerald Green looks like MJ tonight.

Melo and PORZ give nada in second half... Back under .500 we fall.

tiger0330

Legend
Most definitely... D-Will, Affalo, Lopez, Quinn all look like terrible signings...

Gerald Green looks like MJ tonight.

Melo and PORZ give nada in second half... Back under .500 we fall.
One game under .500 and I think I posted that I would be happy with an 8-9 record in Dec. with this team. Not sure now because there seems to be a talent deficiency now that will bite them in the ass if true. I think it's less likely that this team that has had it's moments this season makes the playoffs this year.

mafra

Legend
One game under .500 and I think I posted that I would be happy with an 8-9 record in Dec. with this team. Not sure now because there seems to be a talent deficiency now that will bite them in the ass if true. I think it's less likely that this team that has had it's moments this season makes the playoffs this year.

With our schedule and the fact that these guys have 0 games experience playing with one another .. Sure. 8-9 is pretty much a good sign (from a team that won 17 games).

But it's clear we cannot play with the top teams in our Conf... They have more talent and are better overall teams than we are... This season should be all about cutting our losses... Try to win 30-35 games and avoid watching TOR get our high lottery pick...
And trading Calderon, Affalo, Quinn, Lopez, and Melo for young players and future draft picks.

After MSG Network showed that picture of Wade, Bosh, and Melo smoking cigars and having a holiday meal together last night... I am off the Melo bandwagon entirely. Competitors don't dine with the opponent the night before a game and then go out anday an egg. Trade Melo and Lopez to MIA for Whiteside. Let Anthony go be with his pals...

tiger0330

Legend
With our schedule and the fact that these guys have 0 games experience playing with one another .. Sure. 8-9 is pretty much a good sign (from a team that won 17 games).

But it's clear we cannot play with the top teams in our Conf... They have more talent and are better overall teams than we are... This season should be all about cutting our losses... Try to win 30-35 games and avoid watching TOR get our high lottery pick...
And trading Calderon, Affalo, Quinn, Lopez, and Melo for young players and future draft picks.

After MSG Network showed that picture of Wade, Bosh, and Melo smoking cigars and having a holiday meal together last night... I am off the Melo bandwagon entirely. Competitors don't dine with the opponent the night before a game and then go out anday an egg. Trade Melo and Lopez to MIA for Whiteside. Let Anthony go be with his pals...
He's not a leader never was, he's a celebrity and he's happy with that role.

mafra

Legend
If I was near a CPU I would paste the pic here myself...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...elo-anthony-spend-thanksgiving-together-in-ny

Our only hope is that Melo will
Accept a deal someplace...
Whiteside and Winslow would be great, or Kyrie, but not sure what (if anything) NYK would get... He would only accept a trade to a contender, so salaries would have to match... And what contender would Mortgage young players for Melo? I doubt MIa would, unless Wade-Bosh beg Riley (so they can beat Lebron)... Or CLE, bc they are all in to win it and why not? They have JR and Shump and Lebron... Irving is always hurt...

Melo probably won't accept a trade anywhere anyway...
Maybe LAC?

Anyway... Looks like we are stuck with him. Now, If Mozgov can fetch 2 first round picks...
Than Lopez might get us something... Maybe Affalo too? Doubt it tho.

Broadway

All Star
He's not a leader never was, he's a celebrity and he's happy with that role.

So the holiday dinner did it for some? Not all the myriad of BS in-between from Melo being traded here to right before the holiday? lol some fans are finicky funny style

We caught some breaks during this first month. You also have to understand now that the dust is settling, teams no one(I did) expected to be as good(Orlando/Pacers/Miami/Charlotte/Boston) are just as relevant to even more so than we are. Galloway and Lance Thomas were performing way above their heads. Calderon is a EPIC liability, Melo looks older and older. There are only 2 teams in the league which appear to put up less a fight each night Philly(most of the time) and the Lakers(absolute trash). Other than this, there isn't 1 team in this league where we can walk on the court home or away and assume a victory, not 1. Matter of fact for most of the 27 teams remaining I'd say they can walk on the court assuming victory over us.

I said when the scoreboards were 0-0 at season's begin that the league was better top to bottom and the records prove this.