Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Houston Rockets 11/30/2015 7:30

Bad loss. That screen call is a killer because it meant the game. Still, Houston wanted it more for most of the 2nd half and undid a big first half lead.

tiger0330

Legend
Close only counts in horse shoes. Its an L despite a good effort and a super effort by AA. Better not lose to the Sixers or Nets.

mafra

Legend
Mafra would be screaming about that screen.

Refs certainly impacted the game. I say it every night, NYK play 82 road games... Too many iffy, 50/50 calls go the visitor's way... They ignore contact on our shooters yet call the slightest contact on us... This is why we are 3-6 at home... And have been a bad home team for a while... Bc bench and role players produce (for the most part) more often at home... But that advantage is negated by the refs who don't give Melo the star calls and don't favor home team with majority of 50/50 calls.

I've seen our guys get tackled with no calls, then we get whistled if the ring finger nicks an forearm.

I listened to the game and the way the NYK announcers sounded... It appeared there were plenty of bad calls that went against NY. A mystery foul in a 3-point shot... Affalo fouled when he made a shot in OT and then that screen.

No way this game goes to OT without help from the officials. But that's life in the NBA. And for NYK fans.

To many silly, Elementary school type turnovers... Seraphim, Calderon pand Galloway hand the game away with their carelessness. Too many offensive rebounds allowed.

NYK led wire to wire but then the refs took control, HOU hit a couple ultra-lucky shots and we couldn't make a play or get a stop in OT.

And, let's not let Fisher off the hook. His 4th quarter coaching handed HOU the game. We had a 13 point lead with 5 to play? The starters barely play in the 4th? Geez.

Terrible. We won't sniff .500 again this season 25-30 win season here we come.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Its a bad loss but I hope Fish learns something from the loss, Seraphin and AA deserve bigger roles. Sasha does not leave the bench for the rest of the season.

Rolo only played 15 minutes, I hope that's a trend. He's next to useless most nights.

mafra

Legend
Out rebounded on the offensive glass 17-5... Lost turnover margin 21-8, as well as the FT disparity 36-17...

We played well... A balanced effort... Affalo, Seraphin, Thomas and PORZ solid on offense... But no Melo, and Calderon-Lopez-Langston were awful.

Still, it took a miracle 3 from Ariza, a fortunate bounce for another 3 from Thornton, then an illegal screen for another 3... Took all that yo beat us.

mafra

Legend
Its a bad loss but I hope Fish learns something from the loss, Seraphin and AA deserve bigger roles. Sasha does not leave the bench for the rest of the season.

Rolo only played 15 minutes, I hope that's a trend. He's next to useless most nights.

Amen. I would start Calderon-Affalo-Melo-PORZ-Seraphin.

Grant, Gallo, Rollo, Williams, and Thomas... Go with 9 msn rotation... But be flexible based in matchup who is that 4th option or odd man out.

And I am only starting jC bc I am looking to dump him soon.. Then start Grant.

This team should win the next 3... Let's see what they are made of.

tiger0330

Legend
For a vet PG like JC allowing Bev to pressure the ball on the sideline was dumb.
Worst play of the game with 50 seconds left and the Knicks leading 101-98. Calderon could dribble left to use a screen Seraphim was setting up or dribble down the sideline, he dribbles down the sideline as Beverly presses JC and he dribbles the ball off his body out of bounds. His shooting has gotten better but PJ should trade him he's trash.

Broadway

All Star
This loss proved two things tonight. We lost this game in the same EPIC fashion the 17win team would have, which proves we're much closer to that team and there really isn't too much difference if Melo plays or not....

Although a couple days before

Good thing he played in this Must Win game but since he didn't and we lost I guess season officially over(shrugging shoulders)

Last edited:
Refs certainly impacted the game. I say it every night, NYK play 82 road games... Too many iffy, 50/50 calls go the visitor's way... They ignore contact on our shooters yet call the slightest contact on us... This is why we are 3-6 at home... And have been a bad home team for a while... Bc bench and role players produce (for the most part) more often at home... But that advantage is negated by the refs who don't give Melo the star calls and don't favor home team with majority of 50/50 calls.

I've seen our guys get tackled with no calls, then we get whistled if the ring finger nicks an forearm.

I listened to the game and the way the NYK announcers sounded... It appeared there were plenty of bad calls that went against NY. A mystery foul in a 3-point shot... Affalo fouled when he made a shot in OT and then that screen.

No way this game goes to OT without help from the officials. But that's life in the NBA. And for NYK fans.

To many silly, Elementary school type turnovers... Seraphim, Calderon pand Galloway hand the game away with their carelessness. Too many offensive rebounds allowed.

NYK led wire to wire but then the refs took control, HOU hit a couple ultra-lucky shots and we couldn't make a play or get a stop in OT.

And, let's not let Fisher off the hook. His 4th quarter coaching handed HOU the game. We had a 13 point lead with 5 to play? The starters barely play in the 4th? Geez.

So you're going to blame it on bad luck then

mafra

Legend
So you're going to blame it on bad luck then

Ah, no... We lost b/c of the turnover, the off rebounds we allowed, and the bad plays we made down the stretch...

But... I just added... On top of that... We might have survived all of that if we caught a few breaks from the refs or pot luck...

Like it was stated above... Our PG pretty much handed the game away... Then, we had plenty of chances to drain a 3 to force a second OT... And nobody could make a shot...

DrB

Benchwarmer
I've been pushing a lineup of kp6 and Seraphin or Lopez and Seraphin instead of the twin towers I don't see any reason to change my mind.
Lopez is a very poor offensive player and average to poor on defense. He's a KNICK because I was the best that Jackson could do. Unloading him will be a massive problem. He's a third string center at best. HE'S A CLUTZ.

DrB

Benchwarmer
This loss proved two things tonight. We lost this game in the same EPIC fashion the 17win team would have, which proves we're much closer to that team and there really isn't too much difference if Melo plays or not....

Although a couple days before

Good thing he played in this Must Win game but since he didn't and we lost I guess season officially over(shrugging shoulders)
I personally like watching the Knicks without MELO. Let him join up with Bosch and his buddy Wade and screw up Miami.

mafra

Legend
I personally like watching the Knicks without MELO. Let him join up with Bosch and his buddy Wade and screw up Miami.

I would love to send Melo to MIA for Whiteside and Winslow. If only the money wasnt a dealbreaker. Most likley, we would send him to CLE for Kyrie or Love. But, that no-trade clause is a killer.

Kiyaman

Legend
Out rebounded on the offensive glass 17-5...
Lost turnover margin 21-8,
as well as the FT disparity 36-17...

We played well... A balanced effort... Affalo, Seraphin, Thomas and PORZ solid on offense... But no Melo, and Calderon-Lopez-Langston were awful.
Still, it took a miracle 3 from Ariza, a fortunate bounce for another 3 from Thornton, then an illegal screen for another 3... Took all that yo beat us.

WTF was our lazy coaching-staff saying to the players n Fisher during the 2nd half of the game about our poor rebounding on the defensive glass?
and Calderon & Serafin constant turnovers?
Plus not taking advantage of our 10 pt lead by getting back on offense before the Rocks could set up defense to go to the foul-line?

Will someone tell me what Calderon did this season to earn 38 minutes of playingtime in a game?
The most minutes Calderon should get in a game is 28 minutes. Red Flag!

KP Zingis has not develope a second-wind to play over 30 minutes in any game yet, playing rookie Zingis the entire 2nd half plus overtime to total 41 minute playingtime it the game? Red Flag! The reason for the LOSS!

The trio of Calderon, Serafin, and Zingis played a well game but their tiredness on defense gave the Rocks the scoring power to tie the game, plus win in overtime. Red Flag!

The Rocks has been playing a 30 minute lineup of two 7 footers D.Howard & Capela, since the new head coach.
Why did Fisher challenge that big lineup with only Serafin & KP in the 2nd half? Red Flag!
We had 4 big-men (Lopez/KP/Sera/Quinn) on the roster to use in the rotation to dominate the glass plus foul D.Howard to keep our double digit lead in the 4th qtr. for a Knicks win. Red Flag toward coach Fisher!

This is what occurred in Fishers 4th quarter substitution coaching...
The Knicks had complete control of the game in the 4th qtr. with 8 minutes remaining holding a 12 pt lead with the lineup of Grant, Gallo, D.Will, Seraphin, and KP trading points .. Then Fisher started his crazy spot minute substitution taking KP out for 2 minutes rather than wait for the final 6 minutes to start substituting for 5 fresh leg teammates.
Even playing a small lineup for 3 minutes of KP/Lance/Afflalo/Gallo/Calderon until our lead was 4 pts.
Why did Fisher take Grant speed n defense on Bev/Harden out the game to put in Calderon for the remaining 8 minute of the game.
Fisher did not let Lopez or Quinn get any playing-time in the 4th qtr. while D.Howard taking over the game on KP & Serafin. An experience Lopez could have played "Hacka-D.Howard" the final 4 minute of the game?
There was no reason for a OVERTIME!!!

Tkf

Benchwarmer

officiating is bad, I agree with that, but the knicks have benefited from it as well, think back to the raptors game. Also note how many times robin lopez and porzingis climb the backs of opposing players for those rebounds.

Knicks have been blowing leads all year, to say the rockets got lucky or hit lucky shots is not accurate, they just stayed close enough and let the knicks finish self destructing. And lets remember, they have the best player on the court on their team, and one of the best gunners off the bench in thornton... If you don't put teams like that away, they will find a way to beat you.

if you really feel the knicks are a 25-30 win team then this loss should not upset you or come as some surprise.