Big Question

rick700

Rookie
I have an important question? Do the knicks have a first round draft pick this year. I know they traded two picks for marbury but i am not sure if the other one was this years first pick. It would be pretty heartbreaking if they did not make the playoffs and did not have a first round pick. Please someone reply with an answer.

Starks_boy

Benchwarmer
I can't remember more details about that, but i think it's NO. :cry:
I'm pretty sure of that.
Can anyone else confirm ?
thx.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
hmm.. the site has a pretty big news archive, you know.. www.knicksonline.com/headlines.php?mode=news200304 :p

here's what i've found:

NY Times said:
In a blockbuster trade with the rebuilding Phoenix Suns, Thomas got the game-changing point guard his two predecessors coveted. But he paid a high price for such speed and scoring, taking on the long-term contracts of Marbury, playing for his fourth team in eight seasons, and the former four-time All-Star guard Penny Hardaway.

In exchange, the Knicks gave up power forward Antonio McDyess, who will be a free agent this summer; point guards Howard Eisley and Charlie Ward; Maciej Lampe, last year's second-round pick; and the 2002 second-round pick, point guard Milos Vujanic, who is considered the top point guard playing in Europe.

The Knicks gave up two first-round draft choices, one in 2004 and a future one, as well as cash, believed to be close to $3 million. The Suns also included Cezary Trybanski, a little-used 7-foot-2 center. They plan to buy out Ward's contract and waive him.

http://www.knicksonline.com/getart.php?id=429

NY Daily News said:
Isiah Thomas has upgraded the Knicks point guard position in a way that New Yorkers have only dreamed about: Brooklyn-born Stephon Marbury is returning home.
A league source told the Daily News that the Knicks were prepared to announce a blockbuster deal that would bring Marbury and Anfernee Hardaway from Phoenix to the Knicks for Antonio McDyess, Charlie Ward, Howard Eisley and the rights to former second round pick Milos Vujanic.

The deal could be announced as early as this afternoon.

In just two weeks on the job, the team president has completely remodeled the Knicks. Bringing Marbury aboard is a bold move and some would say risky because Marbury, an All-Star, did not fare well in his brief stint with the Nets.

http://www.knicksonline.com/getart.php?id=424

if you want more, search the archive
so they did traded a future first round but it didn't mentioned the year

Trin_Starr

Starter
From the NY Daily News (01/27/05)

The Knicks own a first-round pick and have two players - Tim Thomas and Penny Hardaway - who are entering the final year of their contracts.

So the answer is Yes.

NYKnicks15

Starter
no offense but me too....kind of

This a very very weak draft and unless we can pick up someone decent it will be pointless. Id say trade the draft rights away to get better else where. Maybe added incentive for another team. I love fresh new faces but I dont see many in the 05 draft