Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Detroit Pistons 7:30pm 12/29/2015

tiger0330

Legend
It's the end of 3rd Quarter. Overall effort is good but we are back to ISO Melo on occasion. And Melo is not as good one on one as he used to be. He must shoot in the flow and when he does he's fine. Excellent game from 'Quinn, Calderon, and Rolo has put out a great effort. Ilyosova is killing us but it 79-72 with at the end of the third. KNICKSl please win this one for MAFRA, TIGER, KIAYMAN and especially RADY. These guys need a win. Great shot by Melo to end the 3rd Quarter. WILL PORZINGUS show up in the fourth Quarter.
Thanks DrB, Knicks need this more than me. This is one of those games in the 10 game span that they had the best chance to win. After those 2 DWill dunks, I think this is a W with a 10 pt lead. That second reverse dunk is going to make Sports Center tonight.

Kiyaman

Legend
Man O'quinn and D WILL are really solidifying the second unit would like to see grant out there too like in the first half
D WILL is the only player on the roster who can slash and attack the basket and consistently draw fouls--his minutes need to be upped, but we've been saying this for a while to no avail.

D WILL getting his first run in crunchtime annnd he is a man possessed! Love it!

mafra

Legend
It's the end of 3rd Quarter. Overall effort is good but we are back to ISO Melo on occasion. And Melo is not as good one on one as he used to be. He must shoot in the flow and when he does he's fine. Excellent game from 'Quinn, Calderon, and Rolo has put out a great effort. Ilyosova is killing us but it 79-72 with at the end of the third. KNICKSl please win this one for MAFRA, TIGER, KIAYMAN and especially RADY. These guys need a win. Great shot by Melo to end the 3rd Quarter. WILL PORZINGUS show up in the fourth Quarter.

Lol... Good stuff... Spot on. Derrick Williams with a monster 4th... Woah Nelly!!! Always good thing to get PORZ rest too. Good job by Fisher riding the hot hands tonight.

This closing lineup of Calderon-Thomas-Williams-Melo-Lopez worked really well tonight.

Lopez and Calderon both played their best games of the year... This was what PJ was hoping for with these 2--- JC hitting 3s... ROLO blocking shots and getting off boards. If only this were consistent production...

Hard to fathom that PORZ in 6th in NBA in blocks per game and 12 or 15th in most double-double games. NYK broadcast mentioned this.

Melo definitely forces some shots but he continues to play his best all-around BBall (passing, defense, rebounds).

Hard to get pumped bc I fear another 4 game losing streak is coming... But we figured out second 2-8 stretch would occur in this tough 10 game stretch. I guess it just this simple: DET is worse than we are.

Williams with his 4 consecutive double digit scoring game. Quinn a beast early in this game... If we can get this consistently... We have 3 role players moving fwd (along with Thomas).

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
We have to make Lance our 6th Man Hustler .. D WILL is playing his heart-out for more playing time minute by adding 16 pts in the 4th qtr. rotation .. Outstanding !!!

We WON .. Great Knicks WIN with D WILL as our Closer scorer !!!!!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Playing Lance and D Will at the 2, 3 gave us a lot more length and athleticism defensively. It caused Detroit fits.
I still say KP is not a NBA Starter or Closer, maybe after he has a year experience under his belt.
Putting a unexperience rookie KP in the starter lineup instead of veteran teammates Quinn, or D WILL, or Amundson, or Serafin shows what type of celebrity management the Knicks organization have.
Rookie KP should only be getting playingtime minutes in the 2nd and 3rd quarter his first 41 games.
If we wouldve sat D WILL in the 4th qt. and put KP into the game we would've LOST

mafra

Legend
Interesting tidbit from tonight's post-game notes:

"Knicks: The Knicks have lost as many as four straight games three times this season. ... New York is 11-2 in games in which they've scored at least 100 points."

DrB

Benchwarmer
Playing Lance and D Will at the 2, 3 gave us a lot more length and athleticism defensively. It caused Detroit fits.
I still say KP is not a NBA Starter or Closer, maybe after he has a year experience under his belt.
Putting a unexperience rookie KP in the starter lineup instead of veteran teammates Quinn, or D WILL, or Amundson, or Serafin shows what type of celebrity management the Knicks organization have.
Rookie KP should only be getting playingtime minutes in the 2nd and 3rd quarter his first 41 games.
If we wouldve sat D WILL in the 4th qt. and put KP into the game we would've LOST
Great point KIYAMAN....I ever liked ROLO and KP together...poor ball handlers but boy did they help each other under the basket tonight protecting the rim. PROBLEM is Fischer's substitutions, he finally got creative tonight. D WILL needs more time on the floor period. KP needs the right situations.