I finally see Phils Plan a Dontforgetderekharper must read : )

haha bringing it back to the old school days when I posted must reads ten times a day but here it goes

I finally can see phils vision

any idiot with a camera and a note book can scout this team right now and realize we are one superstar away from being a contender.

we have a legitimate defensive big man with rolo who is backed by another legitimate defensive big man who can stretch the floor in KP.

we have a legitimate scorer who is learning to play within the offense instead of be the offense with MELO

afflalo is a great teammate and dependable - proven

calderon is the pg other guys love to play with, knocks down shots, high IQ, gives up the ball and wants to make every one around him better and is a great locker room voice and leader

we have youth on our bench that is only going to get better

Derek fisher believe it or not, is starting to get it. his usage of timeouts as well as recognizing the rotation needs to be shortened as well as getting these guys ready to play every night against good and poor competition as evidenced by the last ten games they have the 3rd best record in the eastern conference Cavs 8-2 Raptors 8-2 knicks 7-3. all losses with melo out 2 games and 1 by a point to the spurs in san antonio.

you add any top 10 player from boogie cousins to kevin durant and we are a 55-60 win team.

I kid you not. not over hyped not stupid, I have been posting on this forum for how long ??

I now when I see a winner.

you dont take two starters in rolo and AA off of a blazers team that won 50 plus games in the west and not expect to develop into a winning team.

we have the ability to go small, go big, cloud the lane any time we want to, we have guards that can switch it up and keep guys in front of them, we have been giving up a ton of points the last few games, but we also are able to match that and put up a bunch of points, but then we will play another team that slows things down to a hault, and we start posting and toasting.

how many teams have 4 guys in their starting line up that you can post up ????

AA post machine
Melo beast in the paint
Rolo unstoppable hook shot
KP dream shake

we have developed spot up shooters galore as calderon, Dwilliams, lance thomas, gallo, afflalo all can knock down shots when melo is double teamed.

we have drafted and plucked prospects extremely well, as I feel like im the only one not down on J grant. He runs the offense, he gets guys the ball in good spots and there hasnt been a game we have lost that you can point at him and say ( your fault ) we win and lose as a team now and that is the best part.

We havent had a bad loss in two weeks since the bulls blew us out.

memphis melo was out, brooklyn second night of a back to back melo was out
spurs, controlled the game and took it to their face and lost by 1 point on the road.

I can repeat myself enough,

we are on the right track, its a time to actually let ourselves be excited.

Kiyaman

Legend
I dont think Phil n Fisher had much of a plan or knew what they were doing in offseason other than feeling spots.
It was no surprise to me before the regular season started on how well our cheap players Grant Gallo Lance D.Will O'Quinn and 6th man Sasha would do on complimenting each other on defensive-stops. Our starters could not beat them in any scrimmage-game.

I am really SHOCKED to see certain career players putting effort on the defensive-end on our team.
I did not expect Calderon Afflalo D.Will and ball-hog Melo to play defense this season, they never played defense in their career, so yes i am shocked this season.

DontForgetDerekHarper .. I liked ur other thread of a roster

Calderon - Chalmers
Afflalo - Galloway
Melo - D will
KP - Lance Thomas
Rolo - Mahinmi

I like to trade Calderon for Chalmers, and make Grant our backup.
Chalmers - Grant
Afflalo - Gallo - Lance
Melo - D.Will - Lance
Quinn - KP
Rolo - Serafin
I dont like all the hype of KP being a starter n closer, KP is a ROOKIE with great skills like Grant.
Both our rookies dont have the experience to be on winning team starter or closer lineup, yes they are 24 or more minute players on a winning team.

I dont think Phil n Fisher had much of a plan or knew what they were doing in offseason other than feeling spots.
It was no surprise to me before the regular season started on how well our cheap players Grant Gallo Lance D.Will O'Quinn and 6th man Sasha would do on complimenting each other on defensive-stops. Our starters could not beat them in any scrimmage-game.

I am really SHOCKED to see certain career players putting effort on the defensive-end on our team.
I did not expect Calderon Afflalo D.Will and ball-hog Melo to play defense this season, they never played defense in their career, so yes i am shocked this season.

Calderon - Chalmers
Afflalo - Galloway
Melo - D will
KP - Lance Thomas
Rolo - Mahinmi

Chalmers - Grant
Afflalo - Gallo - Lance
Melo - D.Will - Lance
Quinn - KP
Rolo - Serafin
I dont like all the hype of KP being a starter n closer, KP is a ROOKIE with great skills like Grant.
Both our rookies dont have the experience to be on winning team starter or closer lineup, yes they are 24 or more minute players on a winning team.

Please tell me you are kidding me,

you like oquinn starting over KP ?

do you even realize how much that line up torments other teams front court.

we arguably have the toughest front court in the NBA right now in the way of matching up with us and guarding us and getting into the paint against us.

and how exactly does Phil and D fish not have a plan

during the pre-season Lance thomas sucked--- but fish stuck with him because he knew something about the worked he put in.

We are seeing the slow work of ROLO develop into a solid option on offense in the triangle when space is clear and he is given room by initial ball movement.

KIYA I love your passion as a knicks fan and we have gone back and forth many times over the years, but once again you have proven to me that you love basketball, but dont fully quite get it all the way when it comes to putting a team together on the floor.

OQUINN has the worst basketball IQ on this team right now which is why his effort has been wasted by derek fisher because fish cannot trust him to play long minutes because his mistakes begin to outweight his intensity. Oquinn has zero lateral movement which puts way too much pressure on the weak side of the defense to come to his rescue when guys fly by him, he also lacks the athleticism to make up for that similar to rolo or KP when a guy beats him, the sign of a great defender is their ability to recover and use their tools to still make a stop. OQuinn cannot do those things no matter how hard he tries. OQuinn has terrible shot selection and at times seems to be more of a ball stopper than any one else on the team.

As far as Sasha being our sixth man, that was never ever the intent of any one, he is here for other reasons, he got burn early on because afflalo was hurt and needed more time to adjust.

I cant imagine phil was filling spots, last year was a tryout, we have a handful of hold overs from that process, afflalo was the perfect fit for melo and calderon and rolo are the perfect fits for the triangle as they both stay within their roles and do no more and no less than they are expected to do allowing afflalo KP and melo to shine when shining is needed.

Dwill was a pleasure project for Phil, looking at the entire body of his work and realizing with the right mix and right role he could impact a game greatly, expectations was Dwilliams only failure, if he was not a top pick in the draft, he would be considered one of the best role players in the game today as there are few players who avg 10-5 and get to the line at his rate playing only 20 minutes per game.

If you want to debate basketball thats cool brother, but just know I will always shut you down if what you are saying is ridiculous, I was the main foil to metro in his days of glory and you should know by now, I pull no punches when it comes to my knicks

with that being said

KIYA smile

this is a team to be happy about : )

and btw KIYA to even further my point

dont think I forgot about that time you lambasted phil for choosing KP over Frank Kaminsky
I can copy and past the proof if you need it.

that says it all about what you know about basketball.

Kaminsky was a sure thing, we knew what we were gonna get with him, why would we risk a draft pick on some one like porzingas. lol

paraphrasing.

just watch and learn

tiger0330

Legend
Great thread DFDH. So far pleasantly surprised by this year's team, I predicted no more than a 35 win team based on past performances of teams that finished with the record that the Knicks had last year. I even thought the TWolves would be better than the Knicks with KAT, Wiggins and Rubio so what do I know.

I liked the Affalo deal. I thought he overpaid for Lopez but gave Phil a pass on Rolo because he said during FA that he expected some FA's would be overpaid. I thought Rolo would be worth his salary if he could score 12ppg and I think he may have a career year scoring now that they have him playing deep in the paint and giving him more touches.

Lance Thomas and DWill have exceeded my expectations. Quinn is who I thought he was, a bruiser who is nothing special but he's still a solid addition to the Knicks bench.

Only guy I disagree on is Calderon, he's shooting well this year but by virtue of his age he's not part of the Knicks future and the Knicks should take every opportunity to trade him while his value is up.

Looking for the Knicks to take the next step, break through the .500 level, develop some consistency and stay there, if they can do that they may make the playoffs. BTW, the last team to go from a 17-65 record to a 43-39 record the next season to lose in the first round of the playoffs, the 2004 Denver Nuggets that featured their rookie phenom Carmelo Anthony.

DrB

Benchwarmer
KP off the bench ...agreed

Calderon - Chalmers
Afflalo - Galloway
Melo - D will
KP - Lance Thomas
Rolo - Mahinmi

Chalmers - Grant
Afflalo - Gallo - Lance
Melo - D.Will - Lance
Quinn - KP
Rolo - Serafin
Great write up