Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Washington Wizards 8:00pm 2/9/2016

Kiyaman

Legend
Calderon and Sasha aren't part of our future. Affalo is a backup. Not a 38 minute starter... I want LT, Williams, Grant playing at least 18-24 minutes a game. Enough of these 3 guard lineups. Our guards are atrocious. I barely can stomach 2 of them on the floor at once... Let one 3.

LT,
Grant or Affalo or DWIll,
KP or ROLO,
Galloway
Melo...

This is who should be on the floor at the end. There should never be 3 guards and Calderon should not be there...

I agree with Mafra .. Sasha Calderon n Afflalo are backups, Grant Lance D.Will performance earned them 24 minutes a night, plus our 3 guard lineup always has PF Melo pushing the ball .. it STINKS!
We differ on the 8 man rotation in the 4th qtr. .. plus Porzingis n Grant are garbage players during the 4th qtr.

1- Gallo .. 7+
2-Calderon
3- Afflalo
4- Lance .. 7+
5- D.Will
6- Melo
7- Serafin or O'Quinn .. 7+
8- Lopez .. 7+
All our hustle-defensive mind players deserve 7+ minutes of playing time in the 4th qtr. to get to know their role on the team. We all know our $124M player will receive 9+ minutes in the 4th qtr..

The reason why Porzingis n Grant should be watching the 4th qtr. from the bench .. so their eyes could answer this question?
Was Melo suppose to dribble the ball across the half-court line n immediately call for a time-out with 14 seconds on the clock?
What do u think other star players like CP3 or Parker or Lebron would have done in the same situation?

I agree with Mafra .. Sasha Calderon n Afflalo are backups, Grant Lance D.Will performance earned them 24 minutes a night, plus our 3 guard lineup always has PF Melo pushing the ball .. it STINKS!
We differ on the 8 man rotation in the 4th qtr. .. plus Porzingis n Grant are garbage players during the 4th qtr.

1- Gallo .. 7+
2-Calderon
3- Afflalo
4- Lance .. 7+
5- D.Will
6- Melo
7- Serafin or O'Quinn .. 7+
8- Lopez .. 7+
All our hustle-defensive mind players deserve 7+ minutes of playing time in the 4th qtr. to get to know their role on the team. We all know our $124M player will receive 9+ minutes in the 4th qtr..

The reason why Porzingis n Grant should be watching the 4th qtr. from the bench .. so their eyes could answer this question?
Was Melo suppose to dribble the ball across the half-court line n immediately call for a time-out with 14 seconds on the clock?
What do u think other star players like CP3 or Parker or Lebron would have done in the same situation?

I think our whole team are garbage performers in the 4th quarter, not just Porzingis and Grant. Also, fans who want to see Derrick Williams get more minutes are going to likely spend the rest of the season very disappointed since Rambis thinks Williams plays bad defense. Rambis is the guy who as head coach didn't want to play Kevin Love because Love's defense was horrendous.

(Theknicksblog)

And after Tuesday's loss, Rambis openly talked about the defensive deficiencies of point guard Jose Calderon and forward Derrick Williams.

"We know that real quick, explosive point guards are going to cause Jose some problems," he said of Wall, who at times was defended by the 7-foot-3 Kristaps Porzingis. "We have to continue to find ways to support him and help him defend pick-and-rolls and quick guards. No team is perfect at all your defensive positions. You have to figure out where the weakness and matchup problems are and then you have to support your teammates."

Calderon went scoreless and managed just 6 assists and 3 rebounds.

"I've got to continue to urge Jose to be aggressive offensively because I want him to be not only a faciltator and an organizer, but he's gotta be a scorer for us, too," Rambis said.

The truth is, no matter who the Knicks coach is, if their guards are outplayed by opposing backcourts more often than not, they are not going to be a very good team.

Calderon, Galloway and Sasha Vujacic are just not as athletic and explosive as most teams' guards. And Rambis may have given an early indication about his rotation preferences by giving rookie Jerian Grant a DNP-Coach's Decision.

Rambis made similarly frank comments about Williams' defensive liabilities -- something Fisher would never have done.

"He's does have to do more things and be better connected to his teammates," Rambis said. "There's time defensively where he misses his assignments."

Asked what it felt like to be back on the sidelines as the head man, Rambis said, "It is a lot of fun, it really is."

But the fun won't last if the Knicks continue to fall from the playoff race. And Rambis said he cautioned his guys about sitting around and not staying in shape over the break.

With 10 days off before their next game in Brooklyn, Rambis had a strong message for his guys.

"My message to them was to make sure that they just don't lay around over the break," he said. "They've gotta continue to keep up their cardiovascular conditioning and they've gotta be able to get into a gym. I don't expect them to pound themselves and go through two-a-days, but they can't just lay around for 10 days and then come back and expect to get off to a great start."

Here we go. Mafra has it right here what I'm talking about with Rambis being unlikely to play Derrick Williams significant minutes from here on out.

tiger0330

Legend
Here we go. Mafra has it right here what I'm talking about with Rambis being unlikely to play Derrick Williams significant minutes from here on out.
Might work out for the Knicks if DWill becomes unhappy with his minutes he may not exercise his player option and the Knicks can use his salary for more cap space. I think if AA also opts out the Knicks will be able to sign a max player.

mafra

Legend
We're probably going to have to shed an asset to jettison Calderon out of town. I hope this is why he is playing major minutes.

DWIll is the type of player you must baby... This tough love only drives him to become detached. You have to live with his deficiencies to accentuate what he excels at... And we need his scoring and athletcism...

Geez. If defense takes away playing time... Why is Jose getting minutes?

To me, we have to build around LT, DWIll, Grant, Melo, KP and Langston. It's up to the coaching to make them better. I know for a fact that Thinideau would have that group firing and improving...

We've seen flashes of that explosion in DWIll... His BBall Iq is low but he has the athleticism... You simply need to coax his will into putting in the effort and bringing the desire. Look how LT transformed his offensive game.

Kiyaman

Legend
I think our whole team are garbage performers in the 4th quarter, not just Porzingis and Grant. Also, fans who want to see Derrick Williams get more minutes are going to likely spend the rest of the season very disappointed since Rambis thinks Williams plays bad defense. Rambis is the guy who as head coach didn't want to play Kevin Love because Love's defense was horrendous.

Our TRI-ANGLE offense STINKS for reasons of not having three star-players that has no problem scoring off of broken plays .. which makes the 4th qtr. triangle offense system easy for our opponents to outscore our weak lineup
Calderon, Afflalo, Lance, Melo, n Porzingis

Coach Rambis shouldn't be mentioning the NO-DEFENSE players names .. without adding Afflalo n Melo name too.
Rambis loss that game because Rambis n Fisher couldn't get Melo Afflalo n KP to click in a couple of design plays this season.