Game Thread: New York Knicks @ MInnesota Timberwolves 8:00pm 2/20/2016

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Lopez on the court takes our offense n defense to its best level .. Why Fisher kept him on the bench in the 4th qtr. is a mystery.
Yup. It didn't take much basketball intellect to keep it going with Lopez. It was as if Fisher was doing it to screw things up.

tiger0330

Legend
Rambis needs to kiss Rolo's ass in the post game. Fish was playing Rolo 30+ minutes and then went away from it. Rambis needs to give Rolo consistent heavy minutes despite his occasional bad game. Kiya is right if Rambis wants to right the ship, Rolo before KP in crunch time.

Melo and Robin Lopez combine for 56 points and 27 rebounds. The rest of team made some minor contributions, but these 2 guys carried us tonight. Disappointed to see Porzingis has reverted to not being able to stay on the court due to fouls. Still, it's nice to get our first win in February. Now we need to see if this was a fluke or if we can start to get it going.

mafra

Legend
First win since Jan. 29th; first road win since Jan. 6th. Hard to get excited bc we all know season is over.

However, I would like to see this team show some fight and circle 40 wins as the goal. 26 games left... Shoot for 17-9. That gets you to 40-42... Show us something.

Melo and Looez were fantastic. Show some focus and bring this level of energy every quarter of every game.

tiger0330

Legend
Let's be honest, the TWolves are the WC Nets, bottom feeders. This was a must win not to lose 2 games to poor teams.

Glad for the W but the TWolves aren't very good despite Towns, Wiggins and Lavine all of whom have to improve. They need a physical big and 3 pt shooting.

Kiya mentioned Dwight but he's a little long in the tooth, they should be looking at someone younger.

Broadway

All Star
Let's be honest, the TWolves are the WC Nets, bottom feeders. This was a must win not to lose 2 games to poor teams.

Glad for the W but the TWolves aren't very good despite Towns, Wiggins and Lavine all of whom have to improve. They need a physical big and 3 pt shooting.

Kiya mentioned Dwight but he's a little long in the tooth, they should be looking at someone younger.

Yesterday was a case of the Wolves being worse than us. I think we swept the series against them. They're not any good, another yr of lottery results....just pathetic.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I stream the games online so I just saw this game today. Good win for the Knicks. I was looking for the triangle but it looks like that's still a work in progress for them. Melo was on fire! Lopez really stepped up.

I'd like to see Afflalo come off the bench. I was hoping he'd be a second scoring option for Melo but I haven't seen the consistency from him. I think the best we can hope is a sixth man situation. Way I see it we have three legitimate starters (Melo, Porzingis and Lopez). Calderon would be a good vet coming off the bench. Hopefully we can pick up an all-star and a legitimate starter in the off season then bring depth to the bench.

Kiyaman

Legend
I stream the games online so I just saw this game today. Good win for the Knicks. I was looking for the triangle but it looks like that's still a work in progress for them. Melo was on fire! Lopez really stepped up.

I'd like to see Afflalo come off the bench. I was hoping he'd be a second scoring option for Melo but I haven't seen the consistency from him. I think the best we can hope is a sixth man situation. Way I see it we have three legitimate starters (Melo, Porzingis and Lopez). Calderon would be a good vet coming off the bench. Hopefully we can pick up an all-star and a legitimate starter in the off season then bring depth to the bench.

Porzingis is not a starter! nor is Pozingis a 30 minute player .. New York HYPE can be ridiculous at times.
The only thing Porzingis performance has prove so far was he's not a BUST, and didn't deserve all the boo-hoo on draft night .. Is Porzingis a project? Hell Yeah! more than KAT, Okafor, Kaminsky, WCS, and Mudiay.
7.3 Porzingis is clueless of playing the paint.
The Knicks would be a .500 team right now if O'Quinn had receive half the playing-time Porzingis receive in a same 5 player lineup in our 57 games.

Truth b said .. All those Boo hoo boo on draft night were really aimed n directed at the "ZEN" Phil Jackson, who took a 37 win Knicks team n produced a 17 win Knicks team to get one of the top 3 picks.
All those BOOS on draft night has been the reason why our front-office Phil Jackson has made sure two career natural PF .. O'Quinn n Serafin only receive spot-minutes of playing time as the team center, which is out of their natural position PF.

I keep asking myself, were Phil satisfied with Calderon performance last season?".
If Phil was displease with Calderon performance the $8M he gave to Afflalo never would have happen, it would've been giving to a legit FA PG