Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New York @ Detroit 01/29 Game Thread (L 91-61)

Superstar

Originally Posted by a knick fan
    and im the one BEFORE the season started that said this team was mediocre when others were "so excited about the upcomming season". i wanted to unload BEFORE this debacle of the last dozen games. again, another example of how i am a realistic fan and too many others are hopelessly optimistic. admit it, many people thought the knicks were gonna be a good team this year. just like many people think that something good will happen this summer. just like many people think isiah is still great and needs time to build a team.
    Are you saying that Isiah shouldnt have time to build a team? Then I dont know what world you live in. Look how long it took the Bulls to become a decent team. Remember when the Pistons were a bad team. Without a messy payroll they were able to rebuild in 2 years. The Knicks have been in bad shape for 7 years (in terms of mamnagement, and finances) it will not take a year to make things better. All of this unloading talk. What are you going to replace them with. Unloading is not that simple. If you unload we'll still be in the same position we are in today. Maybe worse.

we will NOT be in the same position. we will be in POSITION to sign free agents, unlike right now. our position will be COMPLETELY different. maybe we will win the same amount of games, but our POSITION will not be similar. we will be in much better position.

isiah has not improved our position. its obvoiusly not fair to give a guy only one year, but based on his performance so far, he hasn't shown to be a good gm. hes going to clog up the payroll more. hes too desperate to try to build a team that wins immediately. thats why he wanted to get jalen rose (which would be another extra year of a max. contract). do u rally think jalen rose would all of a sudden make our team even close to good? no. but isiah has shown he doesnt care about our POSITION, he only tries to "win now". thats bad. so its not that hes had so little time, its what he has done in this little time, and what he has tried to do in this little time that gives indication that he is not going to make the knicks a better team.

basically, id rather win 20 games one season, 20 games the season after that, and then 60 the year after that more than id want to win 40, 40 and 40. i guess people like you dont. people like u would rather win 40 40 and 40.

Originally Posted by a knick fan
    basically, id rather win 20 games one season, 20 games the season after that, and then 60 the year after that more than id want to win 40, 40 and 40. i guess people like you dont. people like u would rather win 40 40 and 40.
    What so we are going to get to 20 wins eventually this season

Superstar

Look at the bulls before this year. No free agent considered playing for them. Dont asume what we all want. I want a Championship in NY so badly. My Point of view is that Isiah did a good job bulinding the Pacers on the fly, why can't he do it with the Knicks? This season is this season. I am digusted as well we are not even trying. They are getting worse to watch. Crawford and Ariza and Kurt seem to be the only ones playing out there. Free agents are hard to come by especially if your a losing fron chise with not promising players. The Suns werer lucky to get Steve Nash. If Shaq was still a Laker, Nash would be a Sun. Your point of view is solid I'm not arguing that. But I believe Isiah is doing a decent job interms of getting players. The Jalen Rose thing were reports nothing too solid. Only because Isiah found an interest and the NY media goes wild, and we know how gullable they can make us. Look knick fan, I'm really understand your point of view and I like your last post I understand it. But I think Isiah is doing it in unconventional ways. He got steph, he got Jamal, I think IT just needs a big man. He needs a big man. A good one. Solid one.

yeah, but i think the bottom line is, teams like chicago or phoenix a year ago had a real core of young lottery picks that had a lot of talent. we dont. we really dont have much of a future.

i think we need more than just a big man. actually, nazr mohammad is really putting up pretty decent numbers at the 5 position. id love to get someone like swift, who can run with marbury and crawford, but i dont think it can realistically happen. we'd also need a solid shooterat the 2 or 3, such as ray allen or michael redd. and we'd need more defensive minded players, and guys who can rebound like beasts (i think sweetney has the potential to become a very good rebounder (10+ per game)). still, we have a loooong way to go. and i dont want to wait that long before i feel good about the knicks as a team.