Game Thread: NYK@BOS Mar. 4 7:30PM

Kiyaman

Legend
I was thinking the same thing... They led by 8 with under 3 to go...

Nobody helps anybody and the moment a guard gets beat they stop pursuing. With all the penetrating guards blowing into the paint... I'n not sure we've forced 1 charge all season.

That layup by Bradley was classic defensive breakdown. 3 defenders watched Bradley drive right and go for easy layup. All 3 defenders basically stepping in one another's toes. Incredible.

I'm not sure if we do get 30 wins... Certainly won't be getting 34. How Calderon was on the floor down the stretch defies logic.

Also, not having a timeout left... Shows how good coaching wins you games and bad coaching costs you dearly.

What is Rambis head-coaching record again SMH
And MELO's leadership the last few games are the same as tanking
MELO been throwing away game after game tonight MELO teammates waited for the final 5 minutes to throw away the game

mafra

Legend
Rule #1: do not think
Rule #2: when you have low BBall IQ (see rule 1)

The Celtics called timeout and scored almost immediately ? Avery Bradley snaking in for a layup with 18 seconds remaining as the Knicks? pick-and-roll defense had another breakdown in the paint ? putting Boston back up one.

Anthony dribbled down the clock against Crowder, but the Celtics had a foul to give. Rambis said he hoped Melo could have created a shooting foul out of it, but he made no such motion when Crowder held him with 3.3 seconds left.

?I wanted to take the last shot, but I also knew they had a foul to give,?? Anthony said. ?I was trying to anticipate it.??

He didn?t do a good enough job and the Knicks had to inbounds without a set play.

?I couldn?t get them organized,?? Rambis said. ?A lot of confusion out there. That?s on me not having enough timeouts. I feel bad for the guys. They did so many good things.??

Did he shout out a play above the noise?

?Could you hear anything out there at that point??? Rambis asked. ?It was very difficult, but it?s on me. That?s my fault. I?ve got to have them better prepared in situation like that where we don?t have a timeout and give visual signal to them so they know what to get into.??

------////////////

What makes this loss... Listening to comments from everyone in that locker room... They're back to talking about moral victories. As if simply being competitive is something this team should aspire to. Geez. That should be expected and when they lose... It should be disappointing.

If they really put themselves in position to win they would've won the game.

mafra

Legend
Thomas penetrated the lane and set up Jared Sullinger for an easy lay-up. The Knicks elected not to call timeout and the result was Lopez misfiring on a jump hook. He appeared to be fouled but with no call made Evan Turner pushed the ball and hit a jumper with 36.4 second left.

The Celtics finally had the lead but it didn?t last long. With Anthony isolated on Crowder in the post, he calmly sank a turnaround jumper with 21.4 seconds left.

The Celtics called timeout and went for a quick strike; Bradley attacking the basket and getting a lay-up. The Knicks looed momentarily stunned. Without a timeout to call, Anthony began dribbling up court with Crowder guarding him. Crowder wisely fouled with 3.3 seconds left and allowed Boston to set up its defense.

This time, Marcus Smart was guarding Anthony, who took one dribble and launched a poor shot that wasn?t close

tiger0330

Legend
Was it as bad or worse than the three Westbrook took last week against the Clippers?
RW shot was a heave with enough time to maybe get a better shot and he looked like he was looking for foul and FTs instead of making the shot.

Saw Melo's shot, he had no time left but he shot it in form unlike RW but with Smart and another Celt all over him and way beyond the 3pt line, had to be a 30ft 3. Melos shot was bad because of where he took it from and the tight coverage but I think he had to take it.

Last edited: