[Article] Larry In N.Y. State Of Mind

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Larry Brown told The Post yesterday that coaching the Knicks has always been his "dream" job, and that he "loves" Knick President Isiah Thomas.
But Brown also spoke carefully about capping his Hall-of-Fame career in New York.

The Knicks, guided by interim Herb Williams, potentially face their future coach tonight at The Palace of Auburn Hills in Brown's defending-champion Pistons.

The 64-year-old Brown, born in Brooklyn and raised in Long Beach, L.I., is on Thomas' summer wish list, along with Phil Jackson — though Brown is under contract with Detroit for three years after this one.

The Knicks would have to give the Pistons compensation, perhaps a first-round pick and cash.

"I've dreamed about it a number of times," the Brown said in a phone interview from his Pistons' office. "Growing up there, being a Knick fan, of course it was my dream. And I've been passed over a few times. I'm an East Coast person. Red Holzman was my hero growing up. But I'm here. These people [in Detroit] have been wonderful to me. I want to do my job here and move on. I don't look at myself at coaching much longer."

http://www.knicksonline.com/getart.php?id=2257