2016 NBA Playoffs

Near wire to wire win by the Thunder in a must win game for the Warriors. Going to take a miracle for the Warriors to come back against the Thunder because they look like the better team at this point. I'm not going to cede the Cavs as the EC winner either the way they've played the last 2 games. Could the NBA finals be between the Thunder and Raptors?

Westbrook and Durant dramatically outplaying Curry and Draymond Green. However, if OKC can't finish this series in game 5, GS may completely get their confidence back and be more than happy to run off 3 straight to win this series.

I have no reason to believe Toronto can win either of the 2 games it needs to win in Cleveland to steal this series. A GS/Cleveland final still seems like a very realistic possibility to me, but yeah, it has not been the foregone conclusion a lot of us thought it would be.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Westbrook and Durant dramatically outplaying Curry and Draymond Green. However, if OKC can't finish this series in game 5, GS may completely get their confidence back and be more than happy to run off 3 straight to win this series.

I have no reason to believe Toronto can win either of the 2 games it needs to win in Cleveland to steal this series. A GS/Cleveland final still seems like a very realistic possibility to me, but yeah, it has not been the foregone conclusion a lot of us thought it would be.
More than likely you're right about the Cavs but the Raps haven't played with JV yet and still have this series tied. If I'm Casey I probably stick with BB but JV is a nice piece to have coming off the bench for the remainder of the series.

The Warriors are just flat out getting dominated by the Thunder, these aren't close games being decided by a couple of possessions and 50/50 balls but near blowouts by them. I was calling for the Warriors to win it all this year but the Thunder right now look like the best team in the WC.

Broadway

All Star
Exactly why Curry should have never been a UNANIMOUS mvp winner. It's like people really don't watch the games they are so captive in the mind and being duped by what's being force fed to them, including analyst. I've been saying this all the way since last yr, Curry is really good but he's incredibly OVERSOLD...

Also lol @ the notion the 72-10 Bulls would get treated like the Warriors have been....MUUUUUUWAAAAHAHHHHHHH!!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Whoever said Westbrook has been the number-1 best all-around PG in the NBA for the past 6 seasons were mentioning "True-Facts" .. Last night in Game 4 of the WCF .. PG-Westbrook put on another "Oscar Roberson" performance .. 36 pts, 11 rb, 11 ast, 4 stl, 6 TO in 41 minute of playingtime .. Thas Right! Westbrook had a Tripple-Double for a 118 - 94 WIN over ex-champ GS Warriors .. A 24 pt lead WIN!

tiger0330

Legend
Green strikes again... He gets all up in Kanter, causes contact, Green falls to the ground and while hitting the floor he (subtly) swipes out Kanter's foot... Kanter falls... Turns it over... Fast break GSW... Easy bucket. Not even a foul.

These refs... In all these playoff games... Have been awful.
Refs have been unbelievable this whole year. More bad calls then I can remember, remember all the bitching during the regular season by us.

Don't get it with Green, seems like blatant favoritism not to give him at least a foul on this trip and more likely it should have been a flagrant 1 because he flailed his legs.

Last edited:
Absolutely pathetic effort by Toronto tonight, now down 33 early in the 3rd quarter. Bottom line, the team with home court advantage doesn't need to show up on the road, but the other team, in this case Toronto, needs to be a lot better than this on the road. This series may go 7, but Cleveland has nothing to fear with how poor Toronto has played away from Canada.

105 - 66 in the 4th quarter in Cleveland. Sorry Raptors, your 2 wins in Toronto couldn't mean less right now. Just pathetic.

tiger0330

Legend
Well considering most expected the Cavs to trounce the Raps in 4 winning 2 games is a respectable showing. Love started hot, set the tone and snapped out of the slump he was in.

I was reading the Cavs have become the favorite to win in the finals but I think the Thunder match up with the Cavs very well. Going out on a limb and predicting a Thunder/Cavs final with the Thunder taking the Larry O'Brien trophy home this year.

mafra

Legend
Refs have been unbelievable this whole year. More bad calls then I can remember, remember all the bitching during the regular season by us.

Don't get it with Green, seems like blatant favoritism not to give him at least a foul on this trip and more likely it should have been a flagrant 1 because he flailed his legs.

Great job capturing this... After what happened previously, with the 2 groin kicks, to not call at least a foul on this play? Words cannot express the contempt NBA must have for fans to allow this kind of officiating.

OKC is finally healthy in May... And, no surprise, the first real playoff test GSW has in 2 years... Against a good and healthy team... They are on verge of losing.

To think OKC is now... What? 7-1 last 8 games vs SA and GSW in May... 4 road games... Wow.

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
Been a while since I posted here. really lost interest in the Knicks since we traded for Melo.

I would trade him without hesitation even for worse player.

Porzingis has a nice future tough.

Anyway all the crap comparing Warriors to 96 Bulls is a joke. Jordan could have been drunk and they would still destroy them.
Warriors don't play defence at all to allow 2 straight 70 pts in a half is a travesty. The only way they win games is by outscoring your opponent, but when 3's don't fall it all goes down. Westbrook is better than Curry I'm sorry but it's true.

Well considering most expected the Cavs to trounce the Raps in 4 winning 2 games is a respectable showing. Love started hot, set the tone and snapped out of the slump he was in.

I was reading the Cavs have become the favorite to win in the finals but I think the Thunder match up with the Cavs very well. Going out on a limb and predicting a Thunder/Cavs final with the Thunder taking the Larry O'Brien trophy home this year.

I get what you're saying, but falling behind by 40 points in game 5 of the ECF? If they get blown out again to lose game 6 or 7, I would be hard pressed to respect Toronto's effort despite games won.

Kiyaman

Legend

This video clip makes it obvious the officiating should get some of the success for the Warriors 73-9 season.
If the officiating are letting the Warriors get away with obvious fouls n flagrants in the postseason imagine how much stuff they let them get away with in the regular-season

pat

Starter
This video clip makes it obvious the officiating should get some of the success for the Warriors 73-9 season.
If the officiating are letting the Warriors get away with obvious fouls n flagrants in the postseason imagine how much stuff they let them get away with in the regular-season

Just like they let OKC get away with the offense foul before. Blatantly pushing aside rebounders with outstreched arms is the OKC equivalent of the Golden State moving screen. I guess refs are in a pickle here: Making sure Westbrook and Durant stay put in the OKC market region vs. not completely invalidating the 73 wins season.

Alright, here we go. OKC now down to 2 chances to finish off GS. Durant and Westbrook need to lead the charge to just bury GS as deep in the ground as early as possible in game 6 or they might be in trouble.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Western Conference postseason games are to PHONEY.
If OKC let Kanter get more than 6 minute playing-time in game-6 then OKC will win the series 4-2 ..
The Warriors are clueless of how to win against a Adam/Kanter/Ibaka rotation in the paint, without Geen getting suspended for the 7th game.

Well the Net-Work got what they wanted ..
The 6 games from each of the conference finals teams.

Could Lebron-Cavs SWEEP the Toronto Raptors in the playoff? YES! YES! YES! All-Day Everyday!
The Pacers shouldve knocked the Raptors off in the first-round .. (Thas why Larry Bird FIRED Vogel n hired McMillian the next week.).
The Cavs DEFENSE is outstanding! Lebron James personally took time-out to teach JR Smith how to play DEFENSE .. from last season to now i been watching JR Smith defensive-performance help the Cavs force opponents to make 3 to 5 turn-overs per game .. JR Smith never did that on the Hornets, Nuggets, or Knicks.
The Cavs had to help the poor Raptors win on their home court by the Cavs not playing their usual defensive method, plus the Cavs shot half of their FGA from the 3 ball line in both games in Toronto (41 shots from 3s) .. The Cavs never showed they were a 3-ball shooting team throughout the regular season games.
In Game 5 the Cavs EMBARRASSED the Raptors by taking a 30 pt lead early in the 3rd quarter, plus for the game the Cavs only took 20 3-ball shots .. when they couldve shot only 3s throughout the 2nd half having a 30 pt lead

tiger0330

Legend
Alright, here we go. OKC now down to 2 chances to finish off GS. Durant and Westbrook need to lead the charge to just bury GS as deep in the ground as early as possible in game 6 or they might be in trouble.
Yep, KD and RW need to finish the job in OKC. They do not want to go back to Oracle for game 7.

Toronto played well in games 3 and 4, but barely competed in the 4 games they lost to Cleveland, going home for good tonight in another 20+ point loss. It's hard to conceive any team in the East dethroning Lebron James and the Cavs in the next couple years.

Now, the question remains, can Lebron bring even a single championship to Cleveland. We've seen this show before. Lebron carries the Cavs to the Finals, but can't carry the Cavs past a much more talented Western roster.

tiger0330

Legend
Toronto played well in games 3 and 4, but barely competed in the 4 games they lost to Cleveland, going home for good tonight in another 20+ point loss. It's hard to ed conceive any team in the East dethroning Lebron James and the Cavs in the next couple years.

Now, the question remains, can Lebron bring even a single championship to Cleveland. We've seen this show before. Lebron carries the Cavs to the Finals, but can't carry the Cavs past a much more talented Western roster.
Put Lebron on any talented NBA team and they have a chance at a championship, if he was on that Raptors team instead of Carroll they would be headed to the finals.

Who the Cavs play may improve their chances of winning that championship for Cleveland. Play the Warriors and game 7 will be played in Oracle, play the Thunder and game 7 will be in Quicken. My head says WC will be the winner but my heart wants Lebon and the Cavs to complete the promise he made to win one for the Land.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
It's almost as if Games 3 & 4 were a way for Lebron to test his team... He was so passive in those games, it's as if he was using those games as a teaching tool... Preparing his team for the Finals.

OKC will win Game 6... CLE will win Finals in 6 too.

Kiyaman

Legend
Put Lebron on any talented NBA team and they have a chance at a championship, if he was on that Raptors team instead of Carroll they would be headed to the finals.

Who the Cavs play may improve their chances of winning that championship for Cleveland. Play the Warriors and game 7 will be played in Oracle, play the Thunder and and game 7 will be in Quicken. My head says WC will be the winner but my heart wants Lebon and the Cavs to complete the promise he made to win one for the Land.

Lebron is winning the 2015-16 Title .. Cavs win FINALS in 6 games!
It was to easy for Lebron to put together a winning 48 minute defensive team in the now WEAK NBA