2016 NBA Playoffs

I'm surprised by people's confidence not only that OKC will be able to finish off GS, but also that Cleveland will be able to win the Finals. Even on the verge of elimination, I still think GS winning 2 more straight against OKC and then beating Cleveland in the Finals is a very likely possibility.

tiger0330

Legend
I'm surprised by people's confidence not only that OKC will be able to finish off GS, but also that Cleveland will be able to win the Finals. Even on the verge of elimination, I still think GS winning 2 more straight against OKC and then beating Cleveland in the Finals is a very likely possibility.

Odds don't favor the Dubs in game 6. Teams up 3-2 in game 6 of the conference finals have won 19-10 when at home or 63% of the time in any round.

Yep, KD and RW need to finish the job in OKC. They do not want to go back to Oracle for game 7.
If the Thunder lose Game 6 the odds shift back to the Warriors. Teams that lose that game 6 have lost 8-10 game 7's.

Funny how perception works, if someone told you that OKC took GS to 7 in the WC finals before the playoffs began you probably would have said the Thunder had a great season. But now that they were up 3-1 after a couple of blowout wins, if they lose to GS you might say they choked the last 3 games if they wind up losing the series.

Kiyaman

Legend

I like Head-coach Tyrone Lue over Kerr in the FINALS .. who is Tyrone Lue?
Tyrone Lue were the defensive-player head-coach Phil Jackson needed to STOP the unstoppable Super-Star Allen Iverson from winning a RING in the FINALS.
If u have not notice in the regular season how much the Cavs dynamic defensive guard rotation has improve this season to the next level having 5 chemistry guards in Irving/JR/Shumpert/Dellavedova/and Lebron .. then u missed out.

Kiyaman

Legend
Odds don't favor the Dubs in game 6. Teams up 3-2 in game 6 of the conference finals have won 19-10 when at home or 63% of the time in any round.

If the Thunder lose Game 6 the odds shift back to the Warriors. Teams that lose that game 6 have lost 8-10 game 7's.

Funny how perception works, if someone told you that OKC took GS to 7 in the WC finals before the playoffs began you probably would have said the Thunder had a great season. But now that they were up 3-1 after a couple of blowout wins, if they lose to GS you might say they choked the last 3 games if they wind up losing the series.

The only way i see a game 7 .. will be Green going over-board to win game 6 by committing a Flagrant foul .. to be suspended for game 7.

Kiyaman

Legend
come on... everyone knows 'bron is the head coach...

And Tyrone Lue are the Cavs DEFENSIVE head coach .. Lue got JR Smith playing relentless defense every night for 30 minutes for two straight seasons .. JR has never played team defense for two games straight in his career.
This season the Cavs guards were the best defensive guard rotation in the east .. as if the Cavs took the 82 game season to prepare for a series against Curry/Klay/Livingston/IGGY

GAME 6 .. OKC vs GS
OKC grabbed the lead in the first quarter (23-20), OKC were only able to stretch the lead to 53-48 at halftime, GS Klay played hard in the 3rd qtr. but OKC ended the 3rd with a 83-75 lead .. the 4th qrt. Curry tied the score at 99 .............

mafra

Legend
What a choke job by Durant... He was awful in Game 6... Still was saved by his teammates, then he had 2 turnovers and 2 missed shots in finals minutes.

Move over Melo... There's a new sultan of suckyness (when it counts most).

Fortunately, for OKC, they still have 1 more shot... Refs will still heavily favor GSW.... So they better bring their A-game.

Like I said earlier today, team that got it done last year versus a team that has never got it done at this stage. OKC failed to slay the giant tonight and now GS in my mind looks very likely to not only win game 7, but repeat last year's Finals result.

tiger0330

Legend
Like I said earlier today, team that got it done last year versus a team that has never got it done at this stage. OKC failed to slay the giant tonight and now GS in my mind looks very likely to not only win game 7, but repeat last year's Finals result.
What a choke job by the Thunder and their stars KD and RW. Should have stuck with what I said about them when they lost game 1 to the Spurs, yes they have two stars but they ain't winning anything.

Up 3-1 in the series and leading for most of the 4th period and letting the game slip away from them. Odds don't favor them now esp in a tough building like Oracle, teams that lost game 6 have lost game 7 eight out of 10 times.

pat

Starter
What a choke job by Durant... He was awful in Game 6... Still was saved by his teammates, then he had 2 turnovers and 2 missed shots in finals minutes.

Move over Melo... There's a new sultan of suckyness (when it counts most).

Fortunately, for OKC, they still have 1 more shot... Refs will still heavily favor GSW.... So they better bring their A-game.

Sorry, I can't spot them being favoured by the refs. Iggy gets fouled on every possession close to the basket and Westbrook pushes off on each and every drive. That being said it's not over till its over and to be honest I think they learned there lesson. They paid heavily for disrespecting their opponents during the post game press conference after game 5 and they have won in Oakland before.
This is far from done especially since the league needs KD in OKC.

paris401

Starter
And Tyrone Lue are the Cavs DEFENSIVE head coach .. Lue got JR Smith playing relentless defense every night for 30 minutes for two straight seasons .. JR has never played team defense for two games straight in his career.
This season the Cavs guards were the best defensive guard rotation in the east .. as if the Cavs took the 82 game season to prepare for a series against Curry/Klay/Livingston/IGGY ........

ok.... you got me there.....

tiger0330

Legend
Sorry, I can't spot them being favoured by the refs. Iggy gets fouled on every possession close to the basket and Westbrook pushes off on each and every drive. That being said it's not over till its over and to be honest I think they learned there lesson. They paid heavily for disrespecting their opponents during the post game press conference after game 5 and they have won in Oakland before.
This is far from done especially since the league needs KD in OKC.
That home court at Oracle is huge. I don't see the Thunder taking 2-4 games there to win it. They blew it in game 6 in OKC.

Kiyaman

Legend
That home court at Oracle is huge. I don't see the Thunder taking 2-4 games there to win it. They blew it in game 6 in OKC.

OKC will blow it in Oracle .. if coach Donovan dont give Kanter any playing time in the 4th quarter.
Reminding me of all our losses when we did not give Rolo any playing-time in the 4th quarter.

For OKC to win in Oracle Donovan must give all 3 big men Kanter/Adam/Ibaka must receive over 24 minute of playing-time.
OKC last 2 Losses to GS .. Kanter received 6 minute playing-time in the 120-111 in Oracle, then Kanter received 11 minute playing-time in the 108-101 loss at home .. total of 17 minute playing-time in 2 loss games.
How important is Kanter? Kanter 3 minute performance to end the 3rd qtr. gave OKC a 8 pt lead to start the 4th qtr. with his strong inside presence in the paint ...
Why coach Donovan didnt let Kanter presence start the 4th qtr. to stretch the 8 pt lead to win the game ....... PHONEY!!!

Stranger things have happened, but it would likely take a team with a tougher mental make-up and better coaching than OKC to win a game 7 in GS after blowing 2 chances to deliver the killing blow to GS when their confidence was nowhere near as high as it is right now.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Congrats to the Warriors for coming back from the brink to win 3 straight to become the 10th team to come back from a 3-1 deficit to win a playoff series.

The 3 pt shot was the key the last 2 games for the Warriors with the Thunder shooting under 30% in the last 2 games and the Warriors shooting over 45% on 82 shots. I think Steph put to rest why he won the MVP and why he's better then RW in this series.

tiger0330

Legend
The Cavs are outgunning the Warriors in the playoffs from the 3 pt line averaging 33.2 attempts per game and shooting 43.4% to the Warriors 30.9 attempts and 40.4%. The Cavs shooting so many 3s you get the impression they realize that's the game you need to play with the Dubs, keep up or beat them at the 3 pt game otherwise you wind up losing like the Thunder did.

Real chance the Cavs could take the Warriors and the championship if they can beat the Warriors at their own game and play superior defense.

pat

Starter
The Cavs are outgunning the Warriors in the playoffs from the 3 pt line averaging 33.2 attempts per game and shooting 43.4% to the Warriors 30.9 attempts and 40.4%.

The question Westbrook and Durant avoid looking at is why this is. Just saying Curry and Klay were the better shooters is too easy. They trusted the system more, getting much better shots within the flow of the game. If Durant and Westbrook do not understand that this is the underlying difference, they cannot win a title without profound knowledge of system-ball and better sportsmanship.

tiger0330

Legend
Not sure if Anders Varejo planned this but he gets a ring regardless of who wins the Finals by virtue of the fact he played for both teams this year.

Kiyaman

Legend
The question Westbrook and Durant avoid looking at is why this is. Just saying Curry and Klay were the better shooters is too easy. They trusted the system more, getting much better shots within the flow of the game. If Durant and Westbrook do not understand that this is the underlying difference, they cannot win a title without profound knowledge of system-ball and better sportsmanship.

Head Coach Tyrone Lue .. Lebron-Cavs team over GS in 6 games in the FINALS.
Westbrook stole a game in GS .. Tyrone Lue will steal a game in GS, and so will Lebron
The Cavs are capable of sweeping GS, BUTT the NBA Net Work want 6 games in FINALS

Klay Thompson gets the MVP for the GS vs OKC series .. Plus coach Donovan gets FIRED for changing OKC winning rotation during the final 3 games of the series. OKC won 75% of their postseason games when C/F Kanter receive 20 minute of playing-time per game. In OKC last 3 games vs GS, player Kanter totaled 26 minute of playing-time throughout the 3 games .. 6 min game, then 9 min game, then 11 min game.
Coach Donovan also had a big role in GS winning 3 straight games in the series by shortening OKC rotation to a 6 man rotation vs GS 8 man rotation during the 3 games.

tiger0330

Legend
Head Coach Tyrone Lue .. Lebron-Cavs team over GS in 6 games in the FINALS.
Westbrook stole a game in GS .. Tyrone Lue will steal a game in GS, and so will Lebron
The Cavs are capable of sweeping GS, BUTT the NBA Net Work want 6 games in FINALS

Klay Thompson gets the MVP for the GS vs OKC series .. Plus coach Donovan gets FIRED for changing OKC winning rotation during the final 3 games of the series. OKC won 75% of their postseason games when C/F Kanter receive 20 minute of playing-time per game. In OKC last 3 games vs GS, player Kanter totaled 26 minute of playing-time throughout the 3 games .. 6 min game, then 9 min game, then 11 min game.
Coach Donovan also had a big role in GS winning 3 straight games in the series by shortening OKC rotation to a 6 man rotation vs GS 8 man rotation during the 3 games.
There wasn't one game where Kanter played more than 20 minutes, not even in their wins. Guess Donovan wanted to play small ball with the Warriors to guard the perimeter. The reason they lost is they flat out choked Game 6 with turnovers by both RW and KD late in the game along with not making shots at the end.

I hope Lebron and the Cavs can take the Warriors but my head still says Warriors but I would love to see the story book ending of Cleveland beating the big bad wolf and winning their first NBA championship.