2016 NBA Playoffs

tiger0330

Legend
He only got a flagrant 1 for the foul. I doubt he gets suspended but if he is that's big trouble for the Warriors. Game 4 is a must win for the Warriors.

tiger0330

Legend
He only got a flagrant 1 for the foul. I doubt he gets suspended but if he is that's big trouble for the Warriors. Game 4 is a must win for the Warriors.
Just saw he was -43 for the game maybe the Warriors would be better off w/o him in game 4. Let's see Kerr earn that COY and make some adjustments in game 4.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
It's the second time he kicked Adams in the groin... It was blatant... His excuses, and Kerr's defense, is downright insulting to fans... PHO & NYK both were potentially robbed of a title bc of punitive suspensions... Green has to be suspended for Game 4.

mafra

Legend
The funniest part of this is, not only does GSW avoid the suspension, but "upgrading" the foul is another slap in the face to OKC... Saying, yeah, he should've been kicked out of Game 3, but we won't suspend him Game 4.

Kiyaman

Legend
No suspension for Draymon. Flagrant 2 and a fine but he'll play in game 4.

The Bruce Lee kick jump-shot ,, has to be BAND!

WTF did Green receive a 25 thousand dollar fine for? accidental nut kicking? or intentional nut kicking?
It doesn't matter if thas the way a player shoot normally .. come playoff time defenders will challenge that move.
More than a few stars does that Bruce Lee kick move .. Green Dirk Kobe Melo etc etc .. That MOVE need to be BAND!

GAME 4 .. Cavs vs Raptors
Big Valanciunas missed game 4 .. back-up Biyombo had 14 rbd n 3 blks n outstanding hustle to help Derozan 32 pts n Lowry 35 pts to tie the series
The Cavs shot half of their FGA (83) from the 3s again (41) .. little to none transition from Lebron in the game

mafra

Legend
The NBA suspends D-Jones on his reputation, bc that foul wasn't even half as egregious as the Green foot swipe of the testes.

tiger0330

Legend
The funniest part of this is, not only does GSW avoid the suspension, but "upgrading" the foul is another slap in the face to OKC... Saying, yeah, he should've been kicked out of Game 3, but we won't suspend him Game 4.
The league should have left it a flagrant 1. Upgrading it to a flagrant 2 and not suspending him was like you say a slap in the face and idiotic on the part of the league.

tiger0330

Legend
GAME 4 .. Cavs vs Raptors
Big Valanciunas missed game 4 .. back-up Biyombo had 14 rbd n 3 blks n outstanding hustle to help Derozan 32 pts n Lowry 35 pts to tie the series
The Cavs shot half of their FGA (83) from the 3s again (41) .. little to none transition from Lebron in the game
Cavs looking human. KLove needs to play a lot better if they expect to beat the Raps let alone the WC champs. Their play the last two games is not going to win them a championship, Frye has been better than KLove, his 3 consecutive 3s got the Cavs back in the game. I guess you have to go with Love over Frye but he needs to step it up.

tiger0330

Legend
The NBA suspends D-Jones on his reputation, bc that foul wasn't even half as egregious as the Green foot swipe of the testes.
Saw a history of past incidents like this and 8/9 incidents of groin punches or kicks resulted in suspensions whether flagrant 1 or 2 fouls. Looks like the league should have suspended him based on what they have done in the past.

Lets see if the Warriors can capitalize on Green not being suspended because he was a non-factor in game 3.

pat

Starter
Saw a history of past incidents like this and 8/9 incidents of groin punches or kicks resulted in suspensions whether flagrant 1 or 2 fouls. Looks like the league should have suspended him based on what they have done in the past.

Lets see if the Warriors can capitalize on Green not being suspended because he was a non-factor in game 3.

Nah. It should have been downgraded to a regular foul. Selling fouls is part of the game and kicking out your feet is actually taught, not just to draw fouls but also to extent range. (sweep 'n sway). All the examples I saw, people were on the ground kicking out deliberately or, like in in the Jones-play, off the ball pointless kicking. In this one here two players bumped into each other and one of them bumped into the other's balls. Clearly the league want to see two things happening: 1.) A sort of David Goliath story (first against the Spurs and now against the Warriors. Clue: David always wins. 2. Making sure Westbrook and Durant stay put in OKC to secure that market.

tiger0330

Legend
Nah. It should have been downgraded to a regular foul. Selling fouls is part of the game and kicking out your feet is actually taught, not just to draw fouls but also to extent range. (sweep 'n sway). All the examples I saw, people were on the ground kicking out deliberately or, like in in the Jones-play, off the ball pointless kicking. In this one here two players bumped into each other and one of them bumped into the other's balls. Clearly the league want to see two things happening: 1.) A sort of David Goliath story (first against the Spurs and now against the Warriors. Clue: David always wins. 2. Making sure Westbrook and Durant stay put in OKC to secure that market.
I don't know about not suspending Green. Look at these 7 plays below and tell me Greens kick didn't deserve a suspension, it looks way worse than Dahntay Jones foul.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...s_574304ede4b0613b512ab3ec?h2v5i1nstl52joflxr

Kiyaman

Legend
The league should have left it a flagrant 1. Upgrading it to a flagrant 2 and not suspending him was like you say a slap in the face and idiotic on the part of the league.

Remember when the NBA suspended half the Knicks team for leaving the bench and not even getting involved in a fight?

Sounds like they at least upgraded it to a Flagrant 2 - which means he's closer to an automatic suspension, I believe if you get 3 flagrant foul you get a suspension. A flagrant 2 is 2pts. But it is supposed to come with an automatic ejection as well .. up grading it to a 2 after the game means suspension.

But if Draymond Green miss a game in the WCF or the FINALS thas a automatic loss for the GSW ..
Green's (Barkley) strong-body performance for 37 minute in the postseason has been the Warriors Top 3 effective players to win a championship ring.
I recall years ago in a past postseason when Ibaka went out with injury and OKC Durant and Westbrook loss the next two games so bad without Ibaka the OKC Thunder team look like it did not belong in the playoff.
I guess thas why OKC added Adam and Kanter along with Ibabka in their rotation.

tiger0330

Legend
Remember when the NBA suspended half the Knicks team for leaving the bench and not even getting involved in a fight?

Sounds like they at least upgraded it to a Flagrant 2 - which means he's closer to an automatic suspension, I believe if you get 3 flagrant foul you get a suspension. A flagrant 2 is 2pts. But it is supposed to come with an automatic ejection as well .. up grading it to a 2 after the game means suspension.

But if Draymond Green miss a game in the WCF or the FINALS thas a automatic loss for the GSW ..
Green's (Barkley) strong-body performance for 37 minute in the postseason has been the Warriors Top 3 effective players to win a championship ring.
I recall years ago in a past postseason when Ibaka went out with injury and OKC Durant and Westbrook loss the next two games so bad without Ibaka the OKC Thunder team look like it did not belong in the playoff.
I guess thas why OKC added Adam and Kanter along with Ibabka in their rotation.
That's true, upgrading it to a flagrant 2 means his next flagrant foul results in a one game suspension. Still after seeing those plays that guys got suspended for in the link in my previous post, seems not suspending Green wasn't the right call.

pat

Starter
I don't know about not suspending Green. Look at these 7 plays below and tell me Greens kick didn't deserve a suspension, it looks way worse than Dahntay Jones foul.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...s_574304ede4b0613b512ab3ec?h2v5i1nstl52joflxr

Dahntay Jones' foul was a completely different situation additionally, he took another shot at Bismack which makes the intend clear. The situation is completely different from a live ball situation like the Adams/Green play. First I thought it was intentional as well, but then I saw the footage of his usual style of selling fouls. I did nit see much of a difference. Give him offense fouls all night long to stop him from doing that (and a few others as well), but a flagrant foul, at least for me, implies an intent to foul and possibly hurt a player.

mafra

Legend
Green strikes again... He gets all up in Kanter, causes contact, Green falls to the ground and while hitting the floor he (subtly) swipes out Kanter's foot... Kanter falls... Turns it over... Fast break GSW... Easy bucket. Not even a foul.

These refs... In all these playoff games... Have been awful.

tiger0330

Legend
Near wire to wire win by the Thunder in a must win game for the Warriors. Going to take a miracle for the Warriors to come back against the Thunder because they look like the better team at this point. I'm not going to cede the Cavs as the EC winner either the way they've played the last 2 games. Could the NBA finals be between the Thunder and Raptors?

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
OKC Thunder gave GS their 2nd embarrassment LOSS
Game 3 .. 133 -105
Game 4 .. 118 - 94
I wonder what made OKC Thunders so aggressive on Warriors ..
The KICK?
The flagrant 1?
Or the non-ejection n non-suspension?

Kiyaman

Legend
Dahntay Jones' foul was a completely different situation additionally, he took another shot at Bismack which makes the intend clear. The situation is completely different from a live ball situation like the Adams/Green play. First I thought it was intentional as well, but then I saw the footage of his usual style of selling fouls. I did nit see much of a difference. Give him offense fouls all night long to stop him from doing that (and a few others as well), but a flagrant foul, at least for me, implies an intent to foul and possibly hurt a player.

Adam knocked the ball clear out of Greens hands then came the kick

Kiyaman

Legend
Near wire to wire win by the Thunder in a must win game for the Warriors. Going to take a miracle for the Warriors to come back against the Thunder because they look like the better team at this point. I'm not going to cede the Cavs as the EC winner either the way they've played the last 2 games. Could the NBA finals be between the Thunder and Raptors?

The Cavs are winning the next two games .. 4-2 series