This Delusional fool!!! Lord please help the knicks.. Please!!!

Tkf

Benchwarmer
As a person that has been a lifelong knicks fan and has been driven away from really liking this team since they obtained carmelo anthony, I ask the lord to please rid the knicks of this fool. I know He has more important things to worry about than basketball, but please do the knicks a solid...

This clown is undermining Phil jackson with his lies about thibs, his insisting on being part of the coaching search and Free agent recruiting. I mean for guy with more holes in his game than an old pair of socks, he should be focusing on his game... Get this fool out of NY.... and this comment by him, just shows how out of touch he is..LOL..

Granted, Anthony, who has a heady grasp of the triangle, needs help in the backcourt to take pressure off him and to complement a solid trio of himself, Kristaps Porzingis and Robin Lopez.
?I don?t think there?s another frontcourt that?s better than that,?? Anthony said. ?You just have to put the right pieces around that ? [We?re not] far away from taking that next step.??

He doesn't think there is a better frontcourt than Him, lopez and the string bean jump shooting 7 footer porzingis? ok, well maybe that wasn't a fair comment about porzingis but the dude is a jumpshooting 7 footer and he is rail thin, but this is just a bit of anger from me, so just chalk that up to me venting..

But come on now, not that far away from that "next step" ? lol carmelo no you are not far away from that next step, and that next step is becoming even worse than you were last year... I mean for the love of god, if this fanchise is ever going to recover it is going to have to get some real leaders in here, more talent, and I do mean a lot more talent and to get rid of this aging albatross.. who seems to be so out of touch with the state of the league right now... the talent gap between the knicks and 80% of the NBA is getting galactic and the more the front office and players continue to lie to themselves, the larger that gap becomes..

I'll start by saying this: It is crazy to say that we have the best starting frontcourt in the NBA. Best starting frontcourt in the NBA is San Antonio, Cleveland, OKC, Atlanta, or someone else in that category.

That said, just for fun, here is a link to Efficiency Difference stats for the NBA this season (when you click the link it may default to Playoff stats, so you may have to switch a tab at the top for regular season/overall stats):
http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/home/16/1-1-1

In review, efficiency differential is the number of points a team scores minus the number of points a team allows per 100 possessions. It is considered a predictor of future success by people who are into stats.

So, to summarize these stats:
Knicks had the 10th best frontcourt efficiency differential in 2015-16, which was +3.1
Knicks had the 25th best backcourt efficiency differential in 2015-16, which was -5.5

Again, definitely not the best frontcourt in the league by far, but it is not crazy to say that you give this team even an average NBA starting backcourt and we'd have a solid chance at being a 0.500 team and making the playoffs next season.

Not going to hold my breath though. I think it's lottery ball again next season.

tiger0330

Legend
I'll start by saying this: It is crazy to say that we have the best starting frontcourt in the NBA. Best starting frontcourt in the NBA is San Antonio, Cleveland, OKC, Atlanta, or someone else in that category.

That said, just for fun, here is a link to Efficiency Difference stats for the NBA this season (when you click the link it may default to Playoff stats, so you may have to switch a tab at the top for regular season/overall stats):

In review, efficiency differential is the number of points a team scores minus the number of points a team allows per 100 possessions. It is considered a predictor of future success by people who are into stats.

Knicks had the 10th best frontcourt efficiency differential in 2015-16, which was +3.1
Knicks had the 25th best backcourt efficiency differential in 2015-16, which was -5.5

Again, definitely not the best frontcourt in the league by far, but it is not crazy to say that you give this team even an average NBA starting backcourt and we'd have a solid chance at being a 0.500 team and making the playoffs next season.

Not going to hold my breath though. I think it's lottery ball again next season.
Nice breakdown htr10. I said in a thread that the Knicks front court could play with any in the league, certainly not elite because KP has a way to go and he certainly didn't show he was that much better than Turner and Kaminsky.

Lopez also has to show he can duplicate his second half performance for a whole season because he was meh the first half. So maybe not elite but at least competitive with Melo and with room to improve with KP being a 20 yr old rookie who can only get better and Rolo showing potential as a scorer as well as a solid defender.

I do agree with Tkf that Melo should have zero input into who the coach should be or what FA's the Knicks should be chasing, he ain't Lebron.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Rebuilding a Knicks team actually means getting rid of the 40 minute playing-time Ball-Hogger ISO-Melo.
The Lakers are finally able to rebuild their team without the 50 shots Kobe Bryant.
As long as the Knicks have ISO-Melo on the team there will be no-rebuilding or success in a triangle-offense

The Knicks did have a .500 record front-court in the 2015-16 season having ...
Lopez/Quinn/Melo, and bench front-court of Serafin/Porzingis/D.Will

TKF .... Your comment on Porzingis is true n factual, the league already have a 7 foot jump shooter in Dirk.
Why Knicks fans dont want to call it the way we all seen it night after night in Porzingis tier-3 level performance makes u DON'T want to respond to Knicks fans comments. Especially the Knicks fans in MSG that keep yelling from their seats to put Porzingis back in the game when it was Porzingis and ISO-Melo non-existing in the paint that had us losing by 10 to 20 points.
Porzingis type of talent never should've been given 30 minute playing-time, nor given a STARTER role over teammates O'Quinn, Serafin, D.Will, or Amundson.
It doesn't matter how much Porzingis improve over the offseason, next season Porzingis will still have bench-player talent

Paul1355

All Star
As a person that has been a lifelong knicks fan and has been driven away from really liking this team since they obtained carmelo anthony, I ask the lord to please rid the knicks of this fool. I know He has more important things to worry about than basketball, but please do the knicks a solid...

This clown is undermining Phil jackson with his lies about thibs, his insisting on being part of the coaching search and Free agent recruiting. I mean for guy with more holes in his game than an old pair of socks, he should be focusing on his game... Get this fool out of NY.... and this comment by him, just shows how out of touch he is..LOL..

He doesn't think there is a better frontcourt than Him, lopez and the string bean jump shooting 7 footer porzingis? ok, well maybe that wasn't a fair comment about porzingis but the dude is a jumpshooting 7 footer and he is rail thin, but this is just a bit of anger from me, so just chalk that up to me venting..

But come on now, not that far away from that "next step" ? lol carmelo no you are not far away from that next step, and that next step is becoming even worse than you were last year... I mean for the love of god, if this fanchise is ever going to recover it is going to have to get some real leaders in here, more talent, and I do mean a lot more talent and to get rid of this aging albatross.. who seems to be so out of touch with the state of the league right now... the talent gap between the knicks and 80% of the NBA is getting galactic and the more the front office and players continue to lie to themselves, the larger that gap becomes..
why are you bashing melo for being honest? He thinks the knicks are better than what their record showed and we should all agree that on paper the knicks looked decent. It wasn't until we saw how washed up Calderon and Afflalo that we realized we sucked. Melo is a star, KP almost won rookie of the year, and Lopez was a very good starting center...so I wouldnt say best front court but a very good one. The fact that we won barely over 30 games shows how bad our backcourt was.

Melo got some inside info on Thibs and shared it. It isnt undermining Phil lol...Phil is the one that is sitting on his hands! What has Phil done besides hire and fire a rookie coach and give us the worst season in knick history?

Melo loves the knicks and wants to stay here but it is obvious that the losing is getting to him and its getting to us all. Melo is not the problem, its the poor decisions by management and failure to surround melo with a good team. Melo is stupid loyal, he doesnt know when to give up the knicks. Its funny that you want him gone when he might be the most loyal knick in years.

Melo has gone through terrible management, high turn over, no real point guard and no decent second option since being a knick.

Im happy Melo spoke up, its clear that Phil is not involving him in the process.

paris401

Starter
Melo loves the knicks
Melo is not the problem, its the poor decisions by management and failure to surround melo with a good team.
Melo is stupid loyal,

Me-Lo doe not luv the knicks... he luvs the $$$ they could pay him... if he luv'd em, he would do a dirk or a Duncan for his team and that extra cash mite allow them to sign an A-Level point guard...

mind you, I have no problem with him taking the $$$$... none, but don't turn around and profess your luv for new York... that's B.S. you stayed for the $$$

Tkf

Benchwarmer

looking at these stats one thing I noticed is that the knicks frontcourt has one of the highest FG attempts and one of the lowest FG%.. I could only imagine of teams like the clippers, bulls, kings and grizzlies frontcourts were healthy that the knicks would be even further down the list...

This frontcourt isnt very good, an average starting back court may get you a few more wins... but .500 with this team? i don't think so...

Tkf

Benchwarmer
why are you bashing melo for being honest? He thinks the knicks are better than what their record showed and we should all agree that on paper the knicks looked decent. It wasn't until we saw how washed up Calderon and Afflalo that we realized we sucked. Melo is a star, KP almost won rookie of the year, and Lopez was a very good starting center...so I wouldnt say best front court but a very good one. The fact that we won barely over 30 games shows how bad our backcourt was.

Melo got some inside info on Thibs and shared it. It isnt undermining Phil lol...Phil is the one that is sitting on his hands! What has Phil done besides hire and fire a rookie coach and give us the worst season in knick history?

Melo loves the knicks and wants to stay here but it is obvious that the losing is getting to him and its getting to us all. Melo is not the problem, its the poor decisions by management and failure to surround melo with a good team. Melo is stupid loyal, he doesnt know when to give up the knicks. Its funny that you want him gone when he might be the most loyal knick in years.

Melo has gone through terrible management, high turn over, no real point guard and no decent second option since being a knick.

Im happy Melo spoke up, its clear that Phil is not involving him in the process.

I am bashing him for being delusional, and the only thing this dude loves is Money..

Tkf

Benchwarmer
Rebuilding a Knicks team actually means getting rid of the 40 minute playing-time Ball-Hogger ISO-Melo.
The Lakers are finally able to rebuild their team without the 50 shots Kobe Bryant.
As long as the Knicks have ISO-Melo on the team there will be no-rebuilding or success in a triangle-offense

TKF .... Your comment on Porzingis is true n factual, the league already have a 7 foot jump shooter in Dirk.
Why Knicks fans dont want to call it the way we all seen it night after night in Porzingis tier-3 level performance makes u DON'T want to respond to Knicks fans comments. Especially the Knicks fans in MSG that keep yelling from their seats to put Porzingis back in the game when it was Porzingis and ISO-Melo non-existing in the paint that had us losing by 10 to 20 points.
Porzingis type of talent never should've been given 30 minute playing-time, nor given a STARTER role over teammates O'Quinn, Serafin, D.Will, or Amundson.
It doesn't matter how much Porzingis improve over the offseason, next season Porzingis will still have bench-player talent

LOL, I know, but I was trying not to be so hard on porzingis, I think he has a shot to be a good player. franchise player? I don't see it... I do have a hard time with these 7foot and above players who play the perimeter but don't play like wing players.. Dirk plays like a wing player which is why he is an anomaly in this sport, for a guy his size.. Porzingis plays like a tall guy who likes to shoot and honestly isn't really that good at it yet from deep. Giving him the starting job day 1 was a mistake IMO, especially when you were not in full rebuild mode with this team. a lot of times, (especially later in the season once teams figured out that he likes to take running starts and jump over the back, so box him out) he became a tall, hand off outlet on the perimeter to carmelo. It wasn't enjoyable to watch at all...

Kiyaman

Legend
LOL, I know, but I was trying not to be so hard on porzingis, I think he has a shot to be a good player. franchise player? I don't see it... I do have a hard time with these 7foot and above players who play the perimeter but don't play like wing players.. Dirk plays like a wing player which is why he is an anomaly in this sport, for a guy his size.. Porzingis plays like a tall guy who likes to shoot and honestly isn't really that good at it yet from deep. Giving him the starting job day 1 was a mistake IMO, especially when you were not in full rebuild mode with this team. a lot of times, (especially later in the season once teams figured out that he likes to take running starts and jump over the back, so box him out) he became a tall, hand off outlet on the perimeter to carmelo. It wasn't enjoyable to watch at all...

u have to be hard on a rookie that showed no passing-skills as a big-man, which made KP decision-making performance poor by always staying on the perimeter to host-up shots while having a streak of poor fg% game after game. KP will shoot 33% in one game then 44% the next game then 38% the game after.
When we needed KP shot-blocking he wasnt there
When we needed KP rebounding he was never there
When we needed KP 3 point shooting he missed
When we needed KP scoring he was always having another bad shooting night.
And these guys are always mentioning "Rookie Sensation" as if KP has talent to win games.
I'm curious about our Knicks organization ...
Who decision was it to put KP in the starter lineup? plus who gave a 7 foot ROOKIE KP the Green-Light to shoot outside the paint?

Tkf

Benchwarmer
u have to be hard on a rookie that showed no passing-skills as a big-man, which made KP decision-making performance poor by always staying on the perimeter to host-up shots while having a streak of poor fg% game after game. KP will shoot 33% in one game then 44% the next game then 38% the game after.
When we needed KP shot-blocking he wasnt there
When we needed KP rebounding he was never there
When we needed KP 3 point shooting he missed
When we needed KP scoring he was always having another bad shooting night.
And these guys are always mentioning "Rookie Sensation" as if KP has talent to win games.
I'm curious about our Knicks organization ...
Who decision was it to put KP in the starter lineup? plus who gave a 7 foot ROOKIE KP the Green-Light to shoot outside the paint?

those are some good questions. I was talking with another poster off site and he wasn't thrilled with the idea of KP being handed the starting job without proving anything. especially with all the guys we signed this offseason that played his position.

I just don't seea legit perimeter player here, I see a tall guy who has a nice touch and can hit some threes...

tiger0330

Legend
Maxwell Ogden over at Fansided thinks the Knicks FC is pretty good based on this comment from an article he wrote. I share his opinion, certainly not the best judging by the Knicks record but I think they're pretty good.

Fresh off of a 32-50 season, it stands to reason that the Knicks are in need of a major roster overhaul. That’s far from the case, as New York has actually built one of the better frontcourts in the Eastern Conference with Carmelo Anthony, Kristaps Porzingis, and Robin Lopez.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting

Sadly I am inclined to agree. In the game's I've seen Melo seems to stifle the offense. I know this changed a bit when Rambis made the Knicks run more of a traditional triangle offense, but there's no better time than now to get something of value for Melo. If we keep him at least get the best available players to surround him with better talent. Everyone seems to be wasting each other's limited time.

Tkf

Benchwarmer
Maxwell Ogden over at Fansided thinks the Knicks FC is pretty good based on this comment from an article he wrote. I share his opinion, certainly not the best judging by the Knicks record but I think they're pretty good.

pretty good? there are a lot of "pretty good" frontcourts in the NBA..the problem with the knicks frontcourt is this. Getting old, carmelo is getting older and his game is showing it.. Less explosive, holds the ball longer.. Lopez clogs the lane and just isn't good enough to justify him doing so. Porzingis really has an undefined game... The knicks were 32-50 not just because the back court was not good. the frontline lacks versatility, really isn't that efficient and tends to plod up and down the court. the NBA has become a faster game. unless you have a hakeem type talent in the front court... slowing the ball down for your bigs is going to expose you in this league..

tiger0330

Legend
pretty good? there are a lot of "pretty good" frontcourts in the NBA..the problem with the knicks frontcourt is this. Getting old, carmelo is getting older and his game is showing it.. Less explosive, holds the ball longer.. Lopez clogs the lane and just isn't good enough to justify him doing so. Porzingis really has an undefined game... The knicks were 32-50 not just because the back court was not good. the frontline lacks versatility, really isn't that efficient and tends to plod up and down the court. the NBA has become a faster game. unless you have a hakeem type talent in the front court... slowing the ball down for your bigs is going to expose you in this league..
KP and Rolo are solid defensively, both top 15 rim protectors, only team with 2 top 15 rim protectors is GS and Ezeli backs up Bogut whereas KP and Rolo are on the floor at the same time. I agree about KP still trying to find an identity but I can't see him not getting better and Rolo who I thought was a stiff in the beginning of the season has come on as a better offensive player than I thought. I know some guys want Phil to get Dwight Howard but Phil should stick with KP and Rolo imo.

Rim Protection

http://nyloncalculus.com/stats/rim-protection/