If Blatt is hired then is Phil one foot out the door?

Paul1355

All Star
https://www.sny.tv/knicks/news/blat...-is-something-close-to-getting-done/175600912

According to Tommy Dee from theknicksblog.com and other multiple reports that you can find on bleachereport, etc...David Blatt is being considered for the Knicks head coaching job. Word around the rumor mill is that he not only met with Jackson, but that Jackson came away impressed.

Blatt's only blemish on his impressive resume is that he had a quick exit with the Cavs by being in disagreement with Lebron.

The pros outweigh the cons by a huge margin if we consider giving him the HC job. His record is better than 80-40, he went to the finals with the Cavs without Love and and an injured Kyrie. Cavs were a solid unit under him and if you watch videos he is a tough nosed coach.

Plus he is a thousand times more qualified than Rambis...

My question I want to raise is this...

David Blatt is close to Steve Mills and shouldn't we assume that if Phil hires David Blatt, would this begin the departure of Jackson and the inevitable rise of Steve Mills as President?

tiger0330

Legend
Woj wrote an article saying Luke getting hired by the Lakers would pave the way for Phil to return to LA, seems he's real close to Luke and obviously Jeannie Buss.

I think that will have more of a bearing on him returning to LA than Blatt getting hired. No question Mills takes over again when Phil leaves given his relationship with Dolan.

Kiyaman

Legend
Blatt is a one year experience NBA coach that Lebron seen to many era in Blatt coaching to allow him to stay for 2 season.

If Phil hire Blatt or Luke to be our head coach then leave for Jeanie comfortable bed, than we are F again by another GM

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
With all of this talk about triangle and seminars hiring Blatt seems strange to me. I think he's a good coach but based on what we've seen from Phil recently it doesn't add up.

tiger0330

Legend
With all of this talk about triangle and seminars hiring Blatt seems strange to me. I think he's a good coach but based on what we've seen from Phil recently it doesn't add up.
I don't think it's a good sign that PJ and the Knicks haven't hired Blatt yet. I guess if you're committed to the triangle like PJ is you don't hire the guy that has no experience with it over the guy that's run it for years.

Kiyaman

Legend
I don't think it's a good sign that PJ and the Knicks haven't hired Blatt yet. I guess if you're committed to the triangle like PJ is you don't hire the guy that has no experience with it over the guy that's run it for years.

I am curious .. what did Blatt do in his one season in the NBA that makes him so impressive to u guys?
Without Lebron and Phil Jackson trades, Blatt would've lead the Cavs to another top Lottery pick.

We need a coach that could take a team of NOBODY players and make them into a winning team.
Thas what coach Steve Clifford did for the Hawks, coach Brad Stevens are doing for the Boston Celtricks, and SVG are doing for Detroit, and what unemployed Mark Jackson did for the GS Warriors

tiger0330

Legend
Blatt wouldn't be my first choice that was Luke. Blatt I think is the best of 2 evils, great international r?sum? and did go to the NBA finals, Rambis just has a crap record.

I get what you're saying about Blatt and I've expressed doubts about the guy as well but if I have a choice between Rambis and Blatt, have to go with Blatt.

Kiyaman

Legend
Blatt wouldn't be my first choice that was Luke. Blatt I think is the best of 2 evils, great international r?sum? and did go to the NBA finals, Rambis just has a crap record.

I get what you're saying about Blatt and I've expressed doubts about the guy as well but if I have a choice between Rambis and Blatt, have to go with Blatt.

Later for the international network, we been losing our home network "The reason KP was BOOOO" .. we were band from national-network .. Blatt hasn't showed anything .. how many head-coaches were getting in line for the Lebronless-Cavs job?

Rambis? or Blatt? or Luke? I choose Rambis .. quicker to fire lol

Later for the international network, we been losing our home network "The reason KP was BOOOO" .. we were band from national-network .. Blatt hasn't showed anything .. how many head-coaches were getting in line for the Lebronless-Cavs job?

Rambis? or Blatt? or Luke? I choose Rambis .. quicker to fire lol

Yeah, I agree. If your faith is practically gone with the current Knicks regime (mine significantly faded with Thibs going to Minny), then Rambis should be your guy. Stink again next season, get the lottery pick, and be done with Rambis and PJ.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I don't know why Blatt is such the hot item either... And the fact his best buddy is GM Mills who's responsible for trading our lottery pick for a bum whose no longer even on the team

mafra

Legend
ESPN - 7/10/13

Andrea Bargnani is officially a New York Knick.

On Wednesday, GM Glen Grunwald announced that the team acquired Bargnani from Toronto for Marcus Camby, Steve Novak, Quentin Richardson (via a sign-and-trade), a first-round pick in 2016 and second-round selections in 2014 and 2017.

The transaction was finalized on July 2, but it couldn't be made official until Wednesday, when the NBA's moratorium on free-agent signings and trades was lifted.

"Seven-foot versatile players with a good midrange offensive game and an ability to stretch the other team's defense are hard to come by in this league," Grunwald said in a statement. "Andrea has proven to be a quality scorer who adds another dimension to our team. We are excited to add him to our frontline."

Coach Mike Woodson added: "Andrea has great size and can create huge matchup problems for our opponents. He can score both inside and out. He will be a great complement to Carmelo [Anthony], Tyson [Chandler] and Amar'e [Stoudemire]."

paris401

Starter
ESPN -
Coach Mike Woodson added: "Andrea has great size and can create huge matchup problems for our opponents. He can score both inside and out. He will be a great complement to Carmelo [Anthony], Tyson [Chandler] and Amar'e [Stoudemire]."

here is the actual translation of woodson's comments

''another tall, slow,white boy who can't jump worth a $hit, is more/less useless.. the fellow who traded for him better be looking for a new job, just hope he doesn't drag me down with him..''

jimkcchief88

All Star
Lol that's hilarious:) I thought Mills was involved in that trade but either way stupid moves like that one don't inspire confidence.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
A story recently came out that Blatt ran elements of the triangle as his go to play in Israel. One of his assistants said he didn't even know what they were doing was called the triangle in the states. If true this again proves the media doesn't know ****. Triangle offense lead two dynasties here and a championship in Israel.