Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bye to Marbury

Lurker

Trading Marbury is the worst thing this team can do. They need to hold on to him.

Superstar

Default Re: Bye to Marbury

Originally Posted by dr.carpy
    This post will probably get a lot of heat or get ignored as "stupid". I think if the Knicks want to move forward, they should lose Marbury. This guy is cancerous, and proven he can't lead. Check the track record. Minnesota got better when he left, Phoenix with Steve Nash is 2nd in the NBA. Kurt Thomas doesn't want Marbury there anymore either. Read SLAM magazine or check this [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

KT you gotta know that Cat is a SOLDIER!! I think while Marbury still carries some trade weight we should dispose of him, his salary, and especially his "me first" mentality. A team is only as good as it's leader. If that leader is Marbury, expect more futility. This team should move Crawford to the point, look at getting Joe Johnson from Phoenix in the off season. I think that Crawford is far more coachable than Marbury. It just a suggestion, so read this carefully before going berserk. A point guard is supposed to be an extention of the coach, a floor general, a true leader. How can a PG win the battle when some of the other soldiers won't go to battle with him 100%??? How many times has Nazr been open underneath while Steph is trying to put on a ball handling clinic up top? Too many. The NBA is too big, fast, and strong to not put those passes in when you have the window of opportunity. Here's the Knicks small window of opportunity...Trade Marbury.
    Well I was wrong the NYdailynews confirmed it. But I still dont think Steph is cancerous as you say. I'm willing for any change but only if it makes us better. I think KT should be the leader of this team. He is a captain, he is the true captain. Some captain we have in steph. I like steph a lot, i dont know if he is hiding some injuries that can be impeding his play. I'm glad KT is fighting. But i rather him getting into people's faces. Call 'em out in the locker room. BE ANGRY KURT, GET MADD KURT, BEAT EVERYONE IN THE HEAD.

kurt is angry,problem is few others are angry. jamal will shoot kurt will be kurt,azria will fly . but that only three guys.they say sm is hurt maybe he is,if he is he not like tt who is cleared to play but says he will wait or h20 iwho wants to play but his career is over.what happened to the career year nazr was having? why did sweetney regress and get fat again?jyd has no more energy? where da hell is vin baker?damn jalen rose at small forward and donyell marshall at power forward dosent sound to bad right now.we need a spark something to light a fire under these cold soldiers.

With all the anger and frustration that seems to be building up in the Knicks locker room this may very well bring the team back together and bring their intensity back...or it could completly backfire and put us in a even worse position then we already are in.

I read this perspective today and maybe addition and this article again suggests addition by subtraction of Stephon Marbury. Read [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and see if you agree with me and the article. I really think we should move Marbury while he carries some trade value. Marbury scored 33 Points. He only looks for his own offence first. A true PG like Nash showed look for the cast first, then score supplementary points. If the Knicks had more leadership, we be a lot better than we are. KT feels like one voice crying out, alone in the wilderness. It's time to move of the dead weight for components. The teams that win, San Antonio, Phoenix, Detroit, they have parts. This teams needs to define/assign roles. Whoever isn't willing to comply, should go elsewhere. This is why the Knicks have been so unsucessful. The rules haven't been clearly established. They need to be immediately.