Maybe he's not a leader, but he is needed.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
I agree...Sorta. You're only as good as the sum of your parts. Marbury continually fails when any sort of pressure is placed on him. Vince Carter has hepled a Nets team win that compared to the Knicks, let's face it...Stink. Carter has elevated his play, rebs better, assists more, his blks are up as well. That's what good players do. They exceed are expectations when normal guys would quit. TMac, Kobe, AI, and now VC wants some shine too. Marbury needs to grow up. He seems to not be responding to the coddle-fest in NY. He needs to be more accountable. Sure he doesn't have Shaq. So what, that's the case for 30 other teams. The Bocats have been blown out less than the Knicks. Questions we should all be asking:

1. Could we move Marbury for someone serviceable in order to get some cap relief?

2. Do Marbury's positives outweigh the negatives?

I think everyone knows I would like to see him go. He is extremely inconsistent and

NYKnicks15

Starter
first its james dolan and second he hasnt done anything really. our GM does everything. and right now because i want to see whats isiahs "plan" is...the only person we can complian about is scott layden that pos.

second we cant live in the past. it was a great point bout ewing and a healthy houston but were stuck with what we have. so we have to work with it or look to the future.

Out future does reside with crawford, ariza and sweetney. I love marbury and would love to keep him. but unless we only trade for better players we wont be able to keep him in signing free agents.

a knick fan gave me the logical idea to looking into the future stating the only way to succeed is by getting cap space. so really there are two ways to do it. with marbury and trade for better players or with without marbury and start fresh with young free agents.....whats ur guys decision?

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
crawford is a mixed bright spot - shot selection sucks and his D isnt super. hopefully hell want to improve those and if he does hell be a star

flynndog

Rookie
Isiah, Dolan, and Layden

Yeah Yeah I realized when I wrote tom dolan I had made a mistake. Anyway, what is the deal with this team??? They can't win a friggin game, I am so disgusted right now to be a Knick fan. I can't even bear to watch a game. Isiah doesn't know what to do with this team. I like and respect Herb Williams, but he certainly isn't the answer. Isiah really needs to pursue Phil Jackson, who everyone knows can coach. I am so sick of seeing Isiah looking over the shoulder of Williams or anyone else on the team. Either step in and coach the team, as you claim to be such a successful coach. Well, then step up and save this team from total disaster. And, Allan Houston healthy or not doesn't help this team. He was the worst deal the Knicks have ever made. For the amount of money he gets paid he should be an all star every year. SO, how many all star appearances does he have? 1. He sucks, he can't play defense, and when was the last time he took over a game? I am so sick of hearing about how if he was healthy the Knicks would be sooooo much better. That is such bullshit, why do you think no other team will even look at him. ANSWER: He doesn't produce anything for the team. Well, enough is enough and Isiah better do something drastic soon otherwise we will be waiting for yet another lottery pick. And then trade that away to another team knowing him. Ahhhhh Fuck Isiah, Dolan, and Layden you guys all suck the big one!!! :evil: :flippa:

NYKnicks15 said:
first its james dolan and second he hasnt done anything really. our GM does everything. and right now because i want to see whats isiahs "plan" is...the only person we can complian about is scott layden that pos.

second we cant live in the past. it was a great point bout ewing and a healthy houston but were stuck with what we have. so we have to work with it or look to the future.

Out future does reside with crawford, ariza and sweetney. I love marbury and would love to keep him. but unless we only trade for better players we wont be able to keep him in signing free agents.

a knick fan gave me the logical idea to looking into the future stating the only way to succeed is by getting cap space. so really there are two ways to do it. with marbury and trade for better players or with without marbury and start fresh with young free agents.....whats ur guys decision?

Blumatic

Rotation player
I finally know why Marbury hasnt been successful or lead a good team. Well first of all he has not benn on any good teams with good veteran players. But also he is a #2 palyer. A great one at that. He is, get this, a Scottie Pippen. A great player who can't win by himself. Pippen and Steph are leaders but # 1 guy type leaders. Pippen would never lead the Bulls like Jordan had. But Jordan could win with out Pippen. Marbury will not lead this team say like, a Kevin Garnett (I say his name a lot b/c I would love for him to come to the Knicks). Can you Imagine? Those to together again but in NY. Our team will probably be complete. All we would need is just some cheap player who can shott and defend. Oh, its nice to dream.

H20 OFFdaHizZLe

Benchwarmer
yo first of all kg and steph wouldnt be good together.....kg was the reason steph left the timberwolves....everyone should know that.....and all u people who are dissin allan houston, honestly i think u guys became knicks fans like yesterday cuz u guys dont understand how much houston meant to the knicks. he doesnt show a lot of aggression but even today he works hard every day so i wouldnt say stuff about him. u guys notice how every team marbury has played for was horrible and once marbury left the team became awesome?? look at the timberwolves, nets wen kidd came, and suns wen nash came....and i also dont think this is a coincidence....get stephon marbury out of new york. as "thegoldglover" said, u gotta get the tough players back in new york. and i really liked jeff van gundy's defensive minded structure. notice how we used to be the #1 defensive team in the league when van gundy was here. also, as much as phil jackson is an amazing coach, he wouldnt fit the knicks. honestly, do ANY of you think stephon marbury (pg) has the patience to go thru the triangle? HELLL NO!! thank you

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Sorry Blu, but I'd hate to leave Marbury in a room with KG. The odds of Marbury coming out alive would be slim to nil. You're aware that KG HATES Steph right? So for KG to come here, Marbury would have to be moved. Phil Jackson here wouldn't work. Simply from the standpoint that the Knicks playing the triangle?? To run that we'd need a dominant SG or C. That where the scoring is supposed to come from in that system (MJ, Kobe and Shaq). Hey Flynn, you might wanna try decaf. Where have you been the last oh....5 - 10 yrs? Did they have TV? Everyone knows Dolan and Layden have screwed this team up. So why are you mad at Isiah Thomas? Do you think he'll be able to wave his magic wand and POOF!! We win a championship? This is a "Rebuilding period". If you're not willing to wait for things to develop, then there are other teams in the Association to cheer for (unless there is currently someone holding you at gunpoint or ransoming a loved one unless you cheer for the Knicks). Yeah Houston contract sucks, but that's life. I think the Knicks should buy him out at 60% of his remaing contract at 25 mil. This would free up cap room, cause Shandon, John Amaechi come of the books as well. Then Penny, Moochie and TT are one year away from being goners as well. With cap room we can finally go get real pllayers.

H20 OFFdaHizZLe

Benchwarmer
i AGREE with dr. carpy. i think he's the most logical one out there. dr. carpy, THANK YOU! u make so much sense dude. everyone listen to dr. carpy

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
kg is a lover not a fighter. he seems like a pretty easy guy to get along with who is willing to give relationships second chances. i saw him greet marbury (i forgot where - it was either an all star game or before a knicks-timberwolves game), and the way they greeted each other, it definetely seemed like they could easily get along with each other. its really pretty simple, if you win, people get along and their differences are put aside. if you lose, those little differences become important. marbury and kg were young and weren't good enough at that time to win, and thats why their relationship soured. i think they could play well together. BUT, its silly to think we could get KG. how in the world is that going to happen??

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
allan houston has definetely done a lot for the knicks, there's no questin about it. but the fact remains, his contract is absurd and he clogs up the payroll and prevents the knicks from signing other better players. its not smart (and maybe a little cold hearted) to judge a player by what he has done for you in the past, you have to think about what he can do for you in the present and the future. and houston cant do much for us. we should have gotten rid of him at the beginning of the season when it might have been possible to do so, but at this point i dont know if there would be any takers.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
i wouldnt mind seeing marbury be traded. but, in his defense, i dont think the fact that every team he has been traded from has become good after he left really has that much to do with him. in minnesota, they were a young team. garnett hadn't become an mvp type player. they didn't have other good role players like sczerbiak, spree, and cassell. so minnesota only became good after garneet became better and they made other key additions. with the nets, same thing. marbury got traded before richard jefferson, kenyon martin, and kerry kittles all became great players. he never got to reap the benefits of having a great SF and PF to run up and down the court with him. same thing in phoenix - amare was just a rookie (or in his second year) and still learning his craft, marion was still improving, joe johnson wasn't a great shooter yet, and richardson wasn't even there. then, with the knicks, houston got injured, crawford hogs the ball, and there's nobody else around. its not really marbury's fault. but, with that said, i dont think marbury is a "carry the franchise on your back" type player, and i wouldnt mind trading him (along with houston) for contracts that will expire this season and young talent (if it could even be done).

NYKnicks15

Starter
it could be done but probably never will. hes not a carry the team on ur back player and i think everyone knows that. he needs that number one guy and hell be fine. we just have to trade for him or a group of good talent. thats the only way isiah sees it i believe.

H20 OFFdaHizZLe

Benchwarmer
A KNICK FAN is my favorite guy that ever makes comments in these things. i've seen many comments written by him but i agree with most of his stuff. A KNICK FAN rules!!! KNICKS rule!!!!!

Hoagies99

Benchwarmer
i still think marbury is a leader, i just seriously think he doesnt have enuf help. the rest of the guards and forwards other than k thomas r VERY inconcsistent, he cant do it all by himself, in like 6 of his last 7 games hes put up at least 30 pts per, some fantastic numbers, but when u look at the producticity of some other players, it is usually very low

NYKnicks15

Starter
very true. he has role players he doesnt have that number 2 or number 1 for that matter the he can go to. And unlike in MN (hopefullys he matured since then) he has to realize he needs to except the role of number 2 or 3 to make this team great....problem is we dont have anyone better than him!!!

in the rest of the teams defense they score less on a nightly basis because hes a shoot first PG and puts up big numbers for the most part. so they dont get a lot of shots off. BUT when they do they miss them anyways for the most part. look at crawford he puts up big numbers but WHY? cause he chucks up about 20 a night and makes less than half. marbury on the other hand shoots and makes them 47% shooting. hes efficient. and the only reason he has big numbers in losing games is because unlike Crawford or Tim he steps up to keep us alive.

by the way going to stats....in WINS Marbury averages 20.57 ppg....in LOSSES he averages 20.75....a .18 difference!!!...so its pretty lame to say we win more when he makes less...

Trin_Starr

Starter
H20 OFFdaHizZLe said:
we win more when marbury scores less

For once, role players stepped up and made their shots and Stephon didn't have to do it all by himself...It's about freaking time, don't you think?
It is very close-minded to make such a rash statement.
Have you noticed that in the games that Marbury puts up big numbers, it's because no one else on the team can score???
Trust me, if he can have games where the offensive load is evenly distributed, he wouldn't feel pressured to score and be forced to put up big numbers.

WiL8000

Rotation player
The reason for the lack of chemistry on this team, is lack of trust. The team doesn't trust eachother on the court. That's why you will see Marbury take over. In all his high scoring games he starts out passing alot, see's that no one is hitting shots, so he takes over and tries to do it all himself. Unfortunately that won't work consistantly unless you're Jordan. Bottom line, other people on the Knicks need to step up... Marbury should work on his perimeter defense, that's about it.