Should Isiah have given up kurt and JYD to get VC?

Big C

Benchwarmer
I think Isiah should have give up Kurt and JYD to get VC. With all the injuries this team is going through we could have really used VC.

NYKnicks15

Starter
yes most definetely. he could play our SF position and we could of used tim, penny, vin and the rest to trade for a decent PF

DownUnderKnick3

Benchwarmer
Yes it would of been interesting if the deal went through as VC could of played at the small forward spot and it would of allowed the Knicks to experiment with Tim Thomas at power forward or give Mike Sweetney more time.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Carter may have had his share of injuries, but right now he is 27 and in his prime - the guy is back to his old self and playing serious ball for NJ. He and Kidd are going to single handedly take NJ back to the playoffs
Isiah f#cked up - the whole knicks organization is a f#cking joke!

Big C

Benchwarmer
I think this was one of Isiah's biggest mistake. Not giving more pieces to get Vince. We will have see what Isiah does in the summer.

Trin_Starr

Starter
SourBizkit said:
Carter is so past his prime.

You guys should be thankin Thomas for not picking him up....

Shit, well if that's the case then we need to get all players past their prime because right now in the 22 games for NJ, Carter is averaging 25pts, 6 rebs, 5asts with a 41% 3 pt. FG

DownUnderKnick3

Benchwarmer
MrHoops said:
I think this was one of Isiah's biggest mistake. Not giving more pieces to get Vince. We will have see what Isiah does in the summer.

It did seem that when Vince was up for grabs that Isiah didn't put many pieces together to create a trade, i guess this was because we were sailing along smoothly at that stage of the season...if VC was still up for grabs now and we were playing the way we have the last month then im sure Isiah would be adding a few more pieces to a potential trade.

DownUnderKnick3

Benchwarmer
I think it pretty much came down to that when Carter was up for grabs Isiah didn't want to disrupt the team chemistry as at the time they were playing at the level he expected them to be at and he wasn't willing to take a risk on Carter.

If the Knicks were struggling early im sure he would of taken the chance on VC.

Definitely!

I think Vince just needed a change of scenery. He is a very marketable and now he's showing that he's a top 10 player in the league. Can you believe the only barrier the Knicks were facing to get Carter was that Toronto wanted Crawford?? Doesn't that look like a no-brainer now. :blah: