Call me crazy but I like Tim Thomas

Call me crazy but I like Tim Thomas. He is extremely unpredictable and unreliable but is dangerous as well. If he works to his potential he could be a monster in this league thanks to his physical attributes. I think we should hold on to Tim thomas until his contract runs out, unless we involve him in a good trade, and see how he has developed. I don't want anyone to say he has been underachieving his whole career and hasn't really maximized or grown into his potential because I know that. But, he does do some good things on the court and I kind of like him. LOL

DownUnderKnick3

Benchwarmer
It's the same thing everytime with Tim Thomas, he shows us flashes of how brilliant he could be with his size and athletic ability but he just isn't consistant and/or healthly.

Crazy?? I think you're smoking crack. :101:

Because he shows you ONE good game, doesn't mean anything. He needs to be consistent. I for one think Keith Van Horn is better than Tim Thomas.

NYKnicks15

Starter
If the nba had a factory where the produced players by a perfect mold. it would be TIM THOMAS!!! the size, the quickness, the ability to dunk, the ability to rebound, the ability to defend, the ability to shoot and score when ever wanted. the only problem is we have a DEFECTED model!!!!!! he has all these abilities and talents and doesnt produce on them. hes in his what 7th year?? theres not a lot of time for development. i like tim thomas, he seems like a nice guy and he shows excellent spurts of play but thats spurts and being nice doesnt make a great player....

Blumatic

Rotation player
I think we should keep all of our players and replace them as their contracts run out. We have better players than lasy year but we do not have a better team. If last years team was intact they would have gotten worse. Just let the excess skin shed.Let these contracts expire. Why not build through thr draft and free agency.

Big C

Benchwarmer
I have nothing againt Tim either. The only problem is when he does play well He does not get enough touches.

Hoagies99

Benchwarmer
thegoldglover said:
Crazy?? I think you're smoking crack. :101:

Because he shows you ONE good game, doesn't mean anything. He needs to be consistent. I for one think Keith Van Horn is better than Tim Thomas.

keith van horn destroys tim thomas. im currently watching the knicks heat game and hes laying horribly on both offense and defense

H20 OFFdaHizZLe

Benchwarmer
im not too sure

i agree with Hoagies99......keith van horn was a great player for us....he can play defense, sorta reboudn, and score....look wut he's doin for the bucks.....well tim thomas...yea he's ok but as everyone else says hes not very consistent, so i think we would trade him for someone that leaves it on the floor every night

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
i cant think of any players who had a lot of talent and still didn't fullfill any of it by their 7th year in the league. all the stars; kobe, tmac, iverson, kg - everybody - they all became great players by their 5th year. if you cant be good by your 7th year in the league, youll never be good.

and i think we should use that same analogy to judge crawford. he's a 2 guard - he SHOULD be the best scorer on a team. but if all he can do is score 20 a night be chucking up a lot of shots, im not impressed. he is a below average rebounder and defender. im giving him 2 years to show he can get better, and if he doesnt, id trade him.