Settle for a lottery pick?

Should we settle for a lottery pick?

• Yes, we are going nowhere and need cheap, young new players...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I guess, we have a chance of doing good the rest of the season though...

• No, we should trade now and get better this season, screw the draft

• Total voters

NYKnicks15

Starter
according to a mock draft at nbadraft.net if we stay this way we get our two picks at 7th and 37th....and if all works how they say it will....we get UNC's SG Rashad McCants and GT's SG BJ Elder...to outstanding players....the only thing im scared of is sticking around for the lottery pick and then Isiah picking some European project that wont work out like hes scouting for right now....whats your guys opinion??

Starks_boy

Benchwarmer
IT knows what he is doing, if he picks a new Dirk or a tony parker that might be great, but i trust in IT, if he has a good spot in the lottery he will catch a very very good player. Remember he selected Tmac some years ago... !!

But, i would like to make a last run for the playoff before the end of the season, dont you ?

Bruno

Benchwarmer
well isaha was in spain a month ago and he said he was trying to find how the european have a great shoot like peja,divac,pau, and they have good c players like pau. i don't know why but i thing he like rudy fernandes a young player i don't know if hes in this year draft or next but he will be a top player .
but hes trying to find any C player in europe.

dacash

Benchwarmer
well looking towards the future we have an energetic sf in azria and decent pf in sweetney all we need is a c, a pg, and a sg aA A SHOOTING guard i like the play of dijon thompson,we could pick a nice pg like daniel gibson i dont see a donimating centre in the draft.

NYKnicks15

Starter
according to reports he likes this 7 foot Center from France named Johan Petro. but its not like anytime soon hes just going to drop the whole roster and play Sweetney at PF Ariza at SF and then the rest of the rookies we pick as a starting line up. So we shouldnt just go for a C, SG, or PG...go for whatever will stockpile this team on the bench and help in anyway. if were still as low as we are now he should def. pick McCants

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
I think the Knicks should stay away from centers from France. Remember Frederic Weis? If you don't he's the guy VC dunked over on the last Dream Team that won AT 2000 Olympics. Wow that dunk was a monster!! If you don't recall check the link below. Oh yeah, we picked this guy ahead of some kid...I think I remember his name..Oh yeah!! The guy's name was: Ron Artest (Thank you Scott Layden)

http://probasketball.about.com/cs/v/vincecarterdunk.htm

I hope you all realize I'm kidding about French centers. But I have a few
players I like, but we'd have to finish low in the standings to have a shot.

Rashad McCants (Explosive Offense has an NBA body right now)
Andray Blatche (6'11 athletic and offers us good size, if he puts on weight, could be the next KG Type)
Chris Taft (Plays good defense,with Aguirre mentoring him or Blatche could be dynamite)
Marvin Williams (I like this kid seen him and McCants running the two man game...Scary potential here folks!)
Hakim Warrick (Syracuse baby!! Already in the area and familiar with playing at MSG...Scoring machine...Need I say more??)

NYKnicks15

Starter
yea right on with Hakim Warrick and who knows maybe Ariza could switch over to the SG spot like he is doing now that Jamals hurt....then we got Sweetney PF Warrick SF and Ariza SG thatd be nice....

as i do love Hakim and have had the priveledge to see him play at a game SU!!!!, if we pick Mccants i wont be angry to say the least. hes a great SG and ur dead on just like LeBron when he came in he already has that NBA Player body. If all goes well we could get Elder in the 2nd and hed play good at PG. this draft even though it is somewhat weak and I see a lot of teams going for chances on European prospects...i think itll be good to try to win and see what happens make no trades and just build next year via trades and draft.

PF Mike Sweetney
SF Hakim Warrick or Trevor Ariza
SG Trevor Ariza or Rashad McCants
PG BJ Elder or someone along that lines.....itll be VERY nice

NYKnicks15

Starter
Even though id love to have a good shooter in McCants (48%)...3s (40%) or just a flat out beast in Warrick 20 ppgs & (56% shooting)....

well if we stay the way we are now, were going to be number 7. at the moment Taft is slated to go maybe 2 picks before that, most likely to Utah. BUT you have to somewhat believe Isiah is going to go for a big man. Taft fits that bill even though hes 6'10...but that is the same size as Nazr. he scores 14 ppg in 27 mins with 7 boards...and hes from Brooklyn which is a plus. Most likely though Isiah will go for that European project of Johan Petro from France. but reports go hes not much of a project, 7 foot 260 and one of the most dominant players in europe. can run the floor, good winspan...im just scared to get another weis

now im not going to kiss Isiahs a** but he has a pretty damn good track record when it comes to the draft....ex. Damon Stoudamire, ex. Tracy McGrady ex. Trevor Ariza and even the odd pick of Primoz Brezec who mite i add is doing a hell of a job in Charlotte at the moment...

dacash

Benchwarmer
wow anybody read up on ronny turiaf? he sound like one hell of a power forward. i like taft for all thoise reasons i just hope we get something.

dacash

Benchwarmer
draftcity.com has us picking deron williams from illionos in the first he is a pg/sg and pg aaron miles from kansas

Mousquetaire2

Benchwarmer
Johan Petro play in the same team Mickael Pietrus (GSW) and Boris Diaw (Hawks) used to play with. This is a very good team, one of the best for teaching to young players and develop them. Still, he is very young (19 since january27) and for some centers, it take more time to become really mature. He doesn't play a lot with his team, he is averaging nealy 6 pts and 3 rbd 55% in 14 minutes. but he gets more time, he always respond, like 18 pts in 26 minutes...He is way more talented than Weis, he is faster, he can move more easily, he can drive to the basket, shoot from mi-range......I think that if he is drafted, he won't play a lot in his first season, but after 2/3 years, he could be really good...Turiaf (also a compatriot, a french guy playing for the knicks: a dream come true for me...) could produce immediately, he is 6 10 249lbs and averaging 16.6 pts 9 rbd 1.8 blk in 31 min for Gonzaga. He is really good! but do we really need another PF? No, unless we trade one...

NYKnicks15

Starter
were re-building so well take whatever we can get as long as it helps in the long run. and of course we need another PF especially one sizign up at 6'10...seeing thats the same size as our center. we desperately need bigs anyways thats why the 7 foot youngster Petro would be good at the moment

dacash

Benchwarmer
nbadraft.net has us now picking nemanja aleksandrov a sf/pf from serbia and adray blatche a sf/pf from ny(high schoolers)