New York @ Philadelphia 02/14 Game Thread (L 106-105)

rady

Administrator
Staff member
knicks_100.gif
vs
76ers_100.gif

Lineups:

New York Knicks ( 20-31 ) :: 7-19 on Road
stephon_marbury.jpg
trevor_ariza.jpg
nazr_mohammed.jpg
tim_thomas.jpg
kurt_thomas.jpg
herb_williams.jpg

Philadelphia 76ers ( 25-26 ) :: 14-9 at Wachowia Center
allen_iverson.jpg
andre_iguodala.jpg
samuel_dalembert.jpg
kyle_korver.jpg
corliss_williamson.jpg
jim_obrien.jpg

Game Time: 7:00 PM EST
TV: MSG, MSGHD
Radio: 1050 ESPN

Game Recap:
Sixers 106 - Knicks 105

NYKnicks15

Starter
Marbury on AI3....it going to be Ariza on AI4...TT on KK....KThomas on Williamson....Nazr on Dalembert....were actually pretty matched up.

CENTERS Nazr and Dalembert are pretty evenly matched. size wise. stats on the other hand nazr averages bout 5 more ppg and 2 more rpg. we have to remebmer nazr has the injury that will most likely slow him down..even with that said i dont see Sam having a big night...RATING (e)

POWERFORWARDS Kurt Thomas and Corliss Williamson. Kurt out of the ordinary out sizes his opponent. KT is 2 inches taller and this will be good for us. Kurt likes that 15 feet jumper and Corliss doesnt have great ups to make that block so this will be a plus for the Knicks. by the way Kurt out rebounds this guy by 6 rpg...RATING (+)

SMALLFORWARDS each team beats eachother by an inch or 2 in all the situations EXCEPT for TT on KK. if Tim some how plays D for once he has this player beat. hes 4 inches taller than him. He just needs to stick on him. we are VERY weak to well pretty much anything that concerns D but primarly the three ball. and boy can this kid shoot the three. we have the size advantage BUT Ill have to say since Tim plays no D whatsoever much like the rest of the knicks...RATING (-)

SHOOTINGGUARDS Ariza and Iguodala are both exciting explosive rookies. both engergetic, can take it to the hoop. both are ranked high in steals per game. its tough but this should be a highlight of the night watching these two rookies go at it....RATING (e)

POINTGUARDS Marbury vs Iverson. a point guard fans dream. there stats are basically even. in assists, steals, rebounds. if steph plays some d and works his 2 inch height advantage to maybe get in AI3's face it should be good. if not...well if not then we have a 60 point AI St.Valentine's Day Massacre on our hands....RATING (e)

pretty evenly matched teams, its just a matter of who puts forth the biggest effort, in my opinion...GO KNICKS!!!

lose or win i dont care. we lose (we get a better draft pick) we win (yay for us) haha

rady

Administrator
Staff member
thanks for the preview, it's great

i really want us to win. i don't care about the rest of the season, just win this game!! that will close the mouth of a friend of mine..
last time we played at philly we overcame a 19 points deficit in 4th quarter and we beat them in OT, what a great game that was...

rady

Administrator
Staff member
oh.. i just asked sixersonline.net to a fansite challenge, so i might need a banner in case we win. prolly won't happen

WiL8000

Rotation player
Hey rady, if we win, I"ll be glad to do the banner.....
and man, that win yesterday was about time!!!

dacash

Benchwarmer
that was a damn nice game outcome sucked ass but damn we tried came back and damn as much as could cry im happy they are finally playing with passion herb is better than i thought

rady

Administrator
Staff member
oh man what a comeback.. too bad for that one second... :(

also, i'm really glad to hear they're playing well again, even though we lost some games lately they were all close ones. i do believe that what was worst has passed and we can expect some wins

the banner from sixersonline.net was sent to me and will be displayed in the next 6-7 hours

Blumatic

Rotation player
At this point keep them losses coming. his only improves our draft position. If were gonna win something let's win the lottery.

Trin_Starr

Starter
This one hurt alot. But I think Herb messed up by running the last play for Nazr. If we look at the opening tip, Nazr didn't even attempt to jump for the ball, cause his groin injury is so bad....then to only play 20 mins in the game - u know his injury had to seize up - the dude had no flexibility as it resulted in him missing. TT should have been the better candidate for that last shot. One of the reasons Isiah brought him was for his atlethicism. He is the same height as Nazr and 10lbs lighter- he would have been able to lay up that ball with his left uninjured hand.

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
clyde blamed it on his injury and how he doesnt have his ups but i dunno it was thrown a bit off i still say he shoulda had it

Trin_Starr

Starter
The pass was indeed a bit off, and that is why Herb should have put a more atlethic person to catch it - TT or even a play for ariza would have done the trick!

Mousquetaire2

Benchwarmer
I didn't see the game, AI was 31 at the half. did marbury forgot to defend on him? he scored only 8 in the 2nd half, did marbury woke up or Ai just lost his touch?

Trin_Starr

Starter
The only reason AI had 31 at the half was because he got a technical cussing out a ref for a non call and then after that, the refs were kissing his a$$, calling so many phantom calls that sent him to the line....it was ridiculous!