Tank the season in. Tank it ASAP.

Blumatic

Rotation player
Therer comes a time in a season where teams have to postion themselves the best way the can in the post season. You mus evaluate your team and see where they are going. The Knicks, though semi-competitive in their games must start to tank in to get ready for the lottery. Nothing will save this mess this season. Therer is no point in trying to make the playoffs. If we do we will be one of the worst 3rd or 8th seeded teams to make it and they will probably get swept very easily. The knicks have nothing. They are no good. This goes beyong the statement of "best point guard" by Steph. This is a team that can not win.
Our biggest margin of victory was by 18 pts and are largest lost was by 34 pts. If you have watched thid season you see thatthis team does not have it at all. They just don't have. So if werer gonna win something lets win the lottery and get the best pick we can get.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
I agree that we have underachieved this season, and I know many people believe there is a time to tank the season, however, nobody in a high position working for the knicks will ever say that. Especially when one of the most firey competetors in Isiah Thomas is with us. Herb Williams isnt about to sacrifice any dignity as a coach by letting us delbretly lose. Maybe we should just get a high draft pick, thats easy for fans to say, but not for coaches, and personel.

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
Before the trades we made I was saying that we should tank the season. But now after the trades I think we should make a run for the playoffs. Now we have 3 1st Round Picks and are going to get talent out of the draft. Why not try and make the playoffs through the weak Atlantic.

DownUnderKnick3

Benchwarmer
I have to agree with Coleman, before these trades i would of said forget about this season and start positioning ourselves for the next but now with these 2 first rounders we have we should make a push for that spot in the Atlantic.

We have 3 first round picks and 2 of those we have no control over where they are positioned, sure it would be great to have a shot at a guy like Bogut but most likely he's going to go a team like the Hornets.

We need to keep pushing, we have things set up nicely now for next season with expiring contracts and wealth of draft picks so why don't we give ourselves something to build on for next season by making the playoffs.

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
DownUnderKnick3 said:
I have to agree with Coleman, before these trades i would of said forget about this season and start positioning ourselves for the next but now with these 2 first rounders we have we should make a push for that spot in the Atlantic.

We have 3 first round picks and 2 of those we have no control over where they are positioned, sure it would be great to have a shot at a guy like Bogut but most likely he's going to go a team like the Hornets.

We need to keep pushing, we have things set up nicely now for next season with expiring contracts and wealth of draft picks so why don't we give ourselves something to build on for next season by making the playoffs.

Exactly, we are not going to finsih below the Hawks,Hornets,Warriors etc. Even if we get to the lottery we will only have 1 ball so it would be hard to get that pick. LETS GO TO THE PLAYOFFS!!!

NYKnicks15

Starter
to get to the playoffs we would need the Philadelphia Sixers (Dalembert, Webber, Iguodala, Korver Iverson) and the Boston Celtics (Raef LaFrentz. Antoine Walker, Ricky Davis, Paul Pierce, Marcus Banks) yes those teams to lose a considerable amount of games while we attempt to win with the Knicks (Kurt Thomas, Mike Sweetney, Tim Thomas, Jamal Crawford, Stephon Marbury)....do you actually see that happening????

By the way we have 2 first rounders this year and 2 next year. we get the suns pick this year at most likely 29-30th and ours at whatever spot we get.

What does going to the playoffs give us again? What doest that give us to build on? Money? A player? A Gold medal? nah last time i checked it gave us nothing. soooo in the long run its best to be mediocre i wouldnt mind finishing about 3rd in the atlantic and not making it. it wont hurt my feelings any ive accepted the fact that we need help. and all this playoff run will do is give us a boost of disillusioned assurance.but yea whatever go knicks

:thewave: .....i like Johan Petro better whos slated to go late in the draft if you see him on tv like on nbas international review show hes 7'0 incredible wing span and can run the floor. hes got a great nba body for being 18....but yes Bogut or Taft would be good also

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
NYKnicks15 said:
to get to the playoffs we would need the Philadelphia Sixers (Dalembert, Webber, Iguodala, Korver Iverson) and the Boston Celtics (Raef LaFrentz. Antoine Walker, Ricky Davis, Paul Pierce, Marcus Banks) yes those teams to lose a considerable amount of games while we attempt to win with the Knicks (Kurt Thomas, Mike Sweetney, Tim Thomas, Jamal Crawford, Stephon Marbury)....do you actually see that happening????

By the way we have 2 first rounders this year and 2 next year. we get the suns pick this year at most likely 29-30th and ours at whatever spot we get.

What does going to the playoffs give us again? What doest that give us to build on? Money? A player? A Gold medal? nah last time i checked it gave us nothing. soooo in the long run its best to be mediocre i wouldnt mind finishing about 3rd in the atlantic and not making it. it wont hurt my feelings any ive accepted the fact that we need help. and all this playoff run will do is give us a boost of disillusioned assurance.but yea whatever go knicks

:thewave: .....i like Johan Petro better whos slated to go late in the draft if you see him on tv like on nbas international review show hes 7'0 incredible wing span and can run the floor. hes got a great nba body for being 18....but yes Bogut or Taft would be good also

Are'nt the picks we got from the Rockets for this year.

Knicker Bocker

Benchwarmer
You guys keep saying make a push for the playoffs, but even if we do we won't even be close to the 76ers and boston. I think we're down by 5 1/2 games and now the 76ers are being compared to the heat and detroit. I f we start winning we're only hurting ourselves becuase the more wins the worst our draft position gets and we also won't make the playoffs anyway because the 6ers and boston are gone start winning alot too, so is NJ. Start preparing for next season.

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
Knicker Bocker said:
You guys keep saying make a push for the playoffs, but even if we do we won't even be close to the 76ers and boston. I think we're down by 5 1/2 games and now the 76ers are being compared to the heat and detroit. I f we start winning we're only hurting ourselves becuase the more wins the worst our draft position gets and we also won't make the playoffs anyway because the 6ers and boston are gone start winning alot too, so is NJ. Start preparing for next season.

We are 5 games out, and who cares what people say. It is hard for teams to get a great player and then be amazing for a half a season. We have beaten the sixers 3/4 times. I agree they are better than us but we can still win the division.

DownUnderKnick3

Benchwarmer
Brian_Coleman_21 said:
Knicker Bocker said:

We are 5 games out, and who cares what people say. It is hard for teams to get a great player and then be amazing for a half a season. We have beaten the sixers 3/4 times. I agree they are better than us but we can still win the division.
Thats true, we shouldn't worry about what the other teams are doing, we have enough things to worry about.

Philly and the Celtics still have to go out there and show they are improved teams, at the moment it's all talk.

tiger0330

Legend
Zeke looks like he has pretty much given up on this season, making trades for the picks and stocking up on PFs. BS on his and Marburys "We made this team better" with the trades, you can't get all these guys onto the floor at the same time, if Herb puts Mot at the SF and Rose at C we are screwed. Those guys are going to get abused by the other teams if they play out of position other than the 4.

Boston and Philly have really made themselves better and are probably going to compete for the Atlantic title and the playoffs.We are going to have to wait until next year but Zeke will have to have a great draft and make a deal or two to unload or trade some of these PFs for some talent. I don't like the trades, we are now stuck with Rose and Taylor and the most movable PFs are Sweetney, KT and TT next year.