New York vs Philadelphia 02/24 Game Thread (W 113-101)

DownUnderKnick3

Benchwarmer
I don't like the losing but i agree even if we do make the playoffs it wont achieve much although it would give us something going into next season.

We should defeat Philly today to get us on the right track.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
this was a big win, now we have some momentum we can get the two new guys and keep on rollin'... great performances from the Thomas'

:thewave: :gony: :thewave:

JaDaMeL05

Benchwarmer
The Rockets are really startin to look like an Ex-Knicks team. Now they have norris and baker. LoL, good win by the Knicks, they blew it open in the 4th. Thomas duo was bustin ass.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
lol, jadamel, i like your sig, after this game maybe more people will believe in Tim Thomas again, i know hes starting to win me back.

Im glad Moohie is back with Houston, apparantly he's a fan favorite and when he was traded here, a lot of people were upset, good luck Moohie... and to Vin, lets hope Houston doesnt have too many bars :happydrunks:

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
This was a big victory for us. We picked up a much needed win and played a strong second half both offensively and defensively. We have to take this intensity and our new players against Indiana.

DownUnderKnick3

Benchwarmer
Despite my previous post i do beleive now we need to make a playoff push. With the 2 trades we have already set ourselves up for the draft and have our expiring contracts to work along with that. If we can get some momentum with these new guys that will hopefully bring not only some offence but some tough defensive ability which is what we need to compliment our offence.

A very solid win today, we were solid not only offensivley but defensivley aswell. Great to see both the Thomas's play well, Tim espicially...seeing him play like that just makes you wish he could put up points like that every game.

Great to see Sweetney start, people are saying that his minutes will go down because of these trades but i beleive it will be the opposite. He know's the system the Knicks are in unlike Rose and Taylor and is playing well enough for him to keep that starting spot and force both Rose and Taylor to battle for his spot or for the back up minutes behind him.

NYKnicks15

Starter
yea but what expiring contracts? We only have Tim and Pennys. Nothing else. We lost vins, moochies, brewers, nazrs to get more SMALL power forwards with BIG contracts. Kurt and Sweets will probably get traded this offseason. :(

JaDaMeL05

Benchwarmer
Maybe Kurt, but Zeke isnt crazy enough to trade one of his under-paid younger players like Sweetney. No way.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
great win
yesterday was one of the most happiest days of my life.
not only that the knicks made some trades (although i'm really sorry for mohammed, i wish we had kept him), the knicks beat philly, knicksonline won the fansite challenge vs sixersonline (btw, wil or anyone who has some spare time, i need a 268x180 banner of the win), but my team Steaua Bucharest eliminated Valencia from UEFA cup (2-0/2-0) after penalty shots! :D
this is something that will be remembered :p

rady said:
great win
yesterday was one of the most happiest days of my life.
not only that the knicks made some trades (although i'm really sorry for mohammed, i wish we had kept him), the knicks beat philly, knicksonline won the fansite challenge vs sixersonline (btw, wil or anyone who has some spare time, i need a 268x180 banner of the win), but my team Steaua Bucharest eliminated Valencia from UEFA cup (2-0/2-0) after penalty shots! :D
this is something that will be remembered :p

Sorry for Mohammed??HAHA. Funny you should say that because he probably is excited as hell. He got sent from the firey ball of hell we call the knicks to the championship favorites as the backup center!!! Dont feel sorry for him lol.

Bruno

Benchwarmer
the knicks will improve with those trades and can win more games also yesterday the refs where really bad for the sixers .
but i have to say the knicks played really well in the last period scoring most of his shoots .
radi the steaua played really great but in the final steaua will lose in the final in the stadium of sporting here in portugal :lol: .sporting2-1steau with niculae scoring the goals.

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
Bruno said:
the knicks will improve with those trades and can win more games also yesterday the refs where really bad for the sixers .
but i have to say the knicks played really well in the last period scoring most of his shoots .
radi the steaua played really great but in the final steaua will lose in the final in the stadium of sporting here in portugal :lol: .sporting2-1steau with niculae scoring the goals.

In the first half the Knicks were getting hacked down low and there was no calls and in the second half the same thing happened to the Sixers. Overall it was an inconsistently called game.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
the sixers were complaining about every call in the first half they deserved to not get any good ones in the second, now they know what its like to be on the knicks.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
Brian_Coleman_21 said:
Iversom should have been thrown out of the game. He threw the ball at the ref and then threw a temper tantrum.

yeah, he threw it at him, got a technical, and then he was suprised?? what are you thinking AI, you cant chuck the ball at the ref. :shrug:

DownUnderKnick3

Benchwarmer
Peach_NYK_21 said:
Brian_Coleman_21 said:
Iversom should have been thrown out of the game. He threw the ball at the ref and then threw a temper tantrum.

yeah, he threw it at him, got a technical, and then he was suprised?? what are you thinking AI, you cant chuck the ball at the ref. :shrug:
Haha yeah later on he admitted it was a stupid technical to get and he deserved it.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Bruno said:

hopefully, we'll pass of villareal too :lol:

btw, the banner that should be up on sixersonline.net fior a week will look like this:

fsc_so_0224.jpg