New York vs Philadelphia 02/24 Game Thread (W 113-101)

rady

Administrator
Staff member
knicks_100.gif
vs
76ers_100.gif

Lineups:

New York Knicks ( 21-33 ) :: 14-12 at MSG
stephon_marbury.jpg
trevor_ariza.jpg
nazr_mohammed.jpg
tim_thomas.jpg
kurt_thomas.jpg
herb_williams.jpg

Philadelphia 76ers ( 26-27 ) :: 11-17 on Road
allen_iverson.jpg
andre_iguodala.jpg
kyle_korver.jpg
chris_webber.jpg
samuel_dalembert.jpg
jim_obrien.jpg

Game Time: 7:30 PM EST
TV: TNT
Radio: 1050 ESPN

Hope i got sixer's lineup ok

Fan Site Challenge
www.sixersonline.net

Game Recap
Knicks 113 - Sixers 101
Video Files

Mousquetaire2

Benchwarmer
They will be dangerous if they already have Webber, but he will be lost, he won't know the systems (well, in philly, the only system is :give the ball to AI), so we have to take advantage of that! Show them we don't need C-Webb to win!!

Trin_Starr

Starter
I hope Webber plays tonight - and pummels the knicks front court with a triple double say 19pts, 12rebs and 11asts - shows knicks fans what they could of had - and then some irate fan goes up to Isiah and bitch slaps him, wiping that gay ass smirk off his face.

Sorry people, I have alot of pent up aggression - I feel like everyone else is getting better whilst the knicks are more than content to swim in their own piss!

WiL8000

Rotation player
Well Webber is going to kill us now, the Knicks traded Nazr, and Baker, that leaves Sundov as the only true center we have left, this season is over.... Now the Knicks have Malik Rose, that was a good trade lol, I'm not feeling what Isiah is doing now.. the Titanic is sinking fast.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
one question about our probable starters in the first post. Crawford's gunna start right? and will KT start at center, and will this finally mean a start fore big daddy sweets, oh please let it be a start for Sweetney, and show everyone just how productive he can be.

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
I think our starting lineup is gonna look like this:

PG-Stephon Marbury
SG-Jamal Crawford
SF-Tim Thomas
PF-Mike Sweetney
C-Kurt Thomas

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
also another question... will our ne wguys malik rose, and maurice taylor, be at the game.. personally i cant see why not, they've had hours to get here but then again... if we dont we end up having about 8 guys ready for game time

mrj18

Benchwarmer
Rose and Taylor aren't playing tonight and Nazr isn't either but honestly you guys want Webber???? Why? We made the greatest trade ever and people are complaining? Anyway, I'm taking the Knicks by 10 and Webber probably isn't playing either.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
mrj18 said:
Rose and Taylor aren't playing tonight and Nazr isn't either but honestly you guys want Webber???? Why? We made the greatest trade ever and people are complaining? Anyway, I'm taking the Knicks by 10 and Webber probably isn't playing either.

well that is a downer, but if webber doesnt play then we have have a chance, b/c they will be without kenny thomas, corliss and whoever they gave up, however the webber trade happened yesterday and hes probably going to play biut i pray he doesnt, :pray:

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
Peach_NYK_21 said:
mrj18 said:

well that is a downer, but if webber doesnt play then we have have a chance, b/c they will be without kenny thomas, corliss and whoever they gave up, however the webber trade happened yesterday and hes probably going to play biut i pray he doesnt, :pray:

No, Webber is not playing tonight.

http://www.nba.com/games/20050224/PHINYK/preview.html

4th Paragraph.

NYKnicks15

Starter
no the Titanic is not sinking....we got Malik and Maurice to back up Sweets when we trade for a center using KThomas this offseason. i think he knows what hes doing on this one. and we got 2 first round picks i believe...

WiL8000

Rotation player
Well we have to wait and see. What pissed me off the most was losing Nazr, he was developing nicely. Everyone else we let go of I'm cool with. Adding 32mil eliminates any slight chance to get another star player, we'll have to depend on our young guys to step up, and hope Isiah makes some good trades this summer.

emul0

Rookie
nice 1st quarter by jamal 11/2/6 if he can find the zone....damn we have to win. hate all the L's this season

Mousquetaire2

Benchwarmer
Rose and taylor are both guys who will bring us a lot of energy! We got 2 draft picks and Zeke will certainly make One or two big trades this offseason in order to bring the players who will bring us to an NBA titles. If no more a problem if he trade kurt, we still have 2 good power forwards who can really play (not like Baker...)

NYKnicks15

Starter
i love the losses. we have a SLIM chance of making it to the playoffs. we have NO chance of advancing. So why rack up the W's in a dieing effort when we can just get a better pick in the draft. We do get the Spurs picks this year but seeing theyll probably go far in the playoffs if not win the whole thing thats the 30th pick. so a low pick and a high pick in the first round sounds good to me.

emul0

Rookie
k, thats right...but i don't like it although. hehe losing is easier now, we're hardly underseized and kt in foultrouble

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
emul0 said:
k, thats right...but i don't like it although. hehe losing is easier now, we're hardly underseized and kt in foultrouble

Yah, but we are still in this game and Sweets needs to stay out of foul trouble now that we are samll.