Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New trades

Veteran

actually Kurt Thomas excelled at the Center spot back when he was forced to play that spot i believe. but i mite be wrong. I think well get a center in Petro in the draft and be okay or trade for one in the offseason...

Bad news though. Knicks.com the official site of our new york knicks have released the news that we have acquired Maurice Taylor...nothing on Malik Rose yet....but heres the downer we get maurice taylor for Vin Baker, Moochie Norris and OUR second round pick of the 2006 draft. WE DONT GET A FIRST ROUNDER!!!!!!!!!!! or so knicks.com says

Veteran

sorry i wanted to correct myself....we dont get any picks in the Taylor trade. we actually lose our second rounder in 2006.

We get two picks in the Rose trade (which by the way hasnt even been finalized yet!) we get rose and the spurs (suns) first round pick this year and the spurs first round pick in 2006....so in all actuality we ONLY get two first rounders this year and one second rounder.

Originally Posted by NYKnicks15
    Bad news though. Knicks.com the official site of our new york knicks have released the news that we have acquired Maurice Taylor...nothing on Malik Rose yet
    thats nothing new for nyknicks.com.. they're webmaster sucks, i think alot of guys that run these sort of fan pages do a much better job.

yeah it's still layden to blame

Originally Posted by emul0
    yeah it's still layden to blame
    he really did pull a screw job over on us didnt he...

Veteran

I dont really have nothing to say important about Layden. Just he signed Allan to that huge extension. He traded Camby away. He traded Spreewell away. He traded Ewing away for Rice. He traded Mugsy and Rice for Shandon Anderson and Howard Eisley. Hes a loser. and i saw him make a comment about the Knicks before they played on NBATV and flat out hes a douchebag!! Can I say that? Well thats what he is. Im sure Rady wont mind it if i cant when its about Layden....but on the bright side he did select Sweetney :P

I agree Kurt excelled when he last moved to the centre position, i remember him winning a player of the week award while playing there. Alot of the respect hes garnered around the league is from when he performed well playing there.

Superstar

Yah, Kurt Thomas despite the height can play the center position. He is a very strong and aggresive player.

And now KT is going to be matched up with bigger, and hopefully slower players he should get those mid-range looks alot more, and that being his forte will get better stats, and a larger role on the team.

With Sweets and KT in frontcourt, knicks reboundin should go up ALOT. And sweetney should develop more. Ariza also gets more minutes comin offf da bench.

definently, i can see Ariza being a star player on the knicks in 3-5 years, its going to be fun watching this kid develop

Superstar

Ariza is a star in the making. I heard Steve Kerr say tonight that he is going to be a future all-star and he will be with that intensity and desire.

Originally Posted by Brian_Coleman_21
    Ariza is a star in the making. I heard Steve Kerr say tonight that he is going to be a future all-star and he will be with that intensity and desire.
    a knick all-star?? perish the thought....

Originally Posted by Peach_NYK_21
    And now KT is going to be matched up with bigger, and hopefully slower players he should get those mid-range looks alot more, and that being his forte will get better stats, and a larger role on the team.
    Yes that is a great point, Kurts game really excelled when he moved to the centre spot as he had the ability to knock down those mid-range jumpers, he has been such a better player since.

Veteran

yea as I read others reports though, and yes you can say Im leaning over that edge.

NEGATIVE-But we just took too big contracts of tiny forwards that no one wants. they are clones of sweetney to an extent. Taylor is overweight. and Malik is 6'7. Why do we need these guys someone tell me a legit reason??? The tallest guy on our team is 6'10 and his names Tiny Tim cause he plays like a 6-1 player. We have no center and 5 power forwards. Sweetney will most likely lose his starting job or many minutes because of this pick up. We have a total of four guards. One by the way who sits in a suit and collects 17 million on the bench. I no this is throwing in the towel until the offseason but damn. it doesnt leave us in a pretty position as if we had the expiring contracts of Tim, Penny, Vin, Nazr, Brewer, Sundov, Moochie....

POSITIVE-We picked up a first round draft pick for this year. Making that two and one second rounder. We got two players who will actually play and produce. Isiah said it during the Knick game, i traded away 4 players 1 that played a lot of minutes for us and 3 that played barely any. I guess hes right, the point of expiring contracts is to trade them away for better players.

IN ALL we got a first round draft pick. (which Marbury says you cant rebuild by the draft haha). We got rid of our center (which Isiah says wasnt a true center for us haha) We picked up to undesirable contracts that no one else will want to deal with. Sweetney and Kurt will more than likely get dealed this offseason. if Kurt gets dealt for a true center ill be happy. if Sweetney gets dealt period i dont see Isiahs big plan AT ALL. Oh by the way we could of got Drew Gooden from the cavs but Cleveland didnt want KThomas' contract...Whos going to want it next year?