Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many picks do we have?

Default How many picks do we have?

According to the NY Post and Newsday, we have 4 first round picks in the next two drafts (2 in each draft). However, I swear we traded our 2006 1st round pick in the Marbury trade giving us only 3 picks in the next two year. Can anyone let me know whats up with this?

Superstar

I was wondering the same thing. I thought we had 3 this year.

im not sure, but i think that the draft pick that we were supposed to give to phoenix this year was lottery protected, and we are most likely going to the lottery, so i guess that pick is ours. but im not sure if we now owe phoenix a draft pick next year?

Veteran

2005-This year we have our original draft pick and we picked up the suns via trade when we traded Nazr and Jamison for Malik Rose. We also have our original 2nd round pick TOTAL: 2 first round & 1 second round

2006-We have our original pick and the San Antonio spurs' through the Mohammed trade. We dont have a second round pick as we gave that to Houston in the Taylor deal. TOTAL: 2 first round

We gave away our 2004 first rounder and a future one which i believe is a 2007 first rounder to the suns in the marbury trade.

thanks for clearing that up, atleast now we know where we stand, lets hope isiah can bring us some young... and hopefully tall.... talent

Superstar

Originally Posted by NYKnicks15
    2005-This year we have our original draft pick and we picked up the suns via trade when we traded Nazr and Jamison for Malik Rose. We also have our original 2nd round pick TOTAL: 2 first round & 1 second round

2006-We have our original pick and the San Antonio spurs' through the Mohammed trade. We dont have a second round pick as we gave that to Houston in the Taylor deal. TOTAL: 2 first round

We gave away our 2004 first rounder and a future one which i believe is a 2007 first rounder to the suns in the marbury trade.
    Ok, thanks. We are pretty good shape for the draft.

I have a feeling we won't even use some of those draft picks as i can see Isiah making one of those draft day trades.

Veteran

No Problem guys

Yea expect for Isiah to trade Kurt and a the Suns first round pick for someone...hopefully a suspected Curry sign and trade or the same with Kwame Brown.

I think Isiah has high hopes on gettin Petro. and i encourage everyone to watch that NBA TV international show if you get it. This kid is 7'0 from France with an incredible wing span and runs the court very efficiently.

I hate brown and Curry. IT don't trade for them. The're overrated

Originally Posted by Knicker Bocker
    I hate brown and Curry. IT don't trade for them. The're overrated
    i agree that Kwame isnt as good as he could be, but Curry is the oposite of overrated, atleast this season.. Many expected the Bulls to be a jumpshooting team with little inside presence, and Curry has become a lot thiner, and more athletic, put on muscle, and has given the Bulls that option, when their shots arent falling. I wouldnt mind seeing Curry in NY, but not Kwame.

Veteran

When Kwame at 6'11, is not on the IL he averages 10 ppg and 7 rpg in 30 minutes. not too bad for someone paid 5.3 million less than Nazr's. But i dont think hes overated. because no one over credits him. BUT i also dont think hes an awfully great player by no means...

Curry on the other hand i like immensouly. hes also 6'11 but in 29 minutes he scores 15+ ppg and 5 rpg. i dont think hes overated frankly because no one gives him any credit. it all goes to Deng, Gordon or Hinrich...

Who would you like as our center then? reasonably...especially for that price? there arent to many big guys in the league that put up those numbers or too many true centers either.

Originally Posted by NYKnicks15
    Who would you like as our center then? reasonably...especially for that price? there arent to many big guys in the league that put up those numbers or too many true centers either.
    thats what im saying, we cant look to trade for our center, we need to get him in the draft.

Our 1st round pick goes to Utah via Pheonix if not in lottery.

Superstar

Originally Posted by Knicker Bocker
    Our 1st round pick goes to Utah via Pheonix if not in lottery.
    This means the pick is lottery protected right. I do not think we will be going to the lottery though.

I'm not really sure but I think it means if we don't grt to pick in the lottery we get to lose our 1st round pick to Utah. I don't like this.