• GOOD!! thanks isiah

7 58.33%
  • BAD!! thanks for the debt zeke

5 41.67%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TRADES GOOD OR BAD??

Originally Posted by Knicker Bocker
    He's a "draft" gm not a "trade" gm.
    i sure hope so, i sure hope so. He has been doing a very good job of scouting these past couple months, so i wouldnt be suprised if he has found someone interesting.

Veteran

yes that is true he is a draft gm. ex. Primoz Brezec. ex. Tracy McGrady...no Nazr was/is averaging 11 ppg 8 rpg and 28 mins

hes spotted two players he likes a PG from Italy and Johan Petro a promising Center from France. Petro who I keep rambling on about is 18 years old, 7'0, incredible wingspan and can run the court...

Originally Posted by NYKnicks15
    Petro who I keep rambling on about is 18 years old, 7'0, incredible wingspan and can run the court...
    a lot of knick fans however believe we need a guy with a good post up game, if he can develop one, this guy is a dream come true.

Superstar

I agree with Peach, we need a guy that can post up. Who cares if a 7'0 can run the floor. But I really want Petro, he can always develop a post game.

Originally Posted by Brian_Coleman_21
    I agree with Peach, we need a guy that can post up. Who cares if a 7'0 can run the floor. But I really want Petro, he can always develop a post game.
    anyone that young has the ability to put on muscle and develop new aspects to their game, thats why the draft is so good.

how old is petro? 19? hes not gonna produce for at least a couple of years (probably not until his rookie contract is up). i really dont know much about him, but if he's not dominating in Europe, he's not going to be a factor in the NBA for a long time. he's going to be a "project". kwame brown, for example, who was drafted first out of high school, wasn't very useful to the wizards. what did they get out of picking him?

i'm hoping isiah (who does seem to be good at evaluating talent - he drafted ariza and kept sweetney and traded away maciej lampei in that phoenix trade) will be good at evaluating talent. i'm high on hakim warrick, just because i'm somewhat familir with him. he's very athletic and would make a prototypical SF in the nba. im all for getting draft picks and building a young team from the draft.

but, isiah is a making a mess out of those trades hes making. maurice taylor, malik rose - those are guys like jerome williams. yeah, they play tough and are good at defense and blah blah blah. but, at the end of the day, they are not difference makers and dont really become a significant factor in helping you win ball games. we dont need THREE of those high energy guys at PF in jyd, taylor, and rose. that houston trade was terrible. and i cant believe we actually gave up a draft pick on that one. first we picked up a horrendous contract and we gave up a draft pick as well (not to mention expiring contracts)????? just to get an overpaid below average PF???

first we had a clogged payroll. now, on top of that, we have a clogged roster (at PF). and an even more clogged payroll.

Superstar

I agree, with the point that I would rather pick guys that I am familiar with. But like you said, Isiah is good at evaluating talent and if he likes what he sees from Petro he will make the right decision.

Our 1st round pick goes to Utah via trade if not in lottery.[/size][/color]

I ment via Pheonix

Default Few trades are completely good or bad, this one mostly bad

I definately like Malik Rose as a player, he is decent offensively and a strong defender and rebounder. He is very Charles Oakley like. And even though it will be small, I like the starting frontline of Thomas in the Middle, Malik at the PW.

However, what the heck is Isiah doing?

Trading our one legit center, even if he was very inconsistent.

I like Rose, but we already have K. Thomas, M Sweetney and J. Williams.

Sure I like Mo Tayler better than Baker and Moochie, but why? He does not play D, and he is our 5th power forward now? I would have just cut Baker and Moochie at seasons end and pay off their deals rather than take back Mo taylors deal through next season.

Yes, I would like to think that Isiah is thinking that far ahead (like a master chess player) and he will try to package two lower picks, plus our lottery pick and maybe even Sweetney or Ariza or expiring contracts to move us up to the top of the draft or get us a marquis player fro another team via sign and trade. But, I do not have that confidence. Isiah was awesome on the floor, and not a bad coach. But while I commend him for shaking up the team last year and for trading untradeable players like Ward, and Eisley and turning them into Marbury - his other work at GM has not been so good.

Bad move #1 - Hiring Lenny Wilkens
    I know the thought here was the development of Marbury, but Lenny has not improved Steph's game and made him more of a team player. And paying Lenny $5MM per year, what the heck was Zeke thinking. We need a coach that will coach D.

Bad Move #2 - trading Van Horn for Tim Thomas and Nazh Mohameed
    This deal was not bad, but I thought that the whole idea was to get Mohmammed, now Mohammed is gone and we only have T. Thomas. Yes we have draft choices and now Malik Rose, but we already have three otehr players like Rose. so here we are over a year later and the team is no better. Will the draft choices acquired in this deal pay off, we won't know until are earliest next season.

I don't think Zeke has a plan, I think he is emotioanl and reactionary. For some reaosn he had a probelm with Shandon anderson, no one else in the league ever had a problem with Shandon Anderson.

I think Zeke should fire himself as President and GM and just coach the team. He made a lot of this mess, let him fix it. Besides, I think he would be a good caoch for Mabury. Also no other good coach will come to NY and work for Zeke, he micromanages too much.

Mark

yeah - he DOESNT really have a set plan, despite what he tries to make others beleive. was his plan really to acquire maurice taylor??? i mean, come on. he is so lost. he is pissing in his pants. he's just trying to save face.

he will never fire himself, his ego is too big. james dolan needs to fire him before he makes more of a mess. dolan should end thomas' misery for him and end his tenure here.

Originally Posted by a knick fan
    yeah - he DOESNT really have a set plan, despite what he tries to make others beleive. was his plan really to acquire maurice taylor??? i mean, come on. he is so lost. he is pissing in his pants. he's just trying to save face.

he will never fire himself, his ego is too big. james dolan needs to fire him before he makes more of a mess. dolan should end thomas' misery for him and end his tenure here.
    And what would firing Isiah do, just set us back even more.

We would just be starting another rebuilding plan and we have just begun this one.

I say give him another season.

Unfortunately I think you are right, Isiah does not have a plan no matter what he tries to make others think.
    The team looked pretty good tonight against Indiana. And I have to say that Kurt did a much better job defensively in the middle than Nazh did.
    I did notice that in nine minutes on the floor that Rose got 8 rebounds.
    I could possibly see this Rose thing, but Mo Taylor makes less than zero sense.

I think that Isiah should listen to his own comments and I wonder if he would find himself dilusional.

All teams in the east play with an undersized center, except, Miami, Cleveland......

Some of the best picks came late in the first or in the second round.....sorry Isiah, just becasue you got lucky with Ariza that does not extrapolate into every late choice being a good one.

"If potential were a drug, then all GM's would be in rehab!"