TRADES GOOD OR BAD

• GOOD!! thanks isiah

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BAD!! thanks for the debt zeke

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
so are the trades good or bad for us. i know it puts us back into "cap canyon" personally i think, we gave up garbage for decent quality, except for nazr (on occasions), also we will finally have draft picks.. so i'm going with good.

:yourock: ISIAH

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
I really like these trades. We now have 3 First Round Picks and have a solid frontline. We only gave up, Brewer,Moochie,Baker and Nazr and 3/4 dont even play.

The only downside to this trade is the cap problem.

WiL8000

Rotation player
That's true but Nazr would be a great back-up center. I am seeing the light when it comes to this trade now though..

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
WiL8000 said:
That's true but Nazr would be a great back-up center. I am seeing the light when it comes to this trade now though..
:agreed: nazr would be a great back up center, and it will be proven in san antonio when hes backing up nesterovic and duncan, hes going to be solid

DownUnderKnick3

Benchwarmer
Yes after serious doubts at first im now seeing that these trades are both beneficial now and in the future.

I was disapointed to see Nazr go as even though he had been in a slump of late he had really developed into a nice player, he should do well with the Spurs. I wish him luck!

NYKnicks15

Starter
BAD to an extent.
We picked up 2 power forwards, that are small.
We picked up 2 power forwards, with very undersirable contracts.
Kurt and Sweets will get traded this offseason probably. We have no more desirable expiring contracts. We have a 12 man roster with 3 guards not including Houston who is injured. We have no center.

GOOD to an extent.
We got ONE first round pick this year NOT two. we get the spurs pick this year and spurs pick next year. So we have two first rounders this year. Which we better pick up a Center and a Guard. I really like Johan Petro. we picked up two players the WILL produce when they step on the court. thats the only good i can find.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
i wonder if the lakers would be interested in malik rose and give us a first round draft pick for him? and hopefully they still dont even make the playoffs, and somehow miraculously win the lottery and we get that pick! i remember when orlando got shaq and penny in back to back years and then went to the finals soon thereafter. we should try to trade away mo taylor, malik rose, kurt thomas, p. hardaway, basically anybody except marbury, crawford, sweetney and ariza and see if we can get some decent draft picks out of any team that thinks it can "win now". i know the trade deadline is up now, but maybe we can use that philosophy for this summer.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
a knick fan said:
i wonder if the lakers would be interested in malik rose and give us a first round draft pick for him? and hopefully they still dont even make the playoffs, and somehow miraculously win the lottery and we get that pick! i remember when orlando got shaq and penny in back to back years and then went to the finals soon thereafter. we should try to trade away mo taylor, malik rose, kurt thomas, p. hardaway, basically anybody except marbury, crawford, sweetney and ariza and see if we can get some decent draft picks out of any team that thinks it can "win now". i know the trade deadline is up now, but maybe we can use that philosophy for this summer.

thats not the way isiah roles. and basically any gm in the league. They dont go around trading players they just got, and right now we have 3 picks in the next draft, with a good core group of players, we already disposed of 4 players, we dont need anymore leaving, especially just for picks which we already have.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
he traded away nazr mohammad after just one short year. and he even said that the reason he traded away kieth van horn for tim thomas was because nazr waas part of that deal. he seemed so pleased with mohammad, and then what happened? he traded him away. he was rumored to be close to signing eric dampier in the off season, but instead signed vin baker. then, shortly after signing him, without giving him any playing time, he traded him away. then why sign him in the first place? he took moochie norris contract last year (by giving up clarence weatherspoon) and now hes traded him away. what do you mean that isnt the way that isiah rolls??????????????????? he trades for one guy (or signs him), then realizes that the trade wasnt that great, and trades that guy away in a very short span. isiah doesnt know what the hell he is doing.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
we need EVERYONE leaving. i dont give a flying shit if they just got here or not. if they are paid more than they deserve, and they clog up the payroll, and they dont produce much on the court, we should trade their asses away whenever we can. the only problem is i dont think other gm's are as dumb as isiah to take on these bad contracts. only isiah and his loyal (ignorant?) fans believe in these trades.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
I liked Mohammed as much as the next guy, but your going about talking about him as if he were Shaq. Ok we have a lot of bad contracts, thats not good, and Isiah doesnt seem to care, but it seems like your asking ME why he traded him.. i dont know. i have as much a clue as the next guy, im not one of those fans who looks at every move we ever made and critics it to a stitch, right now im looking forward to the draft, and looking forward to seeing how our new players perform. I just want Isiah to make us a better team, im not looking at the bad decisions hes made, im looking forward to the good ones he will make.

DownUnderKnick3

Benchwarmer
Everyone is judging Isiah on the moves he's making now which is fair enough, but i feel we should wait til after the draft to see what he has done because thats where he seems to be focusing all his energy on.

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
DownUnderKnick3 said:
Everyone is judging Isiah on the moves he's making now which is fair enough, but i feel we should wait til after the draft to see what he has done because thats where he seems to be focusing all his energy on.

I agree, we have to see how wisely Isiah uses the picks.

NYKnicks15

Starter
Yea Mohammed is def. no Shaq nor is he an incredible center. I think he did good for us. BUT a time comes when a 6'10, thin starting center who averages 10 ppg and barely 5 rpg just doesnt cut it...

Dont produce? well obviously we cant tell how they produce yet seeing we havent even played one game with them yet. But Taylor who averages 7.8 ppg and 4.3 rpg coming off the bench or Malik Rose who plays behind Tim Duncan on the bench seems to still score 6.3 ppg and 4.5 rpg. I mean going to stats from their old teams they arent bad by any means. Malik plays tough and gives a lot of effort aswell as a good defender/rebounder. and Taylor who can shoot that 15 foot like Kurt, i think well be pleasantly surprised with them.....and if your not familiar with Maliks work you will be MORE than happy when you see him play. at 6'7 hes a good defender and even played against and defended incredibly well against Shaq in the playoffs. Hes known for his defense, strength and over all grittyness. Hes what the Knicks need when its comes to stength on defense...

Now clogging up salary space. Knick Fan we argued and fought and yelled over this situation before. And as nice as it would be to dump everybody and start over a new its NOT going to happen and we both know that buddy. Isiah to me is doing okay with what he walked into. he picked up quality players. Drafted Ariza. Now im not an Isiah fan persay..but lets see what he does in the draft, offseason and next years deadline before we give a stamp of disapproval.

I believe the point of trading away expiring contracts is to get a good player and i think we did that to an extent with rose and taylor...now i dont approve the taylor trade but what did we exactly lose in these trades??? Moochie? Vin? Brewer? How good were they doing for us? I think we honestly gained from these trades to an EXTENT. Im not being ignorant BUT we didnt lose quality players but we gained two of them and two first round draft picks...

Knicker Bocker

Benchwarmer
First of all NYKnicks15 Nazr was averaging about 10 ppg and 10 rpg in not alot of minutes. Second of all I guarantee everyone that IT will pick a futur all star if we pick in the lottery. I'm thinkin he might even trade our 2 1st round picks for a top 3 pick. He knows something we don't know or any other gm about this draft. He's a "draft" gm not a "trade" gm. LOL.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
Knicker Bocker said:
He's a "draft" gm not a "trade" gm.

i sure hope so, i sure hope so. He has been doing a very good job of scouting these past couple months, so i wouldnt be suprised if he has found someone interesting.

NYKnicks15

Starter
yes that is true he is a draft gm. ex. Primoz Brezec. ex. Tracy McGrady...no Nazr was/is averaging 11 ppg 8 rpg and 28 mins

hes spotted two players he likes a PG from Italy and Johan Petro a promising Center from France. Petro who I keep rambling on about is 18 years old, 7'0, incredible wingspan and can run the court...

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
NYKnicks15 said:
Petro who I keep rambling on about is 18 years old, 7'0, incredible wingspan and can run the court...

a lot of knick fans however believe we need a guy with a good post up game, if he can develop one, this guy is a dream come true. :)

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
I agree with Peach, we need a guy that can post up. Who cares if a 7'0 can run the floor. But I really want Petro, he can always develop a post game.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
Brian_Coleman_21 said:
I agree with Peach, we need a guy that can post up. Who cares if a 7'0 can run the floor. But I really want Petro, he can always develop a post game.

anyone that young has the ability to put on muscle and develop new aspects to their game, thats why the draft is so good.