TRADES GOOD OR BAD

• GOOD!! thanks isiah

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BAD!! thanks for the debt zeke

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
the difference between malik rose and nazr mohammad is that rose is a power forward and mohammad is a center. we already have enough power forwards. we dont have any legitmate centers.

still, i dont really mind this trade, because i like that we got 2 draft picks back, and its not like mohammad was a perennial all star.

but i am furious about the houston trade. i dont get it. maurice taylor??? first of all, even if isiah sees something in him, that guy will never get any real minutes because of clog at his position. so even if hes got some talent (and at 29 i think he would have already achieved some success by now already), hes never gonna get a chance to produce. why would we give up a draft pick and two expiring contracts for him????

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
nyknicks15, its funny how you pointed out all those draft picks late in the draft. i've been a big advocate all along of getting players from the draft!! i loved all those players you pointed out - thats exactly what im saying...you definetely CAN find good players in the draft, even after the first 15 picks. and isiah does seem like a good talent evaluator, so maybe he will find some gems in there. you were the one that was saying its gonig to be a "weak" draft and there's "no point in trying to build out of the draft".

thats why im pissed that isiah traded away expriing contracts AND a 2nd rd. draft pick for MAURICE "yet another overpaid underproducing big man on the knicks roster" TAYLOR. we got trevor ariza in the 2nd rd. would you trade ariza for taylor? i wouldnt. i have no idea what isiah was thinking on this one. it leads me to believe that he has become desperate and lost his practical sense is DEFINETELY being influenced by the media and feels a need to "do something now or else people will really get mad at me". he should be a head talent evaluator/scout for a team in my opinion, not the GM.

mdelton

Rookie
I think any succesful team can not do it through the draft alone, but must have established players. Having an Ariza and an Sweetney and adding another good young player to mix in with the vets is the way to go.

Ido have to say when I look at Mohmmed's performane game by game, this is a guy who is a 18 and 9 guy one night, 2 and 4 the next. He surprised epople by how well he has done in the NBA, but candidly, he has made no progressive improvement in his game. And very week on D even if he is 6:10.

He is serviceable as a center a best. He would do well in a system where he has a strong 3 and 4 along side.

DownUnderKnick3

Benchwarmer
mdelton said:
I think any succesful team can not do it through the draft alone, but must have established players. Having an Ariza and an Sweetney and adding another good young player to mix in with the vets is the way to go.

Ido have to say when I look at Mohmmed's performane game by game, this is a guy who is a 18 and 9 guy one night, 2 and 4 the next. He surprised epople by how well he has done in the NBA, but candidly, he has made no progressive improvement in his game. And very week on D even if he is 6:10.

He is serviceable as a center a best. He would do well in a system where he has a strong 3 and 4 along side.
Which is why theres a good chance he could flourish along side Timmy Duncan out in Texas.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
there's a very good chance, also Rasho Nesterovic has to step up his game now and get tougher, or he could be backing up nazr

NYKnicks15

Starter
yes yes KnickFan ive seen the light. Ive did my research at these players even as going as far as watching NBA International. You are right I am wrong. haha. Im still sticking with my "its a weak draft" quote because honestly it is. BUT there are a few shining kids out there aswell as some Europeans teams will/should take a chance on...in this case the knicks in Petro.

I think in Isiahs weird mind he sees Maurice Taylor as an expiring contract. He has to years left after this one but will still be good down the road and he said that in a statement earlier. Now Giving up Baker and Norris doesnt bother me, the 2nd rounder does. Baker and Norris are expiring contracts BUT Maurice Taylors contract and size mite look more lucratice to someone next or the following year...