How many picks do we have?

starpula

Benchwarmer
According to the NY Post and Newsday, we have 4 first round picks in the next two drafts (2 in each draft). However, I swear we traded our 2006 1st round pick in the Marbury trade giving us only 3 picks in the next two year. Can anyone let me know whats up with this?

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
im not sure, but i think that the draft pick that we were supposed to give to phoenix this year was lottery protected, and we are most likely going to the lottery, so i guess that pick is ours. but im not sure if we now owe phoenix a draft pick next year?

NYKnicks15

Starter
2005-This year we have our original draft pick and we picked up the suns via trade when we traded Nazr and Jamison for Malik Rose. We also have our original 2nd round pick TOTAL: 2 first round & 1 second round

2006-We have our original pick and the San Antonio spurs' through the Mohammed trade. We dont have a second round pick as we gave that to Houston in the Taylor deal. TOTAL: 2 first round

We gave away our 2004 first rounder and a future one which i believe is a 2007 first rounder to the suns in the marbury trade.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
thanks for clearing that up, atleast now we know where we stand, lets hope isiah can bring us some young... and hopefully tall.... talent :pray:

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
NYKnicks15 said:
2005-This year we have our original draft pick and we picked up the suns via trade when we traded Nazr and Jamison for Malik Rose. We also have our original 2nd round pick TOTAL: 2 first round & 1 second round

2006-We have our original pick and the San Antonio spurs' through the Mohammed trade. We dont have a second round pick as we gave that to Houston in the Taylor deal. TOTAL: 2 first round

We gave away our 2004 first rounder and a future one which i believe is a 2007 first rounder to the suns in the marbury trade.

Ok, thanks. We are pretty good shape for the draft.

NYKnicks15

Starter
No Problem guys

Yea expect for Isiah to trade Kurt and a the Suns first round pick for someone...hopefully a suspected Curry sign and trade or the same with Kwame Brown. :hump:

I think Isiah has high hopes on gettin Petro. and i encourage everyone to watch that NBA TV international show if you get it. This kid is 7'0 from France with an incredible wing span and runs the court very efficiently. :thumbsup:

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
Knicker Bocker said:
I hate brown and Curry. IT don't trade for them. The're overrated :eek:hboy:

i agree that Kwame isnt as good as he could be, but Curry is the oposite of overrated, atleast this season.. Many expected the Bulls to be a jumpshooting team with little inside presence, and Curry has become a lot thiner, and more athletic, put on muscle, and has given the Bulls that option, when their shots arent falling. I wouldnt mind seeing Curry in NY, but not Kwame.

NYKnicks15

Starter
When Kwame at 6'11, is not on the IL he averages 10 ppg and 7 rpg in 30 minutes. not too bad for someone paid 5.3 million less than Nazr's. But i dont think hes overated. because no one over credits him. BUT i also dont think hes an awfully great player by no means...

Curry on the other hand i like immensouly. hes also 6'11 but in 29 minutes he scores 15+ ppg and 5 rpg. i dont think hes overated frankly because no one gives him any credit. it all goes to Deng, Gordon or Hinrich...

Who would you like as our center then? reasonably...especially for that price? there arent to many big guys in the league that put up those numbers or too many true centers either.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
NYKnicks15 said:
Who would you like as our center then? reasonably...especially for that price? there arent to many big guys in the league that put up those numbers or too many true centers either.

thats what im saying, we cant look to trade for our center, we need to get him in the draft.

Knicker Bocker

Benchwarmer
I'm not really sure but I think it means if we don't grt to pick in the lottery we get to lose our 1st round pick to Utah. I don't like this. :cry:

DownUnderKnick3

Benchwarmer
I would like to see either Kwame or Curry in a Knicks uniform.

I reckon Kwame could turn out to be a real gem if he just was given the chance (kinda like Jermaine O'neal when he went from Portland to the Pacers) and i hope the Knicks are the one who take the chance on him.

He has all the tools required to become a great player.

NYKnicks15

Starter
im glad someone has the eyes to see that. Kwame is not well liked in Washington and doesnt get the chance. just like you said (kudos for remembering this i havent heard anyone mention it in a while) but O'Neal in PO until Isiah had a gut feeling on him.

I wouldnt mind AT ALL if Kwame especially Curry was on our team.

DownUnderKnick3

Benchwarmer
NYKnicks15 said:
im glad someone has the eyes to see that. Kwame is not well liked in Washington and doesnt get the chance. just like you said (kudos for remembering this i havent heard anyone mention it in a while) but O'Neal in PO until Isiah had a gut feeling on him.

I can definetly see one of them shinning in a greater role in New York.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
DownUnderKnick3 said:
NYKnicks15 said:

I can definetly see one of them shinning in a greater role in New York.

i can also see one of them getting an unbelievable contract.. i wouldnt be suprised them to see them sign the deal and then die... knowing our luck, everything that can happen will happen