Ads on Site

rady

Administrator
Staff member
I've been thinking for a while about this matter and i want to ask you first. How would you feel if KnicksOnline.com will be displaying some banner ads from Google? Yeah, i know it doesn't sound to good but there are some benefits:

1. i get some cash (few cents for every click) that will help me to pay some costs of the site

2. the google bot will visit the site everyday, this will help the site to be better indexed, and more easily to be found which will most likely bring more visitors and, why not, more posters.

I was considering of running these ads for about 2 months and see how things will work.
The ads will be placed somewhere on the forums in a way that won't disturb you and on the site, probably on the left blue bar.

so...

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
lets do it, the more users, the better! i want this site to get as much publicity as it can, considering its one of the best looking, best ran ive been on in a while

rady

Administrator
Staff member
ok, banner ads have been added. you can see them at the bottom of the forum, and on the left blue bar of every page of the site.
the best part is that google is searching for ads strictly related to the content of the page, so 95% of the ads will be knicks related.

ps: you can click on them with confidence :D

rady

Administrator
Staff member
pbjb14 said:
how much money do u get per click

hmm.. i think not all clicks have the same value, for example, on january 26, the first day, i had 6 click which made $0.13, and on march 1st i had another 6 clicks but they made $0.63.
anyway, the total clicks from jan 26th and untill today, gathered in knicksonline's piggy bank the large sum of $1.42 :)

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
Nice!! this site is the second on basically every google search, behing only nba.com/knicks.. Also, I like the new set-up with the posting.. how one post is a darker grey, from the post surrounding, it makes it that easier to read, and also a very nice touch, thanks rady

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
Yah the site is becoming more and more popular. More members will start to join and we will soon (if not already) become the greatest Knick fan site out there.

One day I just sat for about a minute and just kept clicking the ads. I will click the ads a lot now to make this site some money.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
sadly, i think i have a filter on my computer that stops the site from showing the ads, however when im at school, or not home i click them whenever i get the chance..

rady

Administrator
Staff member
you don't have to click like crazy on the ads, one per day is fine, and i think google is counting only one click / day on each pc ;)

btw, i'm getting very close of $6 :D

pbjb14

Benchwarmer

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
it might not take affect imediatly, but i can imagine that over the summer, and offseason knick fans who are exited for the upcoming season, looking for a fan site, will come across this, and we should have a lot more members then

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
Peach_NYK_21 said:
it might not take affect imediatly, but i can imagine that over the summer, and offseason knick fans who are exited for the upcoming season, looking for a fan site, will come across this, and we should have a lot more members then

This is how I discovered a Knick fan site which led me here. :hoops:

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
the way i discovered this site was wierd... i was posting on another forum and i was bored of it so i clicked on a forum "NBA team fan sites" cllicked Knicks, and it came up with you guys,, good find eh?