Kurt Thomas

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
Kurt Thomas had a great fourth quarter last night and had the jumper and everything flowing. He was the main person involved in the trade rumors and sent a message to Isiah last night that he made the right decision in keeping him. Kurt Thomas is a great rebounder,defender and can be great at offense at times. I dont know about you guys but I am really glad that Isiah kept him.

Knicker Bocker

Benchwarmer
First of all Kurt and Steph were the only ones who IT said no matter what happens who would of not traded the. Second of all I don't know why eveyone is hating on Kurt, He's our most valiable player, trade wise, he has the best attitude on the team, he 's th only one who plays hard eveynight and never gives you less than you expext. The guy is averaging around 15 boards in the last 17 games. He 's one of my favorite players. :kissass:

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
With Kurt now starting at center we need him to put that offensive attitude added on to the already good defensive intensity. He is also one of my favorite players, and Isiah made a good decision in keeping him, even though we could have probably gotten some good talent in exchange for him.

DownUnderKnick3

Benchwarmer
I would love to see Kurt and Malik turn into one of those badboy tandoms that opposing teams hate matching up on as they can shut you down.

Can't see it happening though.

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
whenever kurt gets into foul trouble the knicks are running ridiculously small lineups (already small to begin with) i think isiah needs to bring someone in just for the sake of height

NYKnicks15

Starter
yes good play by Kurt but look for him to get traded in the offseason for a Center most likely or before next years trade deadline. he said he wouldnt get traded because he knew he has a chance at getting the disgruntled Curry or Brown next season.

Nah I cant see the "bad boy" duo happen either. Especially when Sweetney is going to get the start. and Kurt will be traded sooner rather than later. plus no one should really fear a 6'7 PF or 6'9 Center

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
NYKnicks15 said:
yes good play by Kurt but look for him to get traded in the offseason for a Center

i think isiah has made it clear he's going after a center in the draft, if that doesnt happen maybe we can talk about KT being traded

NYKnicks15

Starter
yea hes def. going after French posprect Center Johan Petro and probably that italian PG that he also admires with his second pick. But I still think hes going to look for a proven Center to trade for with Kurt and that second pick. Why do we need 5 powerforwards to begin with??? When we can have 2 centers and 4 power forwards...

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
NYKnicks15 said:
yea hes def. going after French posprect Center Johan Petro and probably that italian PG that he also admires with his second pick. But I still think hes going to look for a proven Center to trade for with Kurt and that second pick. Why do we need 5 powerforwards to begin with??? When we can have 2 centers and 4 power forwards...

Exactly, we have to many PF's. We need one true center.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
and its not like our forwaards can be moved over to center, they're all undersized, now i am really anticipating the draft.

NYKnicks15

Starter
Bogut is really over rated. and I use that term loosely BUT he is. He slated to go number 1. Tell me why? He does have a lot of good which makes people look past the bad. But its staring you dead in the face. Bogut is 7'0, puts up big numbers and has good mechanics. BUT hes very unathletic AND he plays in a horribly weak conference. like i said on another thread

I agree Carpy i dont like Bogut. Heres why. okay Ill agree he puts up big numbers, hes young, hes 7'0. he has good mechanics...BUT he does all this in a VERY weak conference. VERY weak. Thats like me playing Hockey right now of course ill be good because no one else is playing.

DownUnderKnick3

Benchwarmer
In saying that if the Knicks have a mid to late draft pick and Bogut is suprisingly still avialable should the Knicks take him?

It is true that he's in a weak conference but he can't do anything about that and it's a credit to him that he's playing above the level of the conference. Remember Bogut did put up big numbers in the Olympics as Australias starting centre, around about 15 points and 10 boards a game?

NYKnicks15

Starter
if hes surprisingly still there of course you take a chance on him. Youll never know until you take a chance...im not saying its his fault hes in a weak conference im saying that just gives him to compete against not too great of standards. So an excellent player in Utah could look like an sub-par player in the Big East.

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
Kurt Thomas had another good night last night. Although he only had 16 pts. (which is pretty good), he played really good defense on J-O'Neil and 9 Rebounds.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
what did jermaine o'neal hurt last night? His ribs, i know he was clutching his stomach but is there any news on him right now? he looked to be in a lot of pain.

NYKnicks15

Starter
yea, he hurt his ribs. but they say its just a small bruise and he feels fine. they took xrays and no ribs have been broken or anything for him to be technically "injured"

DownUnderKnick3

Benchwarmer
In Australia in our football code that i guess you guys would know nothing about there are bruised ribs all the times, if the players are really game they were a vest under their uniform which provides them with some sort of protection.