Thread: Gary Payton?

Superstar

Default Gary Payton?

If the Hawks buy out Gary Payton, which they probably will do, do you think we should sign him to back up Marbury. I know he is going to ask for a ton of money (which he doesn't deserve), and will demand more playing time, but if he does cooperate I think he would be a good pickup. We need to add more depth to this team with only 11 guys on the roster.

I was wondering what you guys thought about this.

we do need a back up point guard, but i dont know how he would take to such a lesser role, but it is always a posibility. go for it!

There's no way Gary would play for us, reports are that after he's been released the Celtics will sign him again or he will sign with a contender, either Miami or the Suns.

Veteran

yea look for him to go to either Miami, Minnesota or EVEN back to Boston. Id say no even if he wanted to play for us. Hes in his 14th year he wants a starting job or big minutes, hed have to adapt and be cooperate to learn are system and hes not athletic at all anymore.

The Glove would definetly be best suited in a team that can challenge for a title and still have a pretty solid role within it.

Originally Posted by DownUnderKnick3
    The Glove would definetly be best suited in a team that can challenge for a title and still have a pretty solid role within it.
    i dont know if he'd be best fit for a contendor, but thats what he wants, and what gary wants Gary gets.. i still cant believe he has the option to refuse to play for Atlanta.

Originally Posted by Peach_NYK_21
    Originally Posted by DownUnderKnick3
    i dont know if he'd be best fit for a contendor, but thats what he wants, and what gary wants Gary gets.. i still cant believe he has the option to refuse to play for Atlanta.
    Every player should have the option not to play for Atlanta.

Veteran

if gary got what he always wanted hed have a ring by now, wouldnt have been traded to Boston nor (after seeing it) wouldnt be in that POS of a movie Eddie with Whoopie Goldberg haha

haha, yea downunder, only a few get to escape that black hole that is atlanta, thats why Antoine Walker is the luckiest guy in the NBa right now.

Superstar

haha, yea downunder, only a few get to escape that black hole that is atlanta, thats why Antoine Walker is the luckiest guy in the NBa right now.
    What about Baron Davis?

Veteran

have to disagree. Only two players on the Hawk's roster at the beginning of this year remain from last year. Chris Crawford and Boris Diaw. Chris Crawford is no longer a Hawk so only one player remains from last year Diaw. So I guess a lot of people get to leave atlanta and rightfully so. Hot-Lanta dont care either more salary cap room for next year. They have around 27 million dollars to spend this offseason and a very low first round pick.

Baron Davis is very lucky aswell. he left the hornets to get close to home in Golden State. He got his wish. plus he gets to play with Jason Richardson and Troy Murphy which is a decent 3 player tandem.

Originally Posted by NYKnicks15
    Baron Davis is very lucky aswell. he left the hornets to get close to home in Golden State. He got his wish. plus he gets to play with Jason Richardson and Troy Murphy which is a decent 3 player tandem.
    dont forget Mike Dunleavy, hes one of the underrated players in the NBA, and thats not a bad starting lineup.. golden state improves drastly with the addition of Baron

Originally Posted by NYKnicks15
    dont forget Mike Dunleavy, hes one of the underrated players in the NBA, and thats not a bad starting lineup.. golden state improves drastly with the addition of Baron
    It's just weather they can keep everyone healthy and keep everyone contracted.

A lot of those guys on golden state are injury prone, and there's no real way around it, except to get a good team doctor, and good luck