Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New York vs LA Lakers 02/28 Game Thread (W 117-115)

Calm down people!!!
    Jeez that was an awesome game. The knicks played an extremley good game all around. The end was not so much a knicks collapse as a great effort by the Lakers. We have to credit the lakers for knockin down those 3's at the end of the game.

Originally Posted by Knickerbockers11
    Calm down people!!!
    Jeez that was an awesome game. The knicks played an extremley good game all around. The end was not so much a knicks collapse as a great effort by the Lakers. We have to credit the lakers for knockin down those 3's at the end of the game.
    yeah i credit the lakers for that amazing comeback, but i give us more credit for winning it back in overtime... Not many teams would have the will to come back after that

Superstar

Yea it was moreof a Lakers comback than a Knicks collapse. I hope they understand that teh defense thatthey played earlier gave them a big cushion to soften the lakers comback. Teams are gonna make their runs. Their a 3 pt shooting team. If the Knicks just made their free throws we would of won the game by 5 in regulation.

Superstar

Oh yea I hate Laker Fans. They were so many of them there. I cant stand them. Glad yall lost tonight.

Boy oh boy if we let that one slip any hopes we had of restoring this season would of gone down the drain.

Credit to the players for keeping their head and not letting the 4th qtr collapse get at them.

Great game overall, espicially from Tim Thomas...he is really shutting up those doubters now. Keep it up Tim.

i dont want to be a pessimist, but were still 5 games out of first place. and boston and philly have significantly upgraded their rosters.

the idealistic knick fan inside me would love to see them somehow make the playoffs and somehow actually win a series or two.

but is that really going to happen? i dont think so.

Originally Posted by a knick fan
    i dont want to be a pessimist, but were still 5 games out of first place. and boston and philly have significantly upgraded their rosters.

the idealistic knick fan inside me would love to see them somehow make the playoffs and somehow actually win a series or two.

but is that really going to happen? i dont think so.
    I can't realisticly see it happening but i just want to keep that hope.

there always has to be that hope.. without that hope we'll accomplish nothing, without that hope we wouldnt have beaten the lakers, i think if we just take it one game at a time we can make a run to the playoffs, i still believe!

Timmy had his greatest game in this season!

Originally Posted by Penny Hardaway
    Timmy had his greatest game in this season!
    tim had his greatest game as a knick!! 35 points is the most he's ever scored in orange and blue, and that tip in in overtime was by far his biggest shot!

Veteran

yea id hate to "kiss" you know what here...BUT a Knick Fan is completely right on this case. Dont be too optimistic. The 76ers and Boston have made DRASTIC changes to their rosters and Indianas right behind behind them in wins. If we continue let it fall apart like we did on this game we wont have a chance. They could score a 100 points in the first half but if they dont play strategically or defensively mind in the 2nd it will all slip away.

On another note, good play by Tim and Sweetney. Good to see Marbury contributing with 12 assists. and no longer am i going to say the words "good play by Kurt Thomas" because frankly he always has good play and is the most consistent player on the team. But good play, VERY proud of Tim. and Nice too see us play defense in the last 3 games...hmm 3-0 since we start playing better D i really think were on to something

ANYWAY if you want to join on my pessimistic rampage or enlighten us with some optimistic talk go to the thread enetitled GETTING TOO HAPPY...