Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Soccer

I support Barca as all of you might have guessed from my sig. The Chelsea game was one of the most incredible upsets i have ever witnessed, well apart from that 99 champions league Final betwen Man U and Bayern. To be fair Chelsea deserved it more than we did but than again luck helps the strong.

Against Man U i believe it will be an awesome match. Two teams that play a very attractive football. (Yes FOOTBALL ) I am a little upset we will miss Abidail, Marquez and Alves in defence but Pujol is vack so we should be able to contain CR7 and Co.

Can't wait.

Manchester United all my life. My dad came over from Bristol but he was a dead set Red Devil fan, probably cause his mum was Arsenal.

I cant see Man Utd losing the final, Barcelona's defence is not that great but missing 3 key defenders for the final only helps our cause. Dont think they will be able to contain Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez and Berbatov.

Hopefully we can go back to back and further stamp our claim as being the best club in the world

Best club in the world. That is a good one.

well we are reigning European champions, current World Club champions, reigning EPL champions and set to win it again.

Did Barcelona win their league last year?

Did i say we are the best club in the world? NO
    And till it is set and done you are not the best club. That will be settled in Rome. We are about to win the Primera Liga and you are set to win the EPL. We are both in the CL final and til' may 27 you are just another british team. We already kicked out the best of them in Chelsea. Your midfield is old with Giggs and Scholes.

Need i remind you we scored 4 to Bayern, 6 to Madrid in the last month?

well i would have thought being world champs and being reigning ECL champs and going for 4 or 5 trophies would make us the best in the world currently.

Giggs and Scholes are bench players, Giggs has only started a qtr of the season and Scholes about half. Our midfield is very young, probably younger then Barcelona's. Ronaldo, Anderson, Carrick, Fletcher and Park are regulars and Nani plays a bit as well.

Just another British team? well 2 years in a row the final 4 has had 3 British sides left and last year the final was all British. the EPL is the strongest league in the world right now and has been for a couple years.

You beat Bayern in the 1st leg who were missing key players and after that tie it was all over and in the 2nd leg Bayern were better then Barcelona but didnt put it on the scoreboard.
    You hit 6 past Madrid, Madrid have arguably one of the worst backlines i have ever scene. Liverpool hit 5 past them and Liverpool are probably the 3rd best side in the EPL.

Credit to Barca, they are a great side and play awesome football but are they the best? who knows. Will find out soon enough but lets be honest, the Premiera is not as strong as what it once was. its a 2 team league at best. Sevilla and Villareal wouldnt even be better then Everton lol

I wanted a rematch so bad....

But now I'll actually root for Man U for once in my life...

I want Rooney to take it to them because he is the only guy on Manchester I like....I just really don't like Barca....

Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    I wanted a rematch so bad....

But now I'll actually root for Man U for once in my life...

I want Rooney to take it to them because he is the only guy on Manchester I like....I just really don't like Barca....
    Much respect!

How could u not like Tevez? he is my fave, he is a little bulldog. Cant wait to wear my Tevez strip ECL Final night in town and run amok

Originally Posted by Pricey
    Much respect!

How could u not like Tevez? he is my fave, he is a little bulldog. Cant wait to wear my Tevez strip ECL Final night in town and run amok
    Tevez just rubs me the wrong way...Not really sure why either...I'd first say it was his temper, but Rooney has one too and I adore Wayne Rooney...

Ok boys its time for you all to quit talking about these ***** sports like Soccer.Next thing you all will be talking about is figure skating!!

Football is far from being a ***** sport. Unfortunatley there is a lot more acting in the game these days.
    Anyone ever on the end of a Roy Keane tackle would say its soft lol

next thing u will say is NFL is tough bahahahahaha. Any part of their body not protected? I love it but man there is way too much padding. How are u suppose to run with all the crap on.
    at least with AFL and Rugby there is no padding and they run at eachother much harder.

Football is far from being a ***** sport. Unfortunatley there is a lot more acting in the game these days.
    Anyone ever on the end of a Roy Keane tackle would say its soft lol

next thing u will say is NFL is tough bahahahahaha. Any part of their body not protected? I love it but man there is way too much padding. How are u suppose to run with all the crap on.
    at least with AFL and Rugby there is no padding and they run at eachother much harder.
    LOL im just having some fun with you guys its a free country you can like what ever you choose.Myself I can't handle the sport watching a whole game and only see a goal or two scored.That drives me crazy and watching those players fall down to the ground like their dying after another guy touchs them is funny as hell.

I pick the NFL anyday over Soccer!! Like you guys would say it isn't my cup of tea!!

yeah no doubt.

however i will take a 0-0 in the soccer over watching 5 hours of Baseball lol. Now that could be the most boring sport ever.

yeah no doubt.

however i will take a 0-0 in the soccer over watching 5 hours of Baseball lol. Now that could be the most boring sport ever.
    I agree with you on baseball even thow I watch it baseball has went to the dogs.

Each sport has its own share of followers. It is cultural really, for instance most of us that like football (Not soccer it'c called football) do come from either European backgrounds or Latin Americans. The Americans are more into baseball/NFL/basketball. Europeans for instance prefer football/basketball/F1 Racing i would presume.

Calling the king of sports a ***** sport however sounds a little ignorant. Statistically is the most played sport in the earth. It is the most watched and the sport that generates the most revenue worldwide.

Tell a European about the NFL or MLB and they would laugh at you. Heck even rugby would overshadow any Yankee sport that is not basketball. I would argue that the NBA is the only sport product that has real value worldwide as far as American sport goes.