Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Soccer

You're right. In Europe, Latin America, Central America, Africa and almost in Asia the most important sport is Football (Not Soccer). A game between Boca Juniors and River Plate, Celtic and Rangers, Barcelona-Real Madrid, Real Madrid-Atletico Madrid, Milan-Internazionale, Man U-Liverpool, etc have as espectation or more than the NBA finals (I think more, ).
    In Europe the superbowl is a joke. However a UCL final is the best, only surpassed by the final of the world world cup.
    There aren't no closed leagues in Europe. We do not like. The system of promotion and relegation is much more exciting. You cannot rebuild like in NBA (for example) and spend one year lossing every matches you play because you go to an inferior league (come on Newcastle!), what is a economical disaster for the club.
    The biggest clubs in Europe have to win always no matter what happens, always win.
    Yes, It's definitely a cultural issue.

I'm spanish but I think that nowadays Premier League is the best league in Europe, the level of the second-line teams is better than anycountry. Only a few teams like Barcelona, Inter, Juve (Madrid, Milan, Bayern in other years) can compete with them.

For the Man U fans, we would have a circustancial defense in the final, we have problems in aereo. But could Man U have the ball playing against Barcelona, I don't think so. If Man U play a open game may loss as happened to Real Madrid. But if you play back like Chelsea, you'll have more options to win.
    I think that Fergusson will put in the starter team Ronaldo (second striker), Rooney (left wing), Tevez (striker) and Park (right wing) (Bervatov is too slow and less combatant then others) forward, in the middle Carrick and Scholes and the usual defense.
    Barcelona will play with Valdes, Sylvinho (left back), Pique and Puyol (middle back), Caceres (right back). Toure Yaya front of the defense, Iniesta and Xavi in the middle, and forward Henry (left), Eto'o (centre) and Messi (right).

IMO, Spain's national team will probably win it all next year.

Banned

Originally Posted by Peach_NYK_21
    Does anyone watch football here, preferibly the english premier league. If so who are your favorite teams? My dad is from Middlesbrough, so they are my favorite english team, but im from Aberdeen, Scotland, so they are my Scottish team. I am interested in seeing your views.

I like EPL so much..
    Manchester United is my favorite team..
    They are just awesome..
    I feel sorry for you because has been eliminated from top flight this season..
    Last edited by rady; Jun 07, 2009 at 05:09.

dude you follow Man Utd but ur username is Frank Lampard??

Originally Posted by Pricey
    dude you follow Man Utd but ur username is Frank Lampard??
    lol

I was thinking the same thing.

I'm a Boro man in the EPL, and shattered at the news that we have been relegated for the 09/10 season. Southgate has stated there is a massive clean out on the cards though, which is a good thing, and with any luck we could jump back up into the EPL for the following season.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Usa! Usa! Usa!

i cannot believe they beat Spain

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

not the best time but i dont give a ****

EGYPT!!!

Can't believe what a play they had at goal 2!!

Yeah word man, Spain had like 29 shots on and 12 on Goal and the US had 9 shots 2 on goal. The difference is that USA got all those shots on goal to count Spain didn't.

Who cares anyway, the Confed cup is worthless.

Love this game...I couldn't live my life without it...My favorite team is SL Benfica from Portugal...Their kinda like the Knicks lol...Great past, but doing horrible in recent years...But this season is different...We look to be getting back to our best...So hopefully my soccer team returns to winning ways this season and next season I hope my basketball team returns to winning ways...

Forca Benfica and Knicks

Benfica of the past was exactly like the Knicks: always in the final of the Champion League and won only ONCE out of 7 tries

So true my friend lol...But have you seen them play this season?...We are just kicking ass and taking names...We kinda play the same style as your team, Barcelona...Just lovely passing and attacking and running up the score on poor old teams lol...Also it was great when Benfica played Barce back in the 05/06 CL...We really gave you a run for your money, but in the end you guys were the better team...Hope we meet again soon lol